Thailand to scrap quarantine for vaccinated visitors from Nov 1

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

I received the following today.

I am afraid we have no further updates. The UK is taking a phased approach to restarting international travel from other countries and is working to extend its approach to vaccinated passengers from other places

Related...Same subject..we are Not alone....No Personal Details Mentioned....FIO...From Gary..in St Lucia...Hi, I received Both my Astra Zeneca vaccinations in St Lucia while working there, my second vaccination was administered on the 4th May. I have now been Back in the UK for 4 Months and I am still Not Recognised as being Fully vaccinated even though I have my certificate from the St Lucian Ministry of Health and Wellness. Can anyone tell me when it will be Recognised, and if it will not be recognised anytime soon am I able to get additional vaccinations in the UK in order to get my NHS covid passport? I have contacted the NHS numerous times and have been to see my GP and Neither are able to give me any answers and I would love any information regarding this please. Thank you. Gary

8 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

Emergency Decree until at least Nov. 30.  No Alcohol.  Alcohol spreads Corona Virus, didn't you know that? (this is a joke in case anything thinks I am serious).   I read someone high up has a wife that doesn't like alcohol, so it's a SHE that controlling the ban?   Probably Fake News, I guess.

Phuket Governor just asked the CCSA to lift the ban on alcohol in Phuket.   Reading the laundry list of requirements made me dizzy and I finally gave up and had to lay down and put a cold compress on my forehead.  Good luck on implementing it.

George Thorogood had a song called "I drink alone".   Everyone better get used to it.

Do I sound frustrated?

You blame the women drinking here is a national epidemic and cultural way of life especially for the men. They can't do without it having get together enjoying one's company isn't enough having a glass with ice and Sangsom or Hong Thong makes one secure to having fun.  Once that happens it is all fun and games for the guys that is how the current outbreak happened put a bunch of old guys their hair dyed with money we all knows what happens?????

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2021 at 4:24 PM, Cherrytreeview said:

Then no volume of people will come.

100,000 people expected through Phuket sandbox, 6000 tourists came.

Peanuts.

As of 27th September, 37,576 international arrivals in Phuket (from 1st July).

14 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

You blame the women drinking here is a national epidemic and cultural way of life especially for the men. They can't do without it having get together enjoying one's company isn't enough having a glass with ice and Sangsom or Hong Thong makes one secure to having fun.  Once that happens it is all fun and games for the guys that is how the current outbreak happened put a bunch of old guys their hair dyed with money we all knows what happens?????

Such activities have always been related to social extensions. Naturally familial and social folks. 

Regardless of said restrictions, doesn't keep them from socializing. 

6 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

Can someone (preferably who knows something) summarise w.r.t. the headline "Thailand will scrap the quarantine for vaccinated visitors from 1st november"?

Aseannow headlines are often borderline fake news to attract views and comments. You need to dig deeper than these headlines to get the facts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

After browsing through this thread, I must say I am still very confused. Can someone (preferably who knows something) summarise w.r.t. the headline "Thailand will scrap the quarantine for vaccinated visitors from 1st november"? What exactly does it mean:

- would that only apply to a limited number of areas?

- or would that allow a fully vacced foreigner to fly into BKK and from there on fly anywhere else in Thailand?

I am not, repeat not, interested in any of the so-called sandbox options. I just want to fly in and move on to my place up country, all that without too much hassle.

I know "exactly" is asking for a lot when it is about Thailand.... ????

This is from the Thai Embassy which makes it very clear the places will be opening on 1 Nov under a 'Sandbox' program

UPDATE: Starting November 2021, there is a proposal for a Sandbox Program for Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi (Pattaya), and Hua Hin. The details and the official guidelines are yet to be announced in the coming days.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/thailand-travel-restrictions

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is still producing the vaccine, but to what end we will never know as it is all secretive.  I think that there are production issues that have never been completely resolved and thus a lower amount than what was expected is being produced.  

Hmmm, could be but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was more like 'contractual issues'.  Astra Zeneca have stated that as long as Covid 19 has Pandemic status, they will sell their vaccines on a 'not for profit' basis.  I very much doubt they would accept a licensed manufacturer doing anything different.

On 9/27/2021 at 5:28 PM, Mavideol said:

and they still want to open, if there are enough "desperated" visitors to come...... these government likes playing with people's life and well being

It is not just the 'desperate' visitors. I really need to go to Europe to get a few important things done, I have tried to go several times, but quarantine and (expensive and useless) Covid19 insurance made me decide NOT to go. It is a travesty that residents are treated like this (Thais too, of course)!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, pagallim said:

As of 27th September, 37,576 international arrivals in Phuket (from 1st July).

I am not arguing that number. But I know ONE PERSON personally who is a resident here and 'did' Phuket to avoid hotel quarantine in BKK. But like others have stated, I am pretty sure that the number of  REAL tourists (people who don't live here or have ties to Thai families) is miniscule.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

I kinda like my grey locks…

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

Aseannow headlines are often borderline fake news to attract views and comments. You need to dig deeper than these headlines to get the facts.

Thanks. That's what I'm doing, I learnt a long time ago never to trust anything about Thailand. I'm asking on this forum because it's difficult to find clear, unambiguous and reliable news when it comes to Thailand. Maybe someone sees clearly through all the smoke and can share....

1 hour ago, gejohesch said:

After browsing through this thread, I must say I am still very confused. Can someone (preferably who knows something) summarise w.r.t. the headline "Thailand will scrap the quarantine for vaccinated visitors from 1st november"? What exactly does it mean:

- or would that allow a fully vacced foreigner to fly into BKK and from there on fly anywhere else in Thailand?

I am not, repeat not, interested in any of the so-called sandbox options. I just want to fly in and move on to my place up country, all that without too much hassle.

it’s a proposal for Sandboxes in 7 provinces. So, it’s an expensive and complicated 7 day quarantine.

Yes, the headline is misleading.

13 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

Thanks. That's what I'm doing, I learnt a long time ago never to trust anything about Thailand. I'm asking on this forum because it's difficult to find clear, unambiguous and reliable news when it comes to Thailand. Maybe someone sees clearly through all the smoke and can share....

It’s a Sandbox proposal.

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

India caused a ingredients supply problem when Delta went mad, and apart from that, I would have a stab at it, maybe feuding between high so, and Chinese vaccine suppliers?? anyone got any other ideas?? 

Maybe it doesn't matter that the factory is in Thailand. The Thai government can't or daren't dictate to Astra Zeneca (or the local partner) where Astra Zeneca should deliver their products. AZ may have promised the first 100 million doses to other countries. 

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

You didn’t read what I wrote.  That isn’t what I said.  This is why I hate writing on this forum.  
  I said something like, a senior officer or deputy pm’s wife doesn’t like alcohol and she’s controlling the alcohol situation. But it’s probably fake news.  The whole thing is fake and stupid news. Isn’t it.    Have a nice alcohol and woman free night.  You are an …….   Fine person.  Good night. 

1 hour ago, gejohesch said:

Though, nothing officially has been mentioned about those in your circumstances. 

They probably haven't thought this far out yet. Or....maybe they have - just haven't announced as of yet. 

I'm gonna make a reasonable guess as to how you might proceed. You're a resident and just wanna get home. 

If this new policy holds up.....those that have a preference to travel elsewhere in the country will be ask to download a location app on your mobile device - which in return is registered with your respective home province. Depending on the province, might have to isolate for a short time or maybe nothing at all. 

Getting past the BKK BS will be a wonder during this new chaotic configuration.

Don't know if they'll be requiring those that don't wish to be apart of the first-phase selective locations to be quarantined or not - 7 days? or not at all? 

I might be in constant communication with the closest Thai Embassy/Consulate to get real updates and how all this might apply to your personal situation. 

In the last six months, I've commuted overseas twice - both times returning through BKK and the usual quarantine, etc routine. 

This back and forth travel was during the "normal" ASQ programs and policies. 

On release [each time], I was given a app download to register at my home province. No quarantine required provincially, but they still wanted to keep track of ya - even long time residents.

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

COE has not been cancelled.

There will still be lots of requirements after November 1.

By which time the golden goose will be gagging for air and turning deep purple. It'll be terminal if these deleteds don't get their act together soon.

I got through to the Thai Embassy in London and was told that 7 days is now the quarantine in Bangkok but at the moment hotel websites who are in the ASQ programme have not updated their sites to allow 7 days..  still having to pay for 14 days if wanted a letter of confirmation from it .... hmm 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

I got through to the Thai Embassy in London and was told that 7 days is now the quarantine in Bangkok but at the moment hotel websites who are in the ASQ programme have not updated their sites to allow 7 days..  still having to pay for 14 days if wanted a letter of confirmation from it .... hmm 

Talk to the embassy folks - perhaps they can mediate or fix things. 

Clearly not organised or on the same updated page. Shouldn't surprise.

Perhaps a technical glitch and will be universally updated with the new policies in a couple of days.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:33 AM, Cherrytreeview said:

They think the vast majority are people who have had to return, family, business etc. Not 2 week holiday makers.

Would you travel half way round the world to shuttered shops, restaurants and an alcohol ban?

Restaurants are not closed.  As to the rest of it, yes I would.  Next question.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Until a COE is no longer a requirement, or special insurance, or a stay in an approved hotel for 6 days, I'll be putting off my return to Thailand for my usual 2 to 6 month stay. Yes, it's good that Thailand has reduced the number of days in quarantine, but it's just not enough to tempt me back into making that longhaul flight to the land of smiles.

• Like 2