The Infectious Nature of Misinformaton

Chomper Higgot

arguments here about whose media is best descend quickly into tiresome gutter “ad hominem” attacks and, I suggest, require replacing with evidenced reasoned cases for Big Ideas to solve Real Problems like Poverty, Hunger, Disease, Crime, Education, Politics, etc.  Remember when those used to be Big before Identity Politics, Celebrities and “Media”took over ? 

Mis / Dis Information is easily avoided by rational vigilant minds going to Source Data & Accessing Finest Commentators/ Philosophers rather than profit- orientated / political- based/ small- minded/ biased Entertainment “Media”. The Impartiality rule is Important but near Impossible to sustain now. Next step down criteria for todays media then is Balanced & Factual. 

Look, I am a liberal conservative ( as originally defined) but freely and rationally accept the case that NY Times is old school gold standard reporting (not entertainment) and far superior to Fox or Sky, which in turn are worse than CNN.

Have been persuaded so only by the evidence produced here. BBC are much improved off late, perhaps looking to NY Times ? Actually now turn the sound on for CNN, at least a “decent” media outlet (Wiki / CNN Controversies, quite few & mild). 

Wondering though how many of you NY Times fans can also equally now accept that even Fox & Sky sometimes make legit points & are not always all wrong ? None, right ? as already evidenced here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Meanwhile in the real world, it is the rightwing denying science, peddling horse medicines and before that bleach/powerful lights together with any number of other crackpot ‘cures’.

But you are entirely correct ‘unenlightened and outright propagandists/ ideologues peddling their nonsense for profit and fame’.

There is no equivalence here, COVID denial, ‘it’s just a flu’, ‘it’ll be gone by Easter’, ‘the old are willing to take the risk for the economy’, ‘microchips in the vaccine’, ‘they’re trying to control you’, ‘masks are an attack on freedom’, ‘mandates are un-American’, ‘public health measures are creeping communism’, 

All examples of misinformation from the political right wing, all examples of ‘Conservative thinking’ and all part of the misinformation that is driving conservatives to refuse vaccination with predictable tragic outcome.

Conservatism has lost it's way. I use to identify as a conservative. No more! Too many nutters are claiming this label.

A great audio book.

https://www.amazon.com/Corrosion-Conservatism-Why-Left-Right/dp/1631495674

The Corrosion of Conservatism: Why I Left the Right

• Like 1

Fully Agreed Chomper. Spot On. BUT those loons are Fascists not Conservatives.Important Distinction.

Right & Left Extremes are Both Absolutist Totalitarian. 

Stalin - Hitler- Mao- Pol Pot - Franco- Galtieri, Amin, etc. were substantially of like deranged mind. Fortunately QAon & Antifa crude loons will always be fringe with no chance of even local govt. power.

However, Left in Power does allows itself to be infiltrated & controlled by Marxists and clearly has Minorities in high office NOT based on merit. Right in Power rejects Fascists and includes on merit Minorities in high office.

learn to read & process statements.learn to debate. no false statement from my side.asked a straight question. also learn not to obviously & ironically falsely accuse people. there is no difference between the two words. your choice is not in common usage. mine is. you also fail to properly respond to my rebuttal. then repeat original lie.learn from the beating here.unless you want to present again as a typical programmed leftie troll.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

learn to read & process statements.learn to debate. no false statement from my side.asked a straight question. also learn not to obviously & ironically falsely accuse people. there is no difference between the two words. your choice is not in common usage. mine is. you also fail to properly respond to my rebuttal. then repeat original lie.learn from the beating here.unless you want to present again as a typical programmed leftie troll.

Drivel.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So people aren’t buying and ingesting a horse de-wormer?

Hospitals are not treating people who have imbibed a horse de-wormer?

per postings by patient's families on H. Cain Awards, families are demanding ivermectin for their hospitalized family members.

Hospitals refuse of course, enraging some.

Also, was a post from a horse owner who couldn't get Ivermectin for one of his horses cuz was sold out at feed store. He blamed horse's death on inability to treat with Ivermectin.

No way to quantify from this source as selection is completely unsystematic.

Sorry, can't break my addiction to this source of "information?".

Edited by cdemundo
anecdote about horse
  • Haha 1