Dazed and confused

I have an OA visa. Because of mistaken info given to me by an agent, the money I have in the bank will not have been there long enough when my visa runs out. So today I went with my wife and all the right papers to CW to apply for a 60 day extension to visit my wife. I was told, contrary to what I read here, that I cannot get this kind of extension on an OA visa. So what do I do know? Either leave the country or pay an agent. I  so frustrated that I can’t even explain it. I have more than the required amount in the bank and had I known that I couldn’t switch to an extension based on marriage  it would have been there for the time necessary. It’s all too much. I don’t  know what else I can do. Maybe move back home? Getting too old for this. 

Edited by Gtto

I wonder if they would do a 60 day covid 19 extension.

How long will you have the money bank when your permit to stay ends?

Maybe try doing your extension and having it rejected and then ask for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

OP, take it you now have the 800k in your Thai bank account.

When does your permission of stay end. It's on stamp in pp.

Obtain a covid extension. That gives you 60 days permission of stay.

Then apply for your 12 month extension based on retirement.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you feel too old for the hassle go and see an agent they will make the pain go away, only a few thousand more

When push comes to shove, there is always a domestic Plan B (the right kind of agent) before exiting the country.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Maybe try doing your extension and having it rejected and then ask for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

UJ,

yeah they said that they might do that but I have to come landlords id, lease etc. 

Go see and use an agent and get the info right next time around, many members here will take the time to guide you. Frustrating, but if you wish to stay in Thailand, that's a small bullet to bite I'd say.

Otherwise, push for the covid extension and if it works out, it should give you enough time for the money seasoning. 

Good luck 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

He is applying for a 60 day extension to visit his wife therefore one assumes he wants a marriage extension therefore 400,000 required not 800,000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Go see and use an agent and get the info right next time around

Since you hope to use the agent only once make sure he "registers" you with your actual IO office and not one hundreds of miles away.

27 minutes ago, fangless said:

He is applying for a 60 day extension to visit his wife therefore one assumes he wants a marriage extension therefore 400,000 required not 800,000.

He wants to apply for a extension based upon retirement. He wrote that in his first topic.

25 minutes ago, fangless said:

Since you hope to use the agent only once make sure he "registers" you with your actual IO office and not one hundreds of miles away.

He is in Bangkok so that would impossible.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, fangless said:

From the OP...............

"I have more than the required amount in the bank and had I known that I couldn’t switch to an extension based on marriage  it would have been there for the time necessary"...

Im not 100% sure, however since the op had an Non O-A, I was under the impression that the first extension has to be based on retirement at some imm offices. Even if that's not the case his immigration office has indicated issue with extension marriage..

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, fangless said:

It's not done that way. An agent almost certainly would not be using the immigration office where you live and not Bangkok.

• Like 2

To get a 60 day extension as the OP said he was applying for (he wasn't applying for a 1 year extension since his money wasn't seasoned) is money in a bank (i.e., Bt400K) a requirement? 

Or is the Bt400K only a requirement when applying for a "1 year" extension?

An 'O' visa is the one to try for.  For my existing one I do not need health insurance, important as I am over 70, although I don't know if new 'O' visas have this advantage.  Also an OA expires, I learned of from this forum, in 20 years.  How to identify (locate) a competent and honest agent?  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2021 at 7:28 AM, DrJack54 said:

It's not done that way. An agent almost certainly would not be using the immigration office where you live and not Bangkok.

Exactly. I spoke with an agent that said if they did the 60 day extension I would have to do all subsequent extensions through them as it would be done outside of BKK. What a deal!????

Edited by Gtto
Spelling

On 10/5/2021 at 1:06 PM, DrJack54 said:

When does your permission of stay end. It's on stamp in pp.

Obtain a covid extension. That gives you 60 days permission of stay.

Then apply for your 12 month extension based on retirement.

Dr. Jack, this is what I am working on. Don’t know what reason I I’ll give for Covid extension but the IO said to do it.  Hoping for the best outcome. 

On 10/5/2021 at 12:57 PM, ubonjoe said:

UJ,

800,000 total will have only been there for 5 weeks. I had maintained a balance around 600k because I thought  I was going to qualify under the marriage  extension. Trying to get the Covid yextension. Will go back to CW next week. 

Edited by Gtto
Spelling

1 minute ago, Gtto said:

Dr. Jack, this is what I am working on. Don’t know what reason I I’ll give for Covid extension but the IO said to do it.  Hoping for the best outcome. 

You will choose the reason when you complete this affidavit.

60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 689 downloads

Covid 19 is a good reason since you cannot easily leave and re-enter the country due to it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gtto said:

Trying to get the Covid yextension. Will go back to CW next week.

You will obtain a covid extension. 

Obviously keep the 800k in the bank. When you reach that time when it's been there for 2 months go again and obtain your 12 month extension based on retirement. You can changed to based on marriage for the following extension. 

• Like 1