Pfizer vaccine for Thai nationals?

Fortean1

My gf had booked and paid for modern for her and 5 others in her family. Was supposed to be getting first shot October 1rth. Was told last week that shipments of modern are delayed until sometime Jan to May next year. If she wants to even have the possibility of travelling, she will have to get sinopharm now and look at modern boosters later. Why foreigners have been able to get Pfizer for free ahead of Thai nationals is beyond me. 

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

My gf had booked and paid for modern for her and 5 others in her family. Was supposed to be getting first shot October 1rth. Was told last week that shipments of modern are delayed until sometime Jan to May next year. If she wants to even have the possibility of travelling, she will have to get sinopharm now and look at modern boosters later. Why foreigners have been able to get Pfizer for free ahead of Thai nationals is beyond me. 

Why does race come into it? Medical conditions yes, race no.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gejohesch said:

Someone told me the Bangkok hospital in Khon Kaen offers Moderna for 2500 bahts per shot (as of yesterday, a Thai person told me). That would make a hefty cost of 5000 bahts for the 2 shots required. Is that true?

Sister in law signed up and she told me that it was 3,300 bht for both shots. she was also told  since she is in the first group she should be getting it soon. From the look of this article it does not look to me  like its going to happen soon.

30 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

My wife was told in Sukhothai the Pfizer is only for falangies.

The vaccines are useless, doesnt matter which..here in the uk i know of 5 people past 2 weeks fully vaxxed all in hospital covid, 1 dead...now theyre pushing boosters, its not even 8 months fully vaxxed for some and on a third dose lmao.......youve been had...listen to you pharma sales rep gov leaders and keep taking the shots though l

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pjeffries said:

The vaccines are useless, doesnt matter which..here in the uk i know of 5 people past 2 weeks fully vaxxed all in hospital covid, 1 dead...now theyre pushing boosters, its not even 8 months fully vaxxed for some and on a third dose lmao.......youve been had...listen to you pharma sales rep gov leaders and keep taking the shots though l

That's goes all against Scientists and Doctors and NHS Staff in the field.

You would have to report on the condition of of every case of the people you know especially the one who died. 

My daughter is a Paramedic Emergency Ambulance driver and she and her colleges are fed up with going to pick up people who haven't been vaccinated and have ended up getting covid. 

One of my sons in UK had both jabs and got covid and felt bad but not hospitalize.

5 days or so he was fine. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

Why foreigners have been able to get Pfizer for free ahead of Thai nationals is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, rbkk said:

Why does race come into it? Medical conditions yes, race no.

41 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Yes, exactly my point. 

Now I'm confused. You said it was '..beyond me/you'  that foreigners were in front of Thai's and I said probably because of their health that they were called up as a priority. So, can you see that some foreigners have a legitimate right to be in front of some Thai's, due to their health?

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Another ANF scientist amazing. ????????

Apparently there's different tiers of approvals....The US FDA is tier 1 and accepted world wide....

China's approval is on a tier 3 rated system & is not recognized internationally....

Some countries that have ordered/accepted an offer from China have either cancelled or refused to use it....

Heart inflammation rates higher after Moderna COVID-19 vaccine - Canada data

https://www.yahoo.com/news/heart-inflammation-rates-higher-moderna-222217383.html

FDA advisers to review COVID-19 shots for young kids, boosters this month

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fda-advisory-panel-discuss-j-183231672.html

AstraZeneca vaccine shows 74% efficacy in large U.S.-backed trial, and BioNTech co-founder says COVID will become manageable

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/eb10f972-438a-3477-adc5-03aba0234ac7/astrazeneca-vaccine-shows-74-.html

I have got 2 Sinopharm and its almost a copy of Sinovac - based on inactivated virus.  And have very week results in studies. But no talking about that this vax must booster. Maybe because its imported of the "royal" academy Chulalongkorn - Dont oppisite that royal..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Apparently there's different tiers of approvals....The US FDA is tier 1 and accepted world wide....

China's approval is on a tier 3 rated system & is not recognized internationally....

Some countries that have ordered/accepted an offer from China have either cancelled or refused to use it....

As usual USA number 1 and I believe Sinovac was ordered in the beginning Brazil for example because it was produced in great quantities fast nothing else was available and then all the western vaccines started coming out in greater numbers Oh!!  It's rubbish, typical. ????

It's W. H. O.  approved.

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

News and news and more news. 

sinovac has been approved by WHO. 

The thing is with threads like this ANF members know more than Scientists and doctors.????????????

For me it's not a matter of knowing more than WHO. It's pretty clear that WHO reports to Beijing.

It's simply a matter of knowing Chinese goods. I buy a lot of Chinese garbage here because I have no choice, but I draw the line at their vaccines.

Why do you suppose China is working on an mRNA vaccine? Just scientific curiosity?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

For me it's not a matter of knowing more than WHO. It's pretty clear that WHO reports to Beijing.

It's simply a matter of knowing Chinese goods. I buy a lot of Chinese garbage here because I have no choice, but I draw the line at their vaccines.

Why do you suppose China is working on an mRNA vaccine? Just scientific curiosity?

Why are they working on mRNA vaccine because it's different to the one they produced to protect their population quicker than anyone else,  is that an OK answer for another criticizer of the Chinese people. 

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Why are they working on mRNA vaccine because it's different to the one they produced to protect their population quicker than anyone else,  is that an OK answer for another criticizer of the Chinese people. 

No.

Chinese people are not in charge of their own country. The CCP is. Don't try to play that card.

Is that an OK answer for another Chinese apologist?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

No.

Chinese people are not in charge of their own country. The CCP is. Don't try to play that card.

Is that an OK answer for another Chinese apologist?

Typical I rest my case. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rbkk said:

Now I'm confused. You said it was '..beyond me/you'  that foreigners were in front of Thai's and I said probably because of their health that they were called up as a priority. So, can you see that some foreigners have a legitimate right to be in front of some Thai's, due to their health?

It has nothing to do with what you are saying. Free Pfizer should not be limited to foreigners. They should be getting free sinovac / sinopharm like everyone else. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

It has nothing to do with what you are saying. Free Pfizer should not be limited to foreigners. They should be getting free sinovac / sinopharm like everyone else. 

It's not. Where did you get that idea from?

57 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

A report of Pfizer given to 2,300 Pattaya based Thais is in this press report from August.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/17/2300-banglamung-and-pattaya-residents-get-first-dose-of-a-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine/

Likely to be other instances, but maybe only reported in local Thai press.. But, clearly, not just limited to foreigners. However, not widely available by all accounts.

Edited by dabhand
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

Sister in law signed up and she told me that it was 3,300 bht for both shots. she was also told  since she is in the first group she should be getting it soon. From the look of this article it does not look to me  like its going to happen soon.

Ah, 3300 for the 2 shots, that sounds a lot better than 5000! Still rather expensive considering it's free in many countries. But obviously scarce resources fetch higher prices ..... plus giving an opportunity to some to line up their pockets! Just a suspicion...

5 hours ago, arithai12 said:

No special sympathy from me for China in areas such as human rights. However claiming as you do that you know Chinese goods and they are garbage is simply ignorant. In all technological areas they are very advanced, when they want. They have a space station, they went to the Moon, they don't crash their probes on Mars because of feet and pounds, they have phones like Huawei that put to shame Apple and Samsung (hence the ban by the US), they know their science be assured.  Of course if you buy super cheap stuff, you get what you pay for.

About your last question, so why does the US have several vaccines, does it mean that most of them are not good?

Coming to Sinovac, I agree that standalone it is less efficient than others. However, it is still much better than nothing. In fact, if you care to read scientific results instead of social media experts, you will find that Sin+AZ is comparable to others. Wait, you don't need to read any papers, just watch how the infection and death figures are falling since the gov't introduced this mix. Unless you believe that the figures are all fake, of course.

The main drawback with Sin+AZ is that, until now, it is not officially recognized abroad and people who intend to travel might indeed be justified in seeking alternatives.

Thank-you for a sensible post. 

10 out of 10. ????

15 hours ago, rbkk said:

It's not. Where did you get that idea from?

I get it from the fact that any foreigner could walk down to wherever they were dishing them out and get them for free - whilst Thai people could not. Some in these forums boasting about it and contemplating whether they should bother or not. Even wondering where they can get their 3rd shot “booster”. 

as someone else posted - there were 2,300 Thais  (first I’ve heard of it) able to get Pfizer.. only a few more to go. 

25 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

I get it from the fact that any foreigner could walk down to wherever they were dishing them out and get them for free - whilst Thai people could not. Some in these forums boasting about it and contemplating whether they should bother or not. Even wondering where they can get their 3rd shot “booster”. 

as someone else posted - there were 2,300 Thais  (first I’ve heard of it) able to get Pfizer.. only a few more to go. 

Anutin's policy (Racist) of "Thai's First" must have passed you by. If a foreigner was getting Pfizer it's because of their age, health status or 'red-zone' location that warrants it. Some provinces received an allocation (Pfizer), some didn't. The post-code lottery if you like.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, arithai12 said:

No special sympathy from me for China in areas such as human rights. However claiming as you do that you know Chinese goods and they are garbage is simply ignorant. In all technological areas they are very advanced, when they want. They have a space station, they went to the Moon, they don't crash their probes on Mars because of feet and pounds, they have phones like Huawei that put to shame Apple and Samsung (hence the ban by the US), they know their science be assured.  Of course if you buy super cheap stuff, you get what you pay for.

About your last question, so why does the US have several vaccines, does it mean that most of them are not good?

Coming to Sinovac, I agree that standalone it is less efficient than others. However, it is still much better than nothing. In fact, if you care to read scientific results instead of social media experts, you will find that Sin+AZ is comparable to others. Wait, you don't need to read any papers, just watch how the infection and death figures are falling since the gov't introduced this mix. Unless you believe that the figures are all fake, of course.

The main drawback with Sin+AZ is that, until now, it is not officially recognized abroad and people who intend to travel might indeed be justified in seeking alternatives.

China can make quality products. The problem is knowing which ones those are before the buy. The second problem is that expensive products are generally less available here because Thai people can't afford them, thus cheap Chinese junk everywhere.

China knows some science, but for the most part they steal it. Should I assume that you don't believe their phones and other tech is stealing and transferring your data? If you do, then do you maintain that is still a superior product that you, or anyone else, should purchase ?

As for the vaccine you know that they chose vaccine classical tech over more recent tech because they wanted a cheap vaccine that they could flood the world with as vaccine diplomacy OR they simply hadn't found a way to steal the tech yet. So you endorse buying a leaky sinovac boat and then patching the holes with AZ (not a Chinese product) to make it usable? Nonsense. 

Should I further assume that you view the entire world to be as ignorant as I am because they don't consider sinovac with or without AZ a viable form of protection? Why do you think that's so? They have access to the same data you have. BTW, eschew all social media completely except for these forums; they are all cesspools of misinformation, much of which originates with the CCP.

The bottom line is a product that appears to work or works poorly right out of the box and then fails in days or weeks is what I consider junk. China makes tons of products that fit that description and their vaccine is one of them. The Chinese government itself admits that it's not effective compared to others. So what do they do? Give sinovac boosters; that's not working well for them is it? They are trying to steal mRNA tech before another wave or variant gobbles their country. They care about their people only to the extent that it threatens their power and control.

At the end of the day I despise the CCP regime and all it stands for and do all I can to avoid supporting it. I pity Chinese people and the misinformation they are fed and their surrender to state control in every phase of their lives. They have less influence on their leaders than a rice farmer in Issan has on Prayut. Even Prayut cannot execute people on a whim as the CCP can.

On these forums I've consistently said that I would wait for a REAL vaccine and until that time I would self-quarantine. Well, I did just that and completed my second Pfizer jab on Wednesday. So for me sinovac was NOT better than nothing.

I maintain my stance on all these issues.