Udon police arrest Swiss expat who killed armed intruder at his home

webfact

2 minutes ago, pegman said:

Not easy to take a gun from someone without getting shot. Wouldn't surprise me if Swiss was waiting for the guy to drop off his wife. It could have happened on other occasions. This time he was waiting with his firearm. Tied the guy up and over did it slapping him around. Told wifey to go along with the story or the gravy train ends. The thing that made me suspicious was him being up making coffee.

Actually a gun in a short distance fight is of not much help. A gun is only good if you stay away a few meters.
And then the second part is only because you have a gun not mean you can handle the gun. There are so many person who know how to shot, but never tried to shot a moving target.

This not that easy as many thinks. I was in a shooting simulator in the army, and you have to learn how to shoot moving objects.
I not even sure about the majority of Americans if they know how to shoot moving targets. Shoot a coke can or a bootle is much much easier!

26 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And how do you KNOW that they are not facts? Were you there. Did you know the Swiss guy?

If it becomes a choice between the Swiss guy who was there and you who wasn't there, I certainly wouldn't believe you.

None of those comments are logical, but I have come to expect that on here. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, tonray said:

yeah...halfway thru the post it gets a little more interesting...

Defintely. Maybe the intruder was supposed to shoot the husband, bereaved wife runs of into the sunset with Khun Somchai a bag of cash

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, connda said:

If defending yourself against deadly force is a crime - yeah.  No foreigner in their right minds should ever come here.  Because your choice in that situation is do nothing and die or suffer grievous bodily harm - or - defend yourself and go to jail.

No Castle Doctrine in Thailand? Well -- then it is now Open Season for armed, home invasion of any and all foreigners residing in Thailand.  Let that sink in.

Just curious do they accept self defense that easy in the US without investigation and charging someone until its cleared up. 

I understand self defense but don't you first need to check if it really was self defense ? I mean anyone claiming it should be investigated and cleared or charged. Letting someone go without investigation does that happen in the US ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Defintely. Maybe the intruder was supposed to shoot the husband, bereaved wife runs of into the sunset with Khun Somchai a bag of cash

Wife already have all farang's money + house, so why she want to go any place whit low life Thai man!? She can have lover if she want, man let her go to have party whit friend so she can do what ever she want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

what ?

The Thai was armed with a firearm and made an unauthorised entry to the property to commit armed robbery and discharged the firearm when challenged, he was then disarmed during a violent struggle and incapacitated - the Swiss man should be getting a medal

pretty clear to me

That's based on what the Swiss guy and his wife told the police. It might be true but the things that strikes me as odd are

1) The intruder knew the wife and wanted to initiate a relationship (according to her)

2) The intruder was tied up and he subsequently died (according to Swiss guy)

Something stinks...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Wife already have all farang's money + house, so why she want to go any place whit low life Thai man!? She can have lover if she want, man let her go to have party whit friend so she can do what ever she want.

Who knows Hercule...

"A struggle ensued as the Swiss man said he grabbed the intruder's arm and the gun went off but it didn't hit anyone.

Rudolf said he threw it in the pond next to the house.

In the furious fight fists and feet were used to attack the intruder who was knocked unconscious.

Worried that he would regain consciousness the foreigner tied him up, woke up his wife and got her to contact the phu yai ban to inform the police."

The wife is a sound sleeper, she didn't wake up while all this was going on!

• Like 1

to truly be free you must remove the grass from its roots then you can really enjoy life money and house, seem like her dream came true, killing two bird with one stone 

16 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Pok Daeng

30 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

He’s not ending up in jail - he’s being charged, as any other person (Thai or foreign) would be. 

At this stage there is no indication whatsoever of unjust treatment of the Swiss man. 

Right, lots of paranoids here. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I remember  a few years ago a Ozzie man killed a bouncer In patong i was there at the time with a pocket knife in a struggle  it was swept under the carpet he probably paid the cops off and walked free thai justice lol

• Haha 1