Thailand to scrap quarantine for vaccinated visitors from Nov 1

Jonathan Fairfield

26 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It will come back much quicker then many think.

There is tremendous pent up demand of millions in the world who want to travel.

Thailand will get many lower and mid-level tourists back who are looking for a less expensive alternative.

Millions of male tourists wanting to come.

I disagree about the shops, etc. they can reopen most of these places in a couple of weeks.

Roll up the metal doors on areas like Nana or Soi 6 for example,  get the word out I bet in a week the places will be up and running.

You may be right, and it would be like a Christmas morning when the children greedily and hurriedly rip open their presents to see what they were given.  Unfortunately as many of us know the excitement will soon wain as the gifts given are not what was expected. Much like the current state of affairs and the restrictions that are in place, yet reduced in some locations, but then still people will have requirements and hoops to jump through, for those travelers, whilst the folks who have happily and hurriedly moved back to these areas will now be sitting idly by twiddling their thumbs and spending money they have yet to earn....The devil is always in the details.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

I agree with you except for the “and it will take years to recover”. I was in Phuket during and after the tsunami. It was in full boom before the following high season and that was after the entire beach front was destroyed and everyone and I mean everyone had left! If Thailand opens back up fully without any restrictions it will be back to Pre-COVID levels in 6 months providing people worldwide who are vaccinated or not are allowed to travel freely wherever they want. That is what will restrict the recovery nothing else.

Tourism was already falling before covid 

Also covid will have caused a lot of bars and restaurants to close permanently and get sold off 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Let's wait for publication in the Gazette as don't forget state of emergency has already been extended until end of November. Personally think High Season has already been lost as nothing to stop complete reversal international tourists need definite confirmation COE etc has been cancelled and only requirement double vaccination.

COE has not been cancelled.

There will still be lots of requirements after November 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Other sources are confirming reduction to 7 day quarantine but not removing quarantine.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/travel-update-next-when-new-restrictions-start-date-covid-review-explained-1207690

No firm date for the next UK review of Thailand's red list status either.

Believe October 8 is next UK update on Red and Green review.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

great news !!      sadly,  some farang just have to whinge at any news.

Not really a 'details' kind of guy are you..? Nor one to include precedents when assessing announcements by a regime with a history of rowing back and omitting thinking and details on the ‘plan of the day' ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is good news, but it is extremely misleading. A COE is still required, special insurance, a stay in an approved hotel, as well as a multitude of other requirements and hoops to jump over. Thailand will by no means be "open" to vaccinated tourists. 

By contrast, 70 other countries are welcoming tourists with open arms and gratitude, and no hoops other a double vaccination and a covid test. You just show up and get a warm "thanks for coming! "

Kind of bizarre here, that even when they try to improve, they usually get it wrong. 

Was hasn't been made clear is the freedom [for tourists] to travel within the particular zones or not.

Presently, and as residents, we are able to travel inter-provincially without restrictions for the most part - certainly, this is the case upcountry. BKK Metro is a different situation - dark red/red zones might apply. 

Come November and December, will they be allowing travelers to wonder off as they wish? 

Provincial "check-in" apps or something along that line?

• Like 1

Just now, Kerryd said:

Sheesh. I just emailed a friend with a news article from yesterday that said the "re-opening" was delayed until 1 Nov and that "fully vaccinated" travellers would still have to book a "SHA+" hotel for one week, have a negative covid test not more than 72 hours before flying, a COE from the Embassy, take a covid test (at their own expense) on arrival and another one (at their own expense) a week later.

Supposedly after that they'd be allowed to travel around the country freely.

Now they are saying no quarantine at all ? 

Should I wait 12 hours for them to change their minds again ?

I'm trying to figure out how my buddy is going to get a negative covid test then get a COE from the Embassy in less than 3 days before flying, when the nearest Embassy is 3,450 kms away.

Well, it's over a month away now (at least) so there's plenty of time for things to change. Again. And again.

does this new nov 1 rule mean i can fly into bkk internationally and stay in a hotel on ko sarn road with no quarantine and not a special hotel.  i can stay anywhere?

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand will waive its mandatory quarantine requirement in Bangkok and nine regions from Nov. 1 to vaccinated arrivals, authorities said on Monday, as the country tries to boost its immunisation rate and revive its battered tourism sector.

Best to wait for the fine print to come out.

No quarantine means what?

Free from day one to go out and do what you want, or restricted to a hotel area for a few days while tests are done?

And then what about all the other "entry" requirements?

17 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

u mean certificate of entry   .  if i need one i wonder what requirements are to get one    . covid insurance?

Lots of requirements, Google is your friend.

There is still no confirmation of the Reuters report that quarantine for vaccinated visitors will be scrapped on November 1.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Other sources are confirming reduction to 7 day quarantine but not removing quarantine.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/travel-update-next-when-new-restrictions-start-date-covid-review-explained-1207690

No firm date for the next UK review of Thailand's red list status either.

Maybe never if they keep the cocktail mix up

16 hours ago, cclub75 said:

There is a big misunderstanding...

No way the quarantine will be dropped on november 1.

The "reopening" of BKK on november 1 is just a gimmick. A motto.

Meanwhile : quarantine (even though reduced), borders closed, COE, curfew (reduced by 1 hour...), no alcool, no schools.

The biggest news : the emergency decree is EXTENDED to november 30 !

Voilà the "reality".

To be extended indefinitely