what hospitals to watch for vaccines?

Hal65

4 hours ago, champers said:

You could try Pattaya City Hospital. They have been taking appointments and jabbing in pretty quick order. Sinovac first, AZ 3 weeks later. Good luck.

Pattaya City is the Government hospital, might be difficult for foreigners without Thai help. Memorial is at the end of Bhuakao and would therefore match the OPs distance requirements

But the BHP ones are usually for "registered" patients of BHP and by "invitation" aren't they ? Not for just anyone to walk in and get a free jab.

Some Thai friends have gotten jabbed at the Pattaya City hospital. Not sure if they take foreigners. Not sure if they have anything other than Sino either.

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

But the BHP ones are usually for "registered" patients of BHP and by "invitation" aren't they ? Not for just anyone to walk in and get a free jab.

There have been some advertised as walk in... usually specifying registration for the first hour. IIRC only restrictions being foreign and not having received jabs before. I got an impression of using up leftover supplies from the prior efforts, vaccinating older Expats. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Pattaya City is the Government hospital, might be difficult for foreigners without Thai help. Memorial is at the end of Bhuakao and would therefore match the OPs distance requirements

Forget Memorial. Still waiting 6mths after 'registering' with them despite attending them every 4mths for hypertension tests. 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There have been some advertised as walk in... usually specifying registration for the first hour. IIRC only restrictions being foreign and not having received jabs before. I got an impression of using up leftover supplies from the prior efforts, vaccinating older Expats. 

By prior registration only- have to wait for that to open- currently closed- monitor Thai Intervac

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

By prior registration only- have to wait for that to open- currently closed- monitor Thai Intervac

Aside from the ordinary "prior registration" workflow (I got my AZ this way) BHP announces walk-in vaccinations sporadically. One have to monitor their Facebook feed for these announcements - they are made less than a day before the event starts. There recently was a 500 Pfizer doses walk-in vaccination (much more than 1000 people showed up), followed by two days of AZ (500 doses a day). Protip: don't get caught by "Registration for queue number starts at [some time]AM" in the announcement ant get there 2 hours earlier - you will at least beat the people who got there only an hour earlier :)

And yes, their vaccination facility is currently on the 6th floor of the Central Festival so OP shouldn't get any problems getting there from Buakhao.

Edited by GaryPustynskiy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

There was walk-in available at Central Festival Mall yesterday and day before. Also see post above mine!

Edited by jacko45k

10 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

if you wait long enough they'll no doubt come to your room to save you any effort.

I am sure, from the attitude of some posts I've seen on the forum over the last couple of months, that that is exactly what some people are want/expect.

Personalized delivery of the vaccine of their choice, at a date/time of their choosing, (without having to show their passport), administered by their choice of sexy young man/woman.

But tell those same people that a bar somewhere in the city has balloons around the entrance and they'll be lined up for the free food an hour before it opens.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Denim said:

Looks like the only way I can get Pfizer it to make the 10 hour round trip drive in the old jalopy. Heard nothing yet from ex pat vac for anything local.

Are you a younger person or not in the Pattaya area? Certainly plenty of opportunity offered by BHP.

All the BHP vax's are for people who haven't received any other vaccination before. (Of course, you could always say you've never received one before, especially if it wasn't at BHP. There's really no way for them to  know.)

I have Thai friends who've already gotten a 3rd shot (the "booster"), Seems the recipe is 2 x Sino and then 1 x AZ.

I'm still waiting for BHP to give me a 2nd AZ shot. Haven't heard from KSBR about the Moderna shots they were (supposedly) going to have in October.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Are you a younger person or not in the Pattaya area? Certainly plenty of opportunity offered by BHP.

64 years old and a 5 hour drive away from BHP although I am a previous in patient of theirs.

If it were just the single 10 hour return drive followed by compulsory isolation on return I would probably do it but twice is just one too many.

Just now, Kerryd said:

Haven't heard from KSBR about the Moderna shots they were (supposedly) going to have in October.

If you haven't heard yet it probably means you missed the first cut as happened to me at the hospital I registered with ( Petcharat ).  Next batch at that hospital will be between April and September next year unless something changes.

My wife and sister-in-law both just walked in to Pattaya city Hospital and stood in line to get an appointment.  Wife got her first shot that day my sister-in-law the next day they both have appointments for their second shots in three weeks.  First Sinovic second Astra Zenica.  They are both Thai's  and have been on a waiting list for the Monona vaccine for over three months--prepaid 3300 Baht each.  We applied  one in the hand is worth two in the bush and will lose the 3300 Baht each but at least now they are now vaccinated.  Problem solved.