Do You Ever have One of those Days, in Thailand? One of those days when you just feel like Downing an Entire Bottle of Rémy Martin?

Somedays, though not often, and maybe about every 10 years, I feel like downing an entire bottle of cognac.

Sometimes, we all feel like this, maybe.

When we feel like this, then this guy is our hero:

1571728418_Paul-Emile_Rmy_Martin.thumb.jpg.879a5f5d22d862bf95458c085473a577.jpg

A man who dresses on his left.

Expensive cognac is nothing to be wasted, and should be savored, sip by sip.

And, some days, on rare occasions, one can allow oneself to take sip, after sip, after sip.

Who does not love cognac, when one chooses to splurge, once in a while?

Now, if only one could paint.

Nope ! Dont touch that or any alchohol.

Each to his own????

Had a day yesterday though when I could have quite easily done someone ham in shear frustration! ! Doesnt happen very often but communication issues sometimes can be testing.

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Had a day yesterday though when I could have quite easily done someone ham in shear frustration! !

I could do ham at any time.

Back on-topic, I have at least 1 day every week (today is the day and it's only Monday) where I could happily strangle someone who does something (design change for example) without considering the wider consequences.

Of course we only find out about these things via the rumour mill, hopefully in time to prevent the whole lot from coming crashing down.

And of course nobody is answering their phone / Line / email probably when they see it's me. Might try using Madam's phone ???? 

• Like 1

The Unanticipated Problem with being in Thailand, a land of hot sunny days, without end, if one has lived here for years, is that one begins to miss dreary winters, sleet, slush, cold rain, cloudy days, while being frozen indoors, just waiting for the Spring.

Too much of Heaven can become H*ll, after too many years of nothing but clear balmy skies and semi-naked swimsuit-clad women walking back and forth on a beach.

I am getting tired of nothing but Heaven, here.

Even Heaven can become monotonous.

Plucking one's harp can become tiresome.

Where is the snow?

Where are the cold days, with a cognac, and a cigar by the hearth?

Where is the fireside in Thailand?

All is green, every day of the year.

Is green our new monotony?

Even Gauguin left paradise, eventually...

Gauguin-Arearea_900x.png.29e33410a58461a8fdc1dd62596821ca.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The Unanticipated Problem with being in Thailand, a land of hot sunny days, without end, if one has lived here for years, is that one begins to miss dreary winters, sleet, slush, cold rain, cloudy days, while being frozen indoors, just waiting for the Spring.

Too much of Heaven can become H*ll, after too many years of nothing but clear balmy skies and semi-naked swimsuit-clad women walking back and forth on a beach.

I am getting tired of nothing but Heaven, here.

Even Heaven can become monotonous.

Plucking one's harp can become tiresome.

Where is the snow?

Where are the cold days, with a cognac, and a cigar by the hearth?

Where is the fireside in Thailand?

All is green, every day of the year.

Is green our new monotony?

Even Gauguin left paradise, eventually...

Gauguin-Arearea_900x.png.29e33410a58461a8fdc1dd62596821ca.png

Was doing ok until I read that !

Reminded me this time of year of that Autumnal smell and kaliedascope of colors as the leaves change and fall.The stiff breeze of cold fresh air turning the face a rosy pink and your beathe provides that steamy mist as you walk n talk through the park.

• Like 1

Maybe, during this autumnal part of the year, as Charlie stated, one is becoming nostalgic for something other than the endless expanse of banana leaves, as far as the eye can see, outside our windows.

This tropical paradise in which we live, like any paradise, can, in due time, cause us to feel cloistered and caged.

When we were young, we dreamed about eating a limitless supply of banana splits, with a cherry on top.

And now that we are living in paradise, we realize that, eventually, one finally becomes satiated with the eyesore of banana leaves, everywhere one looks.

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Am partial to Remy, even more so a good Calvados!

Both hideously expensive here though!

Do play around with watercolours occasionally.

Not very good though...

Have you ever heard of the two painters both with the name of Monet?

There is really only one Monet, in fact.  I mean that other clod, Monet, cannot compete with Claude Monet.

His harbor paintings are second to none.

Magnificent.

570244_260548_800_auto_jpg.jpg.d52ae83d60057693d4452858bd8f340e.jpg

Obviously, this one was not painted by a complete clod.