Thailand to scrap quarantine for vaccinated visitors from Nov 1

Jonathan Fairfield

22 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

We'll whinge a whole lot less if they go rid of the coup leader and the other dinos and ex convicts in the government. A more incompetent bunch is hard to imagine led by the biggest little failure in Thailand.

Agreed, but even then plenty would whinge ;D

22 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I'm presuming that all inclusive restrictions might be honoured - lifting of mandated quarantine, ridiculous COE requirements and the scam which is COVID health insurance?

I expect they're working out the pros and cons of that "nice little earner" versus having gazillions of tourists pouring into Thailand. TAT will be on it, with their magic calculator. Money is the only motivator; healthcare and social welfare don't even feature in the calculation, it's merely a facilitator to shake the money tree.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Pending Cabinet approval, Thailand will seek to buy 2.79 million doses of the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccines and 165,000 AstraZeneca shots from Spain and 400,000 AstraZeneca doses sourced from Hungary, a spokesperson said.

I've asked many times but nobody seems to know what's happened to the unmentionable Thai factory that is supposed to be producing the AZ vaccine.  Seems very strange that Thailand has a production facility and was hailed as the S.E. Asian AZ Hub but they are buying it elsewhere.  Baffled!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I've asked many times but nobody seems to know what's happened to the unmentionable Thai factory that is supposed to be producing the AZ vaccine.  Seems very strange that Thailand has a production facility and was hailed as the S.E. Asian AZ Hub but they are buying it elsewhere.  Baffled!

Your question has been answered in the appropriate topic. 

59 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

Could be realistic nov i reckon dec is a better date i think.They will get the jabs oyt to everyone open the country and businesses is a start then tourist will  come back.

There is never a better day than today to let in tested, vaccinated tourists. 

7 minutes ago, maddermax said:

But does the lifting of quarantine requirements also apply to residents returning to Thailand?

Would imagine so.. Cant see them allowing short term tourists to avoid isolation while their upright law abiding long term residents with 1 year visas,retired or other with re entry stamps, having condos or houses wives,jobs or children,pink IDs with Tabien Baans...PLUS ..Thailands revered C19 Vaccine Passport....Certified Verified and Approved by their own Ministry of Health......but...can only hope..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ukrules said:

I will believe it when it happens, I'm going to be very surprised if this doesn't change before November.

This is the way they should be doing it as COVID is already well established inside Thailand.

Having active curfews and closures in force will only discourage visitors from coming.

There is one problem, to return to Nz you cannot come in without a MIQ booking, and now you have to register for a place, and you go into a draw/ ballot system, the reason for this system is people were using algorithms to cheat the system. 

Another reason for the unavailability of rooms is because they opened the trans tasman bubble thousands went to Aussie, and now they are stranded as the MIQs are booked out for 3 months, plus. 

Then other countries will have requirements for re entry, so entering LOS might be easy, but going home might be very costly. 

Sooner or later the world will have to open, and Covid-19 allowed to run it's natural course. 

Then the truth will surface, and the people of this world may be very angry if all of this jabbing was the wrong way to go, and serious side effects surface. 

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, WHansen said:

Great news, until tomorrow when it will be reversed

Yes, it will be good IF it does come about!

But I wonder what documentation we will need to prove our vaccination history will be required -- and whether Border Control can read numerous languages (some can't even read English)? (Arabic, Greek and Cyrillic will confound 'em!)

And will we still have to have medical insurance provided by a Thai insurance company -- and special visas for us non-Thais

And I hope that due to the influx of countless thousands (millions?) for Christmas and the New Year -- and this huge demand for airline seats -- that the price of air travel will come down to pre-Covid prices (I'm a dreamer!) -- of course there will be many more flights available to choose from!

Unfortunately, I will stay put in the UK for a while -- mother-in-law won't miss me -- our return flight vouchers are extended to October 2023 -- and I don't relish paying £2,000+ for an isolation hotel on returning to the UK (I wonder if it is £2,000+ per room or for each person?)!

59 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

India caused a ingredients supply problem when Delta went mad, and apart from that, I would have a stab at it, maybe feuding between high so, and Chinese vaccine suppliers?? anyone got any other ideas?? 

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

It is still producing the vaccine, but to what end we will never know as it is all secretive.  I think that there are production issues that have never been completely resolved and thus a lower amount than what was expected is being produced.  

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, freedomnow said:

..and what if a person gets pulled by immi in Swampy for too long a history in Thailand/not enough funds to support the trip" and made to go back to their home country like they used to..straight into pricey quarantine hell back home.

Wonder if they will still do the IDC routine with people now many countries have blocked inbound from Thailand by air....THAT is an interesting one... a person could end up in IDC if they could not front up quarantine hotel costs back home.

Well, I suppose THAT is the risk this person is willing to take . All countries take into consideration how much a “ tourist” needs to spend his holidays there. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

I don't think people would come even if they could just fly in like pre-covid

a lot of tourist areas have effectively died and will take years to recover

then you have would-be tourists that are no longer able to afford the holiday

With apologies to Yogi Berra, if nobody's coming anyway why not make it easy for them?  Have just one requirement:  fully vaccinated.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, androokery said:

No. Not 6000. That's a number picked out of the air. It's all a question of counting visitors vs "real tourists". The number of the latter can be 4996. Or 25004. We don't know. But TAT was way off the actual number even if they included all types of incoming people. Maybe by 300 percent. 

555 a 300% variance is within  acceptable TAT forecast variance.. once again they nailed it.. god there good 

• Haha 1