How to Transfer Thai Visas (NON-O) from Old passport to New passport

Hello guys

I have recently got my passport renewed, so I have a new passport now.
I also have a letter from my embassy which should facilitate stuff at the immigration. 

So I'd like to transfer my thai Visas (NON-O) from an Old passport to my New passport

[Questions]
1.  I am currently in Rayong city, can I just go to any thai immigration?
2.  Any other requirements other than my 2 passports (old & new one)  and embassy letter?
3.  Would I be able to get that done in just few hours? 
4.  Any fee?

Thanks guys in advance, you're always helpful

Matteo

Edited by matteo73
title clarity

This was mine in my local immi office.

Have been to transfer my extension stamp to my new passport at my Immigration office. 

Took copies of old and new passport , last Entry , last Extension and my TM6 .

Filled in the embassy letter and filled in the Transfer stamp to new passport.

In and out in 20 mins. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sjoegge said:

I did my transfer yesterday at Chaengwattana, they also wanted a 1-year bank statement.I am not sure, if this is something new.

Once again , Immigration officers making their own rules up . 

To be honest I was pleasantly surprised how easy mine went.

Edited by NE1

9 minutes ago, sjoegge said:

I did my transfer yesterday at Chaengwattana, they also wanted a 1-year bank statement.I am not sure, if this is something new.

That doesn't make much sense. Was that possibly an extension obtained at another immigration office ?

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What do you mean? Last 12 month of bank book page photocopy?

Can't imagine what for.

CW wanted 1 year bank details for my married extension a couple of weeks ago.

I know the official rule doesn't ask for it.

PS.

I've never had a 'visa' transferred to a new passport in the past 20 years. Only extensions are transferred.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Visas are not transferred.

In the first blank page of new pp the information about the visa is noted. Type of visa etc.

For stamps like reentry permits the stamp is transfered, looks exactly same as stamp from previous pp.

Yes.

Re 'visas'.  You just carry old and new passports until the 'visa' expires (in old passport).

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Yes.

Re 'visas'.  You just carry old and new passports until the 'visa' expires (in old passport).

You don't need to carry old passport if indeed you have immigration do the notation on new pp relating to original visa (as I outlined previously)

Indeed if you do nothing regarding new pp, then yes you can travel including internationally and just carry both passports. 

Would also be required at banks etc.

Personally I did that for over 6 months and was exit Thailand every 2 weeks. No issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sjoegge said:

I plan to do this soon. Were you able to get a 1 yr bank statement the same day? Never heard of CW Imm wanting a statement longer than 6 months for anything before, let alone a 'simple' stamp transfer.

35 minutes ago, Harkouk said:

I plan to do this soon. Were you able to get a 1 yr bank statement the same day? Never heard of CW Imm wanting a statement longer than 6 months for anything before, let alone a 'simple' stamp transfer.

All depends on the person on the day.

Problem being once they've asked it's almost impossible for them to 'un-ask', if you know what I mean.

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

You just carry old and new passports until the 'visa' expires (in old passport).

But, of course, you'll still have to transfer the stamps to your new passport before you do your next extension renewal. You can do this same day as you do your renewal, as some on this forum have reported. Certainly saves you a trip to Imm -- and maybe a single one year bank letter will cover both events.... Just plan for a longer day.

Oh, Chiang Mai is one of those IO's that requires copies of all passport pages with visas or Thai stamps, as I recently found out.

31 minutes ago, JimGant said:

But, of course, you'll still have to transfer the stamps to your new passport before you do your next extension renewal. You can do this same day as you do your renewal, as some on this forum have reported. Certainly saves you a trip to Imm -- and maybe a single one year bank letter will cover both events.... Just plan for a longer day.

Oh, Chiang Mai is one of those IO's that requires copies of all passport pages with visas or Thai stamps, as I recently found out.

The extension of stay is the only thing you transfer.

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Visas are not transferred.

In the first blank page of new pp the information about the visa is noted. Type of visa etc.

For stamps like reentry permits the stamp is transfered, looks exactly same as stamp from previous pp.

In my new passport in 2016 my Non OA visa obtained in Penang in 2005 was transferred with no issues at Chiang Mai Immigration as it was in 2006 and I still have it, having used it for my current extension in 2021

Am I talking about something different?

4 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

In my new passport in 2016 my Non OA visa obtained in Penang in 2005 was transferred with no issues at Chiang Mai Immigration as it was in 2006 and I still have it, having used it for my current extension in 2021

Your Non-OA visa expired long ago. You have been applying for extensions of stay (it is not a visa) at immgiration and those can be transferred to a new passport. A visa is issued by a embassy or consulate cannot be transferred.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Am I talking about something different?

PS I just checked my passport and the stamp referring to my OA visa from Penang in 2005 is in the form of a very small official box with the mention of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harkouk said:

Let me clarify.I use the money in account method for retirement extension, so I just took photocopies of the last years movement in the account, this was accepted.

I did not go to the bank for complete bank statement.

1 minute ago, sjoegge said:

Let me clarify.I use the money in account method for retirement extension, so I just took photocopies of the last years movement in the account, this was accepted.

further to above, you need to show your bank book, so pls bring it.

29 minutes ago, sjoegge said:

I am on a Non-O based on marriage, maybe the need to show a bank statement is for Non-O's based on retirement only? I will certainly take my bankbook with me just in case. 

Would note that when I transferred stamps [essentially retirement extension and re-entry permit....although they first include a box indicating information regarding your Non-O (or Non-OA) from which extensions were initially granted], CM Immigration wanted a photocopy of every single page of my old passport which had any stamp at all on it (including stamps from Vietnam, Cambodia, and Burma in my case).  To be on the safe side, have a complete copy of every page (except blank pages) of your old passport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CMBob said:

Would note that when I transferred stamps [essentially retirement extension and re-entry permit....although they first include a box indicating information regarding your Non-O (or Non-OA) from which extensions were initially granted], CM Immigration wanted a photocopy of every single page of my old passport which had any stamp at all on it (including stamps from Vietnam, Cambodia, and Burma in my case).  To be on the safe side, have a complete copy of every page (except blank pages) of your old passport.

Believe it or not they wanted every page, including unused, and two copies.