Thailand to scrap quarantine for vaccinated visitors from Nov 1

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

You can contact the airlines all you want unless you give the clearance that everything is being removed so they have enough confidences they can put forth a regular schedule I won't be getting out my pom poms yet.  Funny no one has asked about lifting the alcohol ban or did I miss something.????

The ruling junta doesn't want to lift the alcohol ban 

• Like 1

So if true what does it mean for future tourism. Prior to 2019 7.9 billion had the choice of visiting Thailand, now they are suggesting that double vaccinated people can enter with no quarantine, 2.5 billion currently fully vaccinated. This suggests that it will take a very long time to get to the 40 million of 2019

47 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Funny no one has asked about lifting the alcohol ban or did I miss something.????

Emergency Decree until at least Nov. 30.  No Alcohol.  Alcohol spreads Corona Virus, didn't you know that? (this is a joke in case anything thinks I am serious).   I read someone high up has a wife that doesn't like alcohol, so it's a SHE that controlling the ban?   Probably Fake News, I guess.

Phuket Governor just asked the CCSA to lift the ban on alcohol in Phuket.   Reading the laundry list of requirements made me dizzy and I finally gave up and had to lay down and put a cold compress on my forehead.  Good luck on implementing it.

George Thorogood had a song called "I drink alone".   Everyone better get used to it.

Do I sound frustrated?

Edited by LivingNThailand
clarify something
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

It's as clear as mud. As usual.

Why can Thai media not report clear and precise details?

Most likely not their fault but surely the exact details where given at the meeting?

They leave it vague by intention, making it easier to walk out backwards through the back door

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paddyfield7 said:

They leave it vague by intention, making it easier to walk out backwards through the back door

In that case, it's even worse : Reuters -and others- take their desires for reality.

Quarantine is reduced -okay- from october 1. But nobody said nothing about scrapping totally quarantine on november 1.

The whole charade is a misunderstanding around the stupid slogan "reopen on november 1".

Nothing will "reopen" on november 1. It's a fake news.

Emergency decree was extended to november 30. Borders are still  closed and will remain closed (since april 3 2020 !!!!)

That's the reality.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

Somehow the logic of quarantine for "vaccinated people" escapes me. Should those people who have been vaccinated against other diseases also be quarantined?  Should anyone entering Thailand, be quarantined, since they have all been inoculated against something? I realize there are other nations also requiring quarantines and the same questions apply to them.

Excellent question. But when has anything about this pandemic been even remotely logical or proportionate. Not sure why they'd suddenly start leading with logic now.

Overall any movement in the direction of normalization is good movement, says I.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

In that case, it's even worse : Reuters -and others- take their desires for reality.

Quarantine is reduced -okay- from october 1. But nobody said nothing about scrapping totally quarantine on november 1.

The whole charade is a misunderstanding around the stupid slogan "reopen on november 1".

Nothing will "reopen" on november 1. It's a fake news.

Emergency decree was extended to november 30. Borders are still  closed and will remain closed (since april 3 2020 !!!!)

That's the reality.

It appears that no one is confirming the Reuters report, and therefore it may be misinformation. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Excellent question. But when has anything about this pandemic been even remotely logical or proportionate. Not sure why they'd suddenly start leading with logic now.

Overall any movement in the direction of normalization is good movement, says I.

Maybe everyone in Thailand that has full vaccination should quarantine. Including the PM and his staff. Its only fair

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Then no volume of people will come.

100,000 people expected through Phuket sandbox, 6000 tourists came.

Peanuts.

serious ?? was that the actual number 6000... ??? I asking seriously as Ive not seen the number but it would be another feather in the cap to TAT's forecasting ability ( or lack thereof) 

19 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Quarantine is still 7days for fully vaccinated people and it is not 1 November yet... As some have predicted that October would be worse again, it is impossible to know if this announcement will stand

Interesting to see that Thailand has capitulated on the stypes of vaccine - Sinovac and Sinopharm seem to be out?  I actully find this article confusing.  Are they saying no change to opening of drinking places, for vaccinated visitors up to 30 October quarantine 7 days, there after no quarantine?

• Like 1