Thailand to scrap quarantine for vaccinated visitors from Nov 1

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

yes it seems that way making this another post pulling deceptive headline and 4 pages of pointless discussion 

In defense of the OP, Reuters published a misleading and vague article.

and there is understandable confusion today, due to the promised reductions in quarantine length based on vaccination status.

Perfect scenario by Christmas:

1. Abolishment of quarantine, COE, insurance and other silly things. 

2. Current governmental debacle and international embarrassment hung, drawn and quartered. 

3. Thanathorn party in whatever incarnation running the show. 

• Like 1

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/09/thailands-ccsa-approves-4-phase-reopening-plan-from-october-until-january/

This  from TAT with all the so called "phases"   and the CCSA . Awaiting approval from the cabinet. Still not clear if can 7 days quarantine in Bangkok from 1st Oct. and from Nov 1st no  ASQ . and what is the position with CofE from what date, Clear as mud as ever 

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I literally meant your experience was exceptional. If quarantines were routinely changed at the airport, the result would be fairly chaotic. Instead, you experienced a rare event.

people should not assume that the length of their quarantine can be renegotiated or otherwise changed at BKK, upon arrival.

My experience was not exceptional. Two people directly in front me received the shorter 7 day period. Then a person next to me had the same. There were many posts on here and other forums of people receiving the new shorter periods at the airport. Surprisingly, the entire process went very smoothly, especially considering it was put together less than a week before it launched.

Maybe the fact that the entire process worked as well as it did was the exceptional part. Thai bureaucracy, Immigration, Health officials, airport workers, transportation and hotels all came together and did a GREAT job. Hope to see a repeat performance when I come back in 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/09/thailands-ccsa-approves-4-phase-reopening-plan-from-october-until-january/

This  from TAT with all the so called "phases"   and the CCSA . Awaiting approval from the cabinet. Still not clear if can 7 days quarantine in Bangkok from 1st Oct. and from Nov 1st no  ASQ . and what is the position with CofE from what date, Clear as mud as ever 

Everything should be clear by 23:59 on Sep 30. Or maybe not everything...

Back in April when they decided to cut quarantine from 14 to 7 days starting April 1, the details weren't clear until a couple of days before the 1st. Even then, they changed the 7 day (7 or 8 nights) rule and added the 18:00 time cutoff sometime around April 2 or 3.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Just flash my vaccine info , get on the plane , nothing else , I'll book it. Anything more like insurance, tests, quarantine, blah blah blah, nobody will come

...and now it's a 4-phase stage opening that isn't thought out or explained well terribly well. 

<deleted> - just open the whole country up to those vaccinated. 

No tests. No quarantine. No COE. No insurance scams. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Just flash my vaccine info , get on the plane , nothing else , I'll book it. Anything more like insurance, tests, quarantine, blah blah blah, nobody will come

I don't think people would come even if they could just fly in like pre-covid

a lot of tourist areas have effectively died and will take years to recover

then you have would-be tourists that are no longer able to afford the holiday

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alyx said:

As much as I love UK and their subjects....this kingdom is not the centre of the world and a lot of readers/ travellers would love to see that in effect in some of the 197 remaining countries countries ???? 

No offence meant

Well in respect of maps it is, due to the location of the 0 degree longitude line but yes fair point....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

who do i believe. if i buy an airline ticket now and thais change rules oct 15.  then what happens to my air ticket..............im royally confused.  i have alot of stuff near ko sarn road in storage in bkk.   are they saying i can go into bkk as a vacced traveler on nov 1. with no quarantine?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

I don't think people would come even if they could just fly in like pre-covid

a lot of tourist areas have effectively died and will take years to recover

then you have would-be tourists that are no longer able to afford the holiday

I agree with you except for the “and it will take years to recover”. I was in Phuket during and after the tsunami. It was in full boom before the following high season and that was after the entire beach front was destroyed and everyone and I mean everyone had left! If Thailand opens back up fully without any restrictions it will be back to Pre-COVID levels in 6 months providing people worldwide who are vaccinated or not are allowed to travel freely wherever they want. That is what will restrict the recovery nothing else.

Edited by Dukeleto
  • Like 1

Just now, Dukeleto said:

I was in Phuket during and after the tsunami. It was in full boom before the following high season and that was after the entire beach front was destroyed

Yep... the songtaew drivers were ripping people off at the old prices soon after, despite there not being many customers. I got a good deal on a resort hotel though. 

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It will come back much quicker then many think.

There is tremendous pent up demand of millions in the world who want to travel.

Thailand will get many lower and mid-level tourists back who are looking for a less expensive alternative.

Millions of male tourists wanting to come.

I disagree about the shops, etc. they can reopen most of these places in a couple of weeks.

Roll up the metal doors on areas like Nana or Soi 6 for example,  get the word out I bet in a week the places will be up and running.

If and when we open and the so called recovery kicks in, one surely shouldn't expect a less expensive alternative.

Those that might have this in mind will be in for quite a shock.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well in respect of maps it is, due to the location of the 0 degree longitude line but yes fair point....

In all fairness this runs from the North Pole to the South Pole…I do find the choice of UK ( Greenwich to be more precise ) kind of biased ???? 

• Haha 1