Thailand to scrap quarantine for vaccinated visitors from Nov 1

Jonathan Fairfield

Not holding my breath.

As an Aussie i need to wait a few more months before i can get a leave pass from Prison island.

However no idea of what quarantine will look like on my return to Australia.

The story going around is 7 day home quarantine no matter where you are coming back from.

Hope this is only a temporary measure and down the track thats gone also.

• Thanks 1

A post containing content that was copy and pasted from some source without a supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Some off topic posts trolling about the UK PM have been removed. 

A post with a trolling image has been removed. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WHansen said:

Great news, until tomorrow when it will be reversed

If it does happen, you can bet there will be other ways to collect money from people arriving at the airport to compensate for no ASQs, that is if they don't keep ASQs going in some capacity.

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

great news !!      sadly,  some farang just have to whinge at any news.

great news !! ?? It is beyond this unelected PMs comprehension to give any "great news" unless it is for his own personal advantage. Come on Steven, get off that drink and try and see what kind of a liar he really is.

"There will be no coup".  "There will be no floods". :burp: :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

MY dough is rising now because I wanted to bake a bread this afternoon. However they just announced the the power will be cut off in 45 minutes... So probably I can forget to bake my bread. They did not yesterday? They could not arrange it a day before?? They are doing the same with quarantine and opening the country... They have no vision , no idea and change when they want. But as a tourist you make plans and by changing all the time tourists don't plan to come anymore. They will find a destination where they are sure they can go.

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

they may lift the three points he mentioned,  I just don't know if they would take the Covid health insurance off the table ..... but hey !   lets hope some common sense prevails and they do get rid of all the requirements.

as you mentioned,  folks won't come if they don't.

The unelected PM and common sense???? Maybe you will sober up and see your hero as he really is Steven.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alyx said:

As much as I hate this "insurance" thing, it does make sense as a few of us have put some burden on the health system (not only in Thailand). What bothers me is that they insist on having "their" recognised insurance and will not take in account that the majority of the travellers already hold an insurance forcing them to buy into a new one

It makes a lot of sense from a logistics perspective. How are the immigration officials supposed to keep track of the individual rules of thousands of different insurance policies? Do we really want to wait in line while they read the small print of all the conditions for each and every traveller?

20 hours ago, rbkk said:

The 'right hand' will be along shortly. Oh, here he is, just two stories down....

"The restrictions on people travelling to Phi Phi Island have been extended until further notice as a precaution following more construction workers there being confirmed as infected."

"The 'right hand' will be along shortly."  Do you mean the other Chuckle Brother? :cheesy:

19 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Arrivals from outside Thailand get tested.  Not talking about locals.  I agree, covid is probably everywhere, so pointless putting them in quarantine.

they need to show proof of vaccination.  do you want to sit in plane for 12hrs. with people who may be unvaccinated regardless is they test negative.  airlines need to get on board with a digital passport.  you can carry the virus and still test negative.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, monty1412 said:

serious ?? was that the actual number 6000... ??? I asking seriously as Ive not seen the number but it would be another feather in the cap to TAT's forecasting ability ( or lack thereof) 

No. Not 6000. That's a number picked out of the air. It's all a question of counting visitors vs "real tourists". The number of the latter can be 4996. Or 25004. We don't know. But TAT was way off the actual number even if they included all types of incoming people. Maybe by 300 percent. 

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Perfect scenario by Christmas:

1. Abolishment of quarantine, COE, insurance and other silly things. 

2. Current governmental debacle and international embarrassment hung, drawn and quartered. 

3. Thanathorn party in whatever incarnation running the show. 

We can only dream.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

It will also further ease restrictions from Friday in 29 "dark red" provinces under maximum control, including Bangkok, to allow more businesses and activities to reopen, such as spas, libraries, cinemas, indoor sports venues and nail salons.

Including live bands in restaurants, who can have up to 3 members. Poor old Jimmy who can only play the tambourine! 

21 hours ago, CLW said:

Too early to rejoice. 

Wait for the details and small print. 

Also no name or source given in the article. 

I believe there will be still some kind of quarantine or minimum stay...

Not to mention the COE or insurance requirements.

Tourists want to arrive with their passports at immigration and get a stamp as in pre-Covid times.

If not, the masses will choose alternatives countries.

The masses : if they have not chosen another destination! Lots of people do not wait until the last moment to make bookings. So many other places to go to without too much hassle, with seas and sun and booze etc.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

That sounds strange at least.

Why should fully vaccinated people from Europe spend a week in quarantine? 

That's nonsense.

However, it would be discriminating, if this would be only for mainly expected Chinese.

Behind the curtains I suppose even Prayut has to admit that Chinese vaccines are <deleted>.

This is why he does everything to get recommended stuff from Biontech or Moderna and imported Astra.

I'm afraid tourists might enjoy time in Dubai or Greece or other convenient countries with efficient health management. ????

• Like 1