Superman is Bisexual -- thanks but no thanks?

Jingthing

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not Trump again, do try and forget about him, not everything revolves around Trump . 

Why dont the LBTG people invent their own superheroes , rather than taking straight peoples ?

I want to forget Trump, but he never shuts up.  As for superman, I didn't know he belonged to straight people.  I'm straight....by the way.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I want to forget Trump, but he never shuts up.  As for superman, I didn't know he belonged to straight people.  I'm straight....by the way.

He's running for president again after a failed coup, has fixed things so that a second coup attempt will probably work, and has succeeded in making one of two major political parties his b. Unfortunately it's not rational to act like Magaland is over.

Edited by Jingthing

Superman orinally written by Author as Straight. 

Disagree that Artistic Licence Extends to Fundamental Character Changes from Original Work.

Write your OWN Original / Derived Story if you want a Gay Superman or Black / Female Bond !

Problem is No Profit in such Originality & Screen Writers / Adapters LACK the Necessary Authorization or Talent …….

Remember the busted NBA Franchise & Gillette Brand Implosion. Or the disasterous  “Female” Ghostbusters & Oceans 11  Remakes. 

Get Woke Go Broke……

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I can kind of see what you mean, but I think you are seriously overthinking it and making it into a big deal,  

You have to ask yourself why you are making such an issue with this.  

I mean I bet you let your kid buy shirts supporting football teams, cities, have flags of a particular country on them, or have brand names on them......

Your kid won't be old enough to know that wearing Adidas top is marketing and supporting that brand, or wearing a t shirt with a cartoon character is supporting Disney franchises.

What is next...you will ban him from painting a rainbow or only let him colour in back and white?

It's just a t shirt that looks nice!  

When he asked you why he could not have it did you tell his it was because he would be supporting gay people and that is wrong?   Or were you secretly afraid he might be showing that he may be gay when he grows up?  If so that shows that you are massively insecure about that issue, or are just plain homophobic. 

Not over thinking it at all , just said the Black and White T-Shirt looks better and we bought that T-Shirt .

I do disagree with 8 year olds subversively being used to promote a cause and why some adults want to promote homosexuality among Children , I would also feel the same if Straight Adult males were trying to promote male/female sexual relationships to eight year old girls by making T-shirts in Children's sizes with "Its normal for Males and Females to have sexual relationships" written on the front 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I still remember being scolded by a gay man, when I referred to him as being gay. He said, I am not gay, I am non-binary! Huh? How on earth was I supposed to know that?

I have a suggestion. For all people who do not identify as gay, or lesbian, just wear a pin, or a necklace, or a patch on your clothing identifying your chosen designation to all of us!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not over thinking it at all , just said the Black and White T-Shirt looks better and we bought that T-Shirt .

I do disagree with 8 year olds subversively being used to promote a cause and why some adults want to promote homosexuality among Children , I would also feel the same if Straight Adult males were trying to promote male/female sexual relationships to eight year old girls by making T-shirts in Children's sizes with "Its normal for Males and Females to have sexual relationships" written on the front 

That's ridiculous. 

You're acting like the straight world and the small minority of LGBT people have equivalent power. Not even close.

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I still remember being scolded by a gay man, when I referred to him as being gay. He said, I am not gay, I am non-binary! Huh? How on earth was I supposed to know that?

I have a suggestion. For all people who do not identify as gay, or lesbian, just wear a pin, or a necklace, or a patch on your clothing identifying your chosen designation to all of us!

That person was a jerk.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Superman orinally written by Author as Straight. 

Disagree that Artistic Licence Extends to Fundamental Character Changes from Original Work.

Write your OWN Original / Derived Story if you want a Gay Superman or Black / Female Bond !

Problem is No Profit in such Originality & Screen Writers / Adapters LACK the Necessary Authorization or Talent …….

Remember the busted NBA Franchise & Gillette Brand Implosion. Or the disasterous  “Female” Ghostbusters & Oceans 11  Remakes. 

Get Woke Go Broke……

It's not the original Superman so it's a different entity so your argument is moot.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Sort of wondering why you would mention someone else's sexuality ...... it's not your business (unless you're trying to pick him up).

We were having a conversation that was germain to his sexuality. 

I was sort of wondering why you found this peculiar or worthy of mention? 

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No one is looking to 'promote homosexuality among Children' but rather they are looking to normalise it and do away with the stigmas and prejudices of the past.

I am of the firm belief that you are born homosexual (who in their right mind would choose being gay as an easier option in life) so if we can normalise hetrosexual, then why not homosexuals? That's really what this is all about. It's about saying it's ok to be straight, gay, bi-sexual or trans without having to feel guilty or be victimised.  It's therefore ok for Supermans brother to be bi-sexual because there's nothing wrong with that, it's the way he was born.

So what are you going to do if your child does turn out to be gay or bi-sexual? Will you support him/her or we will you try and talk them out of it because it's really you that feels uncomfortable about it all?

I hope for the childs sake it's the former as I've seen first hand how damaging an unsupportive parent can be on a gay person.     

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

No one is looking to 'promote homosexuality among Children' but rather they are looking to normalise it and do away with the stigmas and prejudices of the past.

I am of the firm belief that you are born homosexual (who in their right mind would choose being gay as an easier option in life) so if we can normalise hetrosexual, then why not homosexuals? That's really what this is all about. It's about saying it's ok to be straight, gay, bi-sexual or trans without having to feel guilty or be victimised.  It's therefore ok for Supermans brother to be bi-sexual because there's nothing wrong with that, it's the way he was born.

So what are you going to do if your child does turn out to be gay or bi-sexual? Will you support him/her or we will you try and talk them out of it because it's really you that feels uncomfortable about it all?

I hope for the childs sake it's the former as I've seen first hand how damaging an unsupportive parent can be on a gay person.     

I was talking about the photo that I posted , Childrens T-Shirts with Superman logo in the rainbow colours , a Child gets a nice colourful Superman T-Shirt and when he gets a bit older , he would realise that he unknowingly  was promoting gay pride .

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I dont think that kids superheros should display any sexuality .

I am uncomfortable with adults making and selling clothes to Children that promote homosexuality .

When young boys still love their daddy , I just think that its wrong for the Daddy to tell his Son that two males can have a sexual relationship, just doesnt sit right with me 

• Sad 1

Here is my take: Jon Kent, son of Clark Kent, is taking up the MANTLE of Superman.

Jon Kent is bi

Clark Kent is straight.

There should be no problem.

FYI, Wonder Woman is bi as outlines in the comics and (canon) movie.

There are straight people in the world. (And that's okay.)

There are gay people in the world. (And that's okay.)

There are bi people in the world. (And that's okay.)

On a side note, I always through Gandalf and Sarumon had a thing going in LotR. You can't tell me Frodo and Sam didn't.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was talking about the photo that I posted , Childrens T-Shirts with Superman logo in the rainbow colours , a Child gets a nice colourful Superman T-Shirt and when he gets a bit older , he would realise that he unknowingly  was promoting gay pride .

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I dont think that kids superheros should display any sexuality .

I am uncomfortable with adults making and selling clothes to Children that promote homosexuality .

When young boys still love their daddy , I just think that its wrong for the Daddy to tell his Son that two males can have a sexual relationship, just doesnt sit right with me 

So you're homophobic.

That's ok; many are, but if I may give you a bit of advice, please try to not imprint your prejudices on your child. When you understand these things are not a choice then you can be more objective in how you handle it and importantly, not pass your bias and bigotry to your child.

Please don't think I am having a go at you because I'm not. Chances are you are a product of your own intolerant upbringing and find it hard to go against your idoctrination but the world is changing and in my opinion it's changing for the good. Tolerance and acceptance cannot be a bad thing. Love and understanding never goes out of fashion so even if it 'doesn't sit right' with you, hopefully you'll not get in the way of it sitting a lot easier with your child. 

I promise you you'll be happier and your child will love and respect you even more for it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Then I'm sorry, but then it's not about the shirt. It's about you.

If one day (when your son is old enough) you can't be honest with him about the world in which we live in, then I believe you're building a relationship on a shaky foundation. That's just my opinion.

I can only hope that you do have a relationship where you son would be comfortable coming to you with anything he's struggling with. That includes, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.

Many children don't have that.

Think about the lives saved if they did.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So you're homophobic.

That's ok; many are, but if I may give you a bit of advice, please try to not imprint your prejudices on your child. When you understand these things are not a choice then you can be more objective in how you handle it and importantly, not pass your bias and bigotry to your child.

Please don't think I am having a go at you because I'm not. Chances are you are a product of your own intolerant upbringing and find it hard to go against your idoctrination but the world is changing and in my opinion it's changing for the good. Tolerance and acceptance cannot be a bad thing. Love and understanding never goes out of fashion so even if it 'doesn't sit right' with you, hopefully you'll not get in the way of it sitting a lot easier with your child. 

I promise you you'll be happier and your child will love and respect you even more for it.

I oppose teaching Children about homosexuality and promoting it to them , I am not opposed to homosexuality .

And I really dont think that its a good idea for Children to walk around wearing gay pride colours , as it would encourage pedophiles to take an interest in them 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

And I really dont think that its a good idea for Children to walk around wearing gay pride colours , as it would encourage pedophiles to take an interest in them 

You're walking a slippery slope suggesting pedophilia has a connection with being gay or what have you. That does come off as veiled homophobia. A pedo would be interested in your kid if you dressed him in a cardboard box. The gender of the kid wouldn't matter either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I oppose teaching Children about homosexuality and promoting it to them , I am not opposed to homosexuality .

You're entitled to your opinion but if you support codifying such extreme homophobia into law you're into Putinesque authoritarian dictator territory. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

You're walking a slippery slope suggesting pedophilia has a connection with being gay or what have you. That does come off as veiled homophobia. A pedo would be interested in your kid if you dressed him in a cardboard box. The gender of the kid wouldn't matter either.

Not veiled at all.

Hard core open homophobia.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

Then I'm sorry, but then it's not about the shirt. It's about you.

If one day (when your son is old enough) you can't be honest with him about the world in which we live in, then I believe you're building a relationship on a shaky foundation. That's just my opinion.

I can only hope that you do have a relationship where you son would be comfortable coming to you with anything he's struggling with. That includes, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.

Many children don't have that.

Think about the lives saved if they did.

When my Son is old enough, that would be a different matter , once he reaches puberty and then begins to take an interest in relationships , then that would be a different situation . 

He is still a Child and not yet developed enough to be concerned about relationships with other people .

5 minutes ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

I was talking about making clothes for six year olds with the gay pride colours on it disguised as a Superman T-Shirt encouraging them to inadvertently support the cause .

Why would an adult want to do that ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1