Electrolyte powder

cyril sneer

15 minutes ago, tonray said:

Truthfully unless you are running marathons every workout...or losing a kilogram of water thru perspiration...nothing more needed than water or maybe coconut water slightly better. Just eat a banana and some salty snacks later that day and you're good for electrolytes

I'm taking kratom too which is quite dehydrating (also what's started me exercising again)

• Like 1

In a jar place about 1/3 pink Himalayan salt and fill with water. Leave over night to let it dissolve to sea level concentration. Then each day take and take 1 x teaspoon in a glass of water. 84 minerales in Himalayan salt. Check it out on YouTube.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

Currently taking the 7/11 stuff called Royal-D before a daily workout 

I have been taking D-light for some time now, 200 baht for a pack of 100, one in the morning and one in the evening after I finish my 10-20km bike ride, depending on how energetic I am feeling, whatever sugar is in it, I am sure I have burnt it off.

I also put Himalayan salt with my evening meal and also take a one magnesium tablet per day around midday, all assist in me not cramping up, as for the weight, she is steady as we go, as long as I keep up the bike rides.

15 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have been taking D-light for some time now, 200 baht for a pack of 100, one in the morning and one in the evening after I finish my 10-20km bike ride, depending on how energetic I am feeling, whatever sugar is in it, I am sure I have burnt it off.

I also put Himalayan salt with my evening meal and also take a one magnesium tablet per day around midday, all assist in me not cramping up, as for the weight, she is steady as we go, as long as I keep up the bike rides.

where can you buy d-light?

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sure they are packs of 100? usually packs are 25 or 50, i use Dechamp 50 for 200 baht

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Tastes full of sugar and the packet hides the calories, are their any more healthy alternatives?

Could try M-SPORT sport drink in 7-11 drinks fridge. - bitter lemon version is OK - has sugar in it for sure, but maybe less. I have found it very effective in quenching thirst unquenchable by water which i assume is due to electrolyte imbalance from sweating.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 2

From memory there are two types of electrolyte power. Ie. Dechamp/StronK etc.

One the sugary type from 7- Eleven and the medicinal type from the pharmacy. 

The sugary type for exercise hence the sugar and the pharmacy based ones don't have any or as much sugar they are for dehydration.

Prior to running I drink the sugary type which one depends on which one I am given. Pour the contents into a 600ml water bottle.

Given my druthers I prefer 100-Plus.

Edited by VocalNeal

The electrolytes i buy are similar in ingredients says the pharmacist, only the flavour varies much. 7 Eleven or pharmacy are the same just different makes. There are different types if sick or children, I've never looked at what the difference is.

Below is the ingredients for Dechamp, in typical thai style it's very unclear

IMG_20210928_123750.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

29 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

this is another thing i'm after, any trusted brands within thailand?

I can't think of the Himalayan pink salt we use, wife has already emptied it into the salt shaker, but we get it from Makro, comes in a small glass jar, have also seen it at VillaMart in plastic type bags.

As for the magnesium, I get Blackmores Bio-Magnesium 50 tablets from our local non franchised chemist for 220 baht, which is cheaper than online.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 12:14 PM, cyril sneer said:

this is another thing i'm after, any trusted brands within thailand?

Himalayan salt is a scam, it contains so little of other nutrients that it hardly makes a difference.Overnight? For goodness sake, why?

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 8:03 AM, tonray said:

Truthfully unless you are running marathons every workout...or losing a kilogram of water thru perspiration...nothing more needed than water or maybe coconut water slightly better. Just eat a banana and some salty snacks later that day and you're good for electrolytes

Not really..... I play football and usually drink about 2 litres throughout a game (90mins) - I use D-Champ, which probably contains sugar as it tastes fairly sweet. 

The different between taking D-Champ and not is night and day. 

Without - Feeling more drained, easier to cramp up, slower recovery, more muscle aches the next day - a feeling that thirst cannot be quenched. 

With - more energy, no cramping, feel better then ext day (than without), thirst is quenched. 

I wouldn’t want to play without any electrolyte - Yes, the potassium in a banana can help with cramps etc but its not really enough, the electrolyte powers / solutions are just a lot better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

nothing more needed than water or maybe coconut water slightly better. Just eat a banana and some salty snacks later that day and you're good for electrolytes

Not really, I have had thirsts that are unquenchable with water which I assume are from electrolyte imbalance from sweating or salt intake eg in cheese. Mild cases are fixed with coconut water, grapefruit juice (which my body will crave), other times its 2 bottles of M Sport needed.

You lose Potassium from sweat and replace it in the right ratio with salt with things that contain isotonic levels of Sodium, but if you have artificial salt intake you are getting far too much salt relative to potassium. The kidneys handle this, but extracellular water storage and your body needing Potassium intake are also a result.

17 hours ago, mokwit said:
18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

nothing more needed than water or maybe coconut water slightly better. Just eat a banana and some salty snacks later that day and you're good for electrolytes

Not really, I have had thirsts that are unquenchable with water which I assume are from electrolyte imbalance from sweating or salt intake eg in cheese. Mild cases are fixed with coconut water, grapefruit juice (which my body will crave), other times its 2 bottles of M Sport needed.

You lose Potassium from sweat and replace it in the right ratio with salt with things that contain isotonic levels of Sodium, but if you have artificial salt intake you are getting far too much salt relative to potassium. The kidneys handle this, but extracellular water storage and your body needing Potassium intake are also a result.

Please learn to quote the correct person... ????