Reopening delayed to Nov 1st - music may be allowed in restaurants, but only early evening

webfact

Is it just me...

or are there some serious kill-joys trying to make a bid to turn Thailand into an alcohol free country where all music and public fun is banned?

In my minds eye, is a vision of government house, populated by glum faced Quakers tut-tutting over every one caught smiling. 'Burn them at the stake' ...

quakers.jpg

Edited by SteveB2
image type incorrect

14 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I only come to read these threads now to see what has been flip flopped again and for my daily laughter medicine. You can not make this stuff up. Talking about being inept. Totally delusional as usual.  I often wonder do they hold meetings and check what they have said previously and how effective it went.

It would seem they just throw 'any item in the hat'.  No accountability or monitoring.  I look forward to the next chuckle installment. Will it be today or tomorrow. ????????

And people are wondering why the uk won't accept the vaccinations from thailand to enter. Come on ex-pats who want to return home. Can you blame the uk you should all know thailand cant organize a pre up in a brewery 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, southcoast said:

No, its to stop people enjoying them selves and being happy. Clowns the lot of them!!.

Not really. It's how politics works, but you wouldn't know that because you are honest.

1) Publicly announce bars and music venues (drinking) will be closed

2) Stay close to phone and wait

3) Receive phone calls and meet with beer and whiskey companies, and club reps for some "tea" and chat

4) Go home, place cash in safe hidden in house

5) Announce openings

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, tonray said:

Apparently G Major Chords have been shown to allow Covid to travel up the scale, causing E flat transmission

Suspended chords have been banned as they allow small droplets to hang in the air. However, flat fifths are encouraged to diminish the risk. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Suspended chords have been banned as they allow small droplets to hang in the air. However, flat fifths are encouraged to diminish the risk. 

Stringed instruments must have every other string removed for proper distancing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, digger70 said:

What in Satans Name has Music got Anything to do with C19? 

Does Music Spread C19 ,  I am sure it Doesn't. 

Its a bit like banging your head against the wall, feels good when you stop, so the general believes that the sheeple will be grateful to the him for these little scraps of nothingness. It's all about the abuse (I mean excise) of power.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The sources disclosed that, at its meeting on Thursday, the operations centre resolved to adjust curfew hours to 10pm to 4am, and ease restrictions on ten types of business activities and venues, including:

• Centres for children or pre-school child
• Museums, historical or archaeological sites
• Learning or science and cultural centres and art galleries
• Manicure shops
• Tattoo, massage and spa parlours
• Cinemas
• Restaurants with a live band with air circulation systems meeting “COVID-free setting standard
• Consumer product sections of malls, hypermarkets, outdoor stadia and convenience stores opening hours extended to 9pm

So why are these provinces still deemed dark red if it's safe to open these once restricted businesses?

14 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

in Australia, it's a full lockdown and the population (with red or yellow jackets) is out in the street asking for blood ????

don't know if you have seen it on TikTok, but some of those protests in Australia are awesome, police fleeing the scene being chased by locals etc... roadblocks with trucks etc... ????

I see a revolution coming in Australia ???? 

Freedom does not come cheap. Disarm, then Registration, Confiscation and Incarceration.  History repeats itself Down Under. Sad.

15 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Clive James was an incredible wit and a deep thinker besides, "Cultural Amnesia" was a masterpiece as a far as a collection of essays go. We lost him in November 2019, I wonder what he would have made of it all? I miss his column "Rumors of my death" and I miss him. 

I was not aware of Clive James passing on.  Many years ago , about 40 possibly I sat with my mother over the Xmas period and watched C J on the box. He was brilliant ,

• Like 1

14 hours ago, digger70 said:

Reopening delayed to Nov 1st - music may be allowed in restaurants, but only early evening 

Why keep setting dates if they not even know whats happening the next day ?

When walking in to a restaurant think ' Oliver '.    Food glorious food hot sausage and mustard while we're in the mood cold jelly and custard.   Pease pudding and ...I'll get me hat.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, smedly said:

I wish I could be in the room when these highly intelligent well educated best of the best brains in Thailand are discussing their next move 

get the cameras in there for all to see - that is some great comedy TV right there

It worked in the UK , remember  Yes Minister  followed by Yes Prime Minister.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 8:50 AM, ikke1959 said:

Happy to hear that music is allowed in restaurants only early evening.. Yeah late in the evening will not be possible if the curfew is still from 21.00. Besides I never knew it was forbidden. Karaoke yeah...but is no music. That is screaming through a microphone by people who think they can sing. That should be forbidden for ever.

So sitting together in a restaurant with so loud music you can't talk with eachother and no alcoholic drinks... THere must be fun

Even pre Covid I wouldn’t visit a restaurant if they were playing music, as you say you go to eat and chat not to have your ear drums blasted and Karaoke never!
Fortunate.y plenty of good restaurants that have neither.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 8:50 AM, ikke1959 said:

Happy to hear that music is allowed in restaurants only early evening.. Yeah late in the evening will not be possible if the curfew is still from 21.00. Besides I never knew it was forbidden. Karaoke yeah...but is no music. That is screaming through a microphone by people who think they can sing. That should be forbidden for ever.

So sitting together in a restaurant with so loud music you can't talk with eachother and no alcoholic drinks... THere must be fun

"That is screaming through a microphone by people who think they can sing. That should be forbidden for ever."

Yes, they make Peltin Elton sound like Elvis. :cheesy:

• Like 1