212 revelers arrested at Saraburi pub - drugs found all over the floor, 140 test positive, eight with Covid

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The chief of police in Saraburi province Pol Maj-Gen Chayanon Mesati ordered the Nong Khae police and local officials to raid a pub breaking Covid-19 rules after complaints of loud noise and drug taking.

Daily News didn't name the pub but said that it was on Suwannasorn Road in Nong Khae district of the central Thai province and was busted back in January.

212 revelers were dancing to music or singing in four karaoke rooms out back.

As soon as police arrived large numbers of packets of drugs and phials of liquid were jettisoned on the floor.

59 people had taken ketamine and 81 were high on amphetamines (either Ya Ba or Ice) after urine tests came back with a telltale purple color.

Eight tested positive for Covid-19 - six women and two men.

Local district chief and Covid leader Sarawuth Suwannajutha ordered everyone split up and compulsorily quarantined for 14 days.

Sources said that well known model Paphawee Chaimongkhol, 24, - also known as Oi Roi Juup - had been paid 25,000 baht to attend the party.

There was a charge of 200 baht a head to attend. 

Three people were found in possession of Class 2 drug ketamine. Everyone was charged with breaking Covid-19 regulations. 

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Ahh...the folly of youth

While I don't condone everything thata Prayuts doing, and I'd normally cut a small party some slack... this was stupidity in the extreme.

And what's with the immense drug taking, is this the new fashion?

• Like 2

I have to say i never attended a drug party like this.  But I have read many of these drugs opens the sexual mind.   Drugs all over the floor, wonder how many condoms were found in purses and pockets. Was that a published invitation to this party?  Just think how many hidden parties there are.  

Kuddos for locking them all up for 14 days.  Hope it was all without exception. No matter if they had connections or money. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you’ve ever had dinner with friends, drank wine... You were at a ‘drug party’.

If you’ve very smoked a cigarette at a party... you were at a ‘drug party’.

If you’ve ever been to a bar or club and had beers, or put a bottle on the table... you were at a ‘drug party’.

The only difference is your understanding of what drugs are, the governments understanding of what drugs are and control of said drugs and what society deems acceptable which is primarily based on media sources. 

I never have, but in many countries it's very common for people take methamphetamines, cocaine, ecstasy (MDMA) recreationally at the weekend and go to work on a Monday morning.

This may perhaps be a controversial opinion for many more puritanical and rigid of mind, but the only issue with drugs such as this is the lack of education which surrounds them and the risks of consuming something which has been pushed into the underworld due to criminalisation. 

Government and society still has a lot to learn about recreational drugs - the puritanical approach clearly doesn’t work, it just gives a few boring nerds a chance to throw critique while forgetting 60 years ago our folks were probably high on LSD and doped up... 

I concur, absolutely.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Elkski said:

I have to say i never attended a drug party like this.  But I have read many of these drugs opens the sexual mind.   Drugs all over the floor, wonder how many condoms were found in purses and pockets. Was that a published invitation to this party?  Just think how many hidden parties there are.  

Kuddos for locking them all up for 14 days.  Hope it was all without exception. No matter if they had connections or money. 

how can i get involved   ....  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

In a close proximity party, only 8 people tested positive for Covid-19...

Is anyone elses take away from this story that ketamine and amphetamines should be investigated as a Covid protection measure !!!! ???? !!!!! 

It takes time for people to turn a positive test. Those 8 people were probably infected before the party.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wprime said:
18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

In a close proximity party, only 8 people tested positive for Covid-19...

Is anyone elses take away from this story that ketamine and amphetamines should be investigated as a Covid protection measure !!!! ???? !!!!! 

It takes time for people to turn a positive test. Those 8 people were probably infected before the party.

Yes... I was being facetious.....    and alluding to the irrational thought process of the puritanical ‘clamp down’ on fun with an ironic sense of... "Oh, this S#it could be good for us” what on earth do we do now ???.....

Answer from todays news: Clamp down on sex toys !!! 

• Like 2