COVID-19: Thailand reports 10,035 new coronavirus cases, 60 deaths

webfact

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

When the "vast majority of people" have been vaccinated then its possible to make such as statement. Until then its incredibly dangerous and reckless false misinformation.

No, it’s quite possible to make the statement that the vast majority of people have nothing to worry about. That’s what the official stats show. 

The comment was in relation to the neighbours not worrying, not the family themselves. 

Nothing reckless or dangerous about that statement so stop trying to dramatise and personalise what I said. 

It is a fact. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Sad 1

Emphasize on "Washing the hands", sanitizing, etc... Does the virus enter our body through our hands? Or perhaps we eat with our fingers? Without the virus danger we do not wash our hands? 

Shouldn't we care more about our mouth, nose? The mask repeatedly on our nose is not always very clean, what do we breath anyway?

And "stay at home"?  Then, hanging with our TV and other our gadgets, in a closed space, no exercising, just reading the bad news?  

Is it better than being on a fresh air with getting some kind of vitamin D from the radiation, having a joy of life?

Pfizer vaccine rollout for students continues for the 5th day in Nakhon Ratchasima province. Children ages 12 to 17 are eligible to receive the Pfizer doses, though the vaccination drive is facing misinformation about mRNA vaccine on social media sites like LINE and TikTok.

FBZA5RGVcAQh3O8.jpg.e5bcdb886dd872cd54f656fafaaaae4f.jpg

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1447415695877103623

• Thanks 1

COVID-19 pandemic continues to drive poor mental health among children and young people in Thailand

Marking the World Mental Health Day on 10 October, UNICEF and the Department of Mental Health (DMH) expressed concerns over the continued negative impact of COVID-19 on children and young people’s mental health in Thailand as significant numbers of adolescents face stress, anxiety, and depression.

A recent mental health assessment among adolescents in Thailand found that 28 percent of adolescents experience high levels of stress, while 32 percent are at risk of depression and 22 percent are at risk of committing suicide, according to DMH’s Mental Health Check-in, an online mental health evaluation platform which collected data from 183,974 adolescents during the 18-month of COVID-19 pandemic from 1 January 2020 – 30 September 2021.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/11/covid-19-pandemic-continues-to-drive-poor-mental-health-among-children-and-young-people-in-thailand/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You've made a claim and been asked to back it up with a verifiable scientific link.

Can you be man enough to do so please.

Khon Kaen Province has a population of about 1.8 million. There have been been 16,722 officially reported COVID-19 cases since April 1, 2021 wave or about 1% of the population. 

https://www.khonkaenlink.info/covid19-khonkaen/

COVID_2021_dark177-768x768.jpg

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1

Thailand has been moved up to the WHO's level 3 standard for vaccinations, this is the first I have seen on this and apparently it was done back in August.

https://www.who.int/thailand/news/detail/06-10-2021-thailand-s-vaccine-regulatory-system-reaches-who-s-second-highest-level

The World Health Organization (WHO) has announced that Thailand's National Regulatory Authority (NRA) for vaccines reached Maturity Level 3, the second highest in the WHO classification of national regulatory system, effective from 27 August 2021.

Dr Marieangela Simao, the Assistant Director-General on Access to Medicines and Health Products, announced the news during her opening remarks at the extraordinary virtual International Conference of Drug Regulatory Authorities (ICDRA) organized from 20-24 September 2021.  

WHO classification is carried out by employing WHO's Global Benchmarking Tool (GBT) to ensure vaccines' quality, safety, and effectiveness. The tool assesses the overarching regulatory framework through nine cross-cutting functions with a series of sub-indicators. In June 2021, a WHO team comprising three experts re-assessed Thailand's NRA using an updated and more comprehensive GBT with new functions and benchmarking criteria. This is a follow-up on the earlier country mission in mid-2018.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Not as much as you'll like this.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/long-covid

From the above linK:

"Given that one in twenty people with COVID-19 are likely to be affected by long COVID, the absolute number of people affected by long COVID will only increase as the pandemic wears on, adding up to  potentially hundreds of thousands in the UK and millions worldwide.

So of the 1% in Khon kaen who have had Covid and those who might get it inthe future , 1 in 20 of those might be long-term.

So yeah I like that.

• Thanks 1

There will be a big CCSA meeting on Thursday which will discuss possible further easing of restrictions. This includes the reduction or cancellation of the curfew and the rearranging of colour coding of provinces #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1447441023626399748

• Thanks 1

Today there were 60 deaths in #Thailand

32 males & 28 females

Burmese (4), Cambodian (1), Chinese (1)

Age range is 5-91 years

The five year old had no underlying conditions

The 13 year old had diabetes

60% of deaths aged 60+

1 pregnant woman died

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1447444388573896705

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thailand has been moved up to the WHO's level 3 standard for vaccinations, this is the first I have seen on this and apparently it was done back in August.

https://www.who.int/thailand/news/detail/06-10-2021-thailand-s-vaccine-regulatory-system-reaches-who-s-second-highest-level

The World Health Organization (WHO) has announced that Thailand's National Regulatory Authority (NRA) for vaccines reached Maturity Level 3, the second highest in the WHO classification of national regulatory system, effective from 27 August 2021.

Dr Marieangela Simao, the Assistant Director-General on Access to Medicines and Health Products, announced the news during her opening remarks at the extraordinary virtual International Conference of Drug Regulatory Authorities (ICDRA) organized from 20-24 September 2021.  

WHO classification is carried out by employing WHO's Global Benchmarking Tool (GBT) to ensure vaccines' quality, safety, and effectiveness. The tool assesses the overarching regulatory framework through nine cross-cutting functions with a series of sub-indicators. In June 2021, a WHO team comprising three experts re-assessed Thailand's NRA using an updated and more comprehensive GBT with new functions and benchmarking criteria. This is a follow-up on the earlier country mission in mid-2018.

Yes thats good news for Thailand, now they need to target the next level, perhaps also look at publishing some of their studies, I'd be particularly interested in a peer reviewed study on the 20% AZ dose under skin technique they are using for boosters in Phuket.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, anchadian said:

There will be a big CCSA meeting on Thursday which will discuss possible further easing of restrictions. This includes the reduction or cancellation of the curfew and the rearranging of colour coding of provinces #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1447441023626399748

Reduction as cases seem to be stagnating based upon a lack of true mass PCR testing throughout the country. With the number of ATK positive cases on has to wonder if they are prepared and have room in the hospitals and treatment locations should we see cases increase where medical treatment is needed.  I hope that the cases truly are reducing and the vaccinations are helping all of this. 

I do worry that they may just need to wait a few more weeks to make the decision they will this week.  I can see that they are moving forward with the November openings of the new sandbox locations.  So this is one of the steps needed to attract people, but then they also need to stop the quarantine for folks who have been vaccinated and test negative on arrival because it is a slap in their faces since domestic travelers in-country who are vaccinated do not have to quarantine or better yet effective soon do not have to PCR or ATK test to enter Phuket.  The money grab needs to come to an end if they indeed want the boost in the economy.  

To keep unequal requisites and restrictions in place will not attract folks who have limited time for vacations and can not make plans at the last minute like the rich folks they are trying to attract.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Must be a new high for a Sunday:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 120: 770,947

DAY 121: 734,804

DAY 122: 730,807

DAY 123: 911,677

DAY 124: 1,010,072

DAY 125: 230,852 <— Sat

DAY 119: 688,481 <— Sun

TOTAL: 60,228,105 doses since 28 February

32.5% of people now fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1447441266950623239

Sunday was probably in increase due to the School aged kids being vaccinated, since the weekends would be a good time for those working parents to take their children on their possibly just 1 day off.  Of course that is my view, but I will wait for verification from those on the forum who took their Children yesterday.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sunday was probably in increase due to the School aged kids being vaccinated, since the weekends would be a good time for those working parents to take their children on their possibly just 1 day off.  Of course that is my view, but I will wait for verification from those on the forum who took their Children yesterday.

Spot on, I was at the vaccination site with my daughter yesterday for her first jab of Pfizer with the second now due on the 31st Oct. Place was heaving with students over 12 years, although all well organized, about 4 of the International Schools were there. No side effects reported from her apart from a sore arm, although when I drove her to school this morning she did ask whether she was still able to play football this week because of it....5555. She's in the academy.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good visualization of the "official case" counts throughout Thailand from CCSA this morning, the decline in Bangkok which can in part be attributed to the vaccinations and other measures I would guess. They've got 60.5% of the population there now fully vaxxed.

The upper provinces now in a plateau flat line and the southern Provinces now over taking Bangkok in daily cases.

Blue = Bangkok and 5 Provinces bordering

Green = 67 upper Provinces

Orange = Southern Border Provinces

Caveat this does not include the ATK positive cases.

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/111064.pdf

data 11 oct 7.png

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Good visualization of the "official case" counts throughout Thailand from CCSA this morning, the decline in Bangkok which can in part be attributed to the vaccinations and other measures I would guess. They've got 60.5% of the population there now fully vaxxed.

The upper provinces now in a plateau flat line and the southern Provinces now over taking Bangkok in daily cases.

Blue = Bangkok and 5 Provinces bordering

Green = 67 upper Provinces

Orange = Southern Border Provinces

Caveat this does not include the ATK positive cases.

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/111064.pdf

data 11 oct 7.png

Your Caveat of not including the ATK cases is a huge one at that.  I would take the Bangkok numbers and almost double them as they have been pushing the ATK tests here tremendously with outreach programs going all around do the larger housing areas where many folks reside like Khlong Toei etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

From the above linK:

"Given that one in twenty people with COVID-19 are likely to be affected by long COVID, the absolute number of people affected by long COVID will only increase as the pandemic wears on, adding up to  potentially hundreds of thousands in the UK and millions worldwide.

So of the 1% in Khon kaen who have had Covid and those who might get it inthe future , 1 in 20 of those might be long-term.

So yeah I like that.

1 in 20 with of an endemic disease is terrible.

Totally dehabilitating for the individual involved and the cost to the health care system in a civilised society.

However, it's nice of you to attempt to reply for the original poster.

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

22% of Thai adolescents are at risk of committing suicide due to stress from Covid, a UNICEF report found. 32% are also at risk of depression. Most of them were concerned about family household incomes, their studies, future education & employment. (1/2)

The sample size was 183,974 people. (2/2)

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1447469075530014721

That's a good number of folks polled and talked with.  Suicide rates have definitely gone upwards but then mental health treatment centers are lacking here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

22% of Thai adolescents are at risk of committing suicide due to stress from Covid, a UNICEF report found. 32% are also at risk of depression. Most of them were concerned about family household incomes, their studies, future education & employment. (1/2)

The sample size was 183,974 people. (2/2)

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1447469075530014721

The hidden costs of covid touching the lives of almost everyone in one way or the other, some seriously and some just through contacts.

• Like 1