Reopening delayed to Nov 1st - music may be allowed in restaurants, but only early evening

webfact

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I often wonder do they hold meetings and check what they have said previously and how effective it went.

I've often though the same, and every time it makes me so glad I never had to work for a living in Thailand. Can you imagine how frustrating sitting at one of these committee meetings would be?

"who's taking the minutes?"

Silence.

• Like 1

Just music and no alcohol I presume?   Or will restaurants perhaps have the option of letting people have a glass of wine with their meal, but only if they wear earplugs so they cannot listen to the music at the same time which we all know is dangerous.   

• Haha 2

Music in restaurants is a slippery slope. I can see the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse saddling up right now.

A thousand years of locusts, burning seas, plagues, earthquakes and volcanoes....all for wont of a little Tony Bennett or Tommy James and the Shondells to whet the appetite and accompany the amuse bouche.

Can we really take the chance? Such abject bravery coming from the halls of power!

(More to the point, the author either selectively edited to draw the reaction he has elicted, or these govt groups are really out of constructive ideas.)

3 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Music in restaurants is a slippery slope. I can see the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse saddling up right now.

A thousand years of locusts, burning seas, plagues, earthquakes and volcanoes....all for wont of a little Tony Bennett or Tommy James and the Shondells to whet the appetite and accompany the amuse bouche.

Can we really take the chance? Such abject bravery coming from the halls of power!

(More to the point, the author either selectively edited to draw the reaction he has elicted, or these govt groups are really out of constructive ideas.)

With your suggested playlist I would opt for silence !

With all those announcements / cancellations, now it's too late, the high season wont happen for the second year.
The anger of thai people is still growing and that 2nd missed high season wont help to calm them down.

What I really fear now is that after 2 or 3 months, the pandemic will be definitively  over but we wont be able to enjoy life, ????

Edited by Rimmer
inflammatory removed
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

i still think dec jan.we all wait and see

Too late now, tourists won't start to booking their holidays in Thailand before they'll see that everything is opened with no restrictions, no quarantine.

More business will close in Pattaya, that's sad. All those closure will also delay the return of a "normal" Pattaya and the return of tourists.

• Like 2

thai researchers have announced that they have discovered that certain music decibel levels destroy the covid virus, and are awaiting the results of ongoing clinical trials

Dr somchai stated, "once again, thailand is leading the world in cutting edge research to benefit humanity....

ohhh...the humanity...."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

Just music and no alcohol I presume?   Or will restaurants perhaps have the option of letting people have a glass of wine with their meal, but only if they wear earplugs so they cannot listen to the music at the same time which we all know is dangerous.   

we all know that Charlie can't sing.

5 hours ago, alyx said:

Fingers crossed on Monday 

They're only going to discuss "proposals"!  Anyway, like the dates they give for the arrival of more vaccines, the dates for vaccinating all the population, the dates for opening bars, the dates for opening up the country are all 'pie-in-the-sky' and change constantly! It means nothing!

Yesterday it was announced that by the end of October 50% of the population will be vaccinated (dependant on sufficient vaccines -- but they can always dilute them I suppose!) -- let's wait and see if that date is kept!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Likely to be approved is a delay in the reopening of Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Cha-Am, Pattaya and Hua Hin from October 1st to November 1st.

Makes perfect sense, Thailand just isn't ready yet to start opening up before vaccinations have reahed the targets.

Phipat will just have to sit back for another month.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I do wish they would stop pussy footing around either the country is ready to open up, which means everything for everyone or its not, if its not fit for the local public to enjoy themselves why would the government even consider opening up to the world. - Just greed at the expense of others, either open up or don't

The problem is you've got the health service trying to be logical, and the TAT trying to be illogical.

• Haha 1