TAT boss: quarantine remains for 1 day to test all visitors, no going back to old tourism pub scenes

webfact

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My 3rd UK jab will be due after 25th October. I think I'll get the 3rd, wait a month and see what happens. Far as I am concerned nothing has really changed. The health pass appears to be the COE in all but name and my own opinion it will end up just causing holiday chaos as much as the COE.

If I have to miss X-mas with the wife and kid, so be it. I'll let the rest if the eager beavers iron out the new system and see the comments here !

i have several friends in the uk, same thinking, waiting for the booster and then to see how things pan out. no one is rushing off to buy a ticket. no rush.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

i have several friends in the uk, same thinking, waiting for the booster and then to see how things pan out. no one is rushing off to buy a ticket. no rush.

This is what I'm doing. I have been  In London working since the pandemic. My booster is probably due around November.  I will wait until December/New year see what happens 

TAT love numbers and calculations. Using 2019 tourist figures lets say 2,000,000 (of 39,000,000) were party visitors (sex, clubs, other nightlife) each year on a two week holiday. Spending 10,000/day on hotel, food, drinks, girls, shopping, incidentals that comes to 280,000,000,000 baht of lost revenue a year. Not counting all the expats that also frequent these places (and some own them). I'm sure that figure employed a lot of people and took care of many families. Under a no/low nightlife plan, most of that money is gone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

....family friendly market--

yes, I guess me and government have different interpretation of

family friendly because as a single guy I prefer temporary family. After all everything is temporary including me so why pretend.

12 hours ago, Tonypandy said:

So they want to attract a higher quality tourist, so what amount of money are the government/TAT proposing to spend on upgrading thier run down tourist resorts to attract these foreign HISO? Do they think these type of people will accept eating and drinking in a 1 star establishment looking out at all the wires in the street and paying 5 star prices for the privilege? Mmm let's wait and see

You know darn well, it would be a one time only visit and when they got home, telling all their friends about this 3rd world country and advising them not to visit there. 

41 minutes ago, Farangus said:

Just because Thailand has become "even more amazing" in the opinion of the authorities, thousands of millionaires will not fly here. You need infrastructure, security, cleanliness and a much higher level of service.
As for bars and girls ... Thailand is a Buddhist country, and sex is part of the local culture. Even in harams, you can see hundreds of huge wooden members with ribbons. Why are the local authorities waging such a fight with girls, to whom the lack of education (and often laziness) does not allow finding a decent job with a good salary?
I am against human trafficking and sexual exploitation, when girls' documents are taken away and forced into prostitution. But in Thailand, many girls themselves want to do this, and most of the girls even have a choice: go with a person to a hotel or choose another client, more handsome or less drunk.
I have been to Thailand many times and I know many girls (personally and by correspondence on Facebook) who take pride in the fact that they work in Pattaya and financially support entire families in Isana.
My first Thai girlfriend for the night (we are still friends with her) told me that before starting work in Pattaya, she worked in a warehouse in Bangkok, and her family was starving. Their house in Khon Haen was so bad that when it rained, they scooped water from the floor together and slept in a raincoat. Now they have a nice house on a land plot, a new car, two motorbikes (my friend got one motorbike for free in the lottery in Insomnia). And it's all thanks to the sex and the farang money. She is not proud of her work, but she is proud that thanks to her sacrifice, her younger sisters received a good education, and the family eats well and the house has everything for life. No family tourists from India and China will provide money for thousands of local girls and their families. And thai government does not pay pension money to ordinary Thais.
In addition, in my opinion, bars have practically lost their role as a meeting place for girls and clients. All girls in any case spend hours on social networks and get to know each other there.
A family resort is fine, but Thailand has always been exotic. And I think that there is nothing wrong with the fact that in the daytime everything works for family fun, and at night, when the children are sleeping, other interesting things happen on separate streets.

Best answer I've seen on here.  ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

You need to go back and look at what Kobkarn Wattanavarangkul the Sports and tourism minister has said. She has wanted to do away with the party scene in Pattaya. A puritanical zealot.

Sure, doesn't matter what one minister thinks though.

The thing about ministers that make problems is that they get replaced.

How can they stop cheaper tourists from going?

Are they going to require visas for all and a prove of a certain minimum income to get visa?

Thailand hotels and food and ladies are not just going to be more expensive if fewer tourists arrive.

And what about work and income for all the bar girls? They provide money to the villages.

In my experience the hotels are now easy to get cheaper than before because of the few tourists. But TAT want only rich tourists. so who will stay at all the cheaper hotels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Good luck with that. With European destinations in summer, Dubai and Carribean in winter then there are plenty of other family/luxury/value options closer to home. Thailand is an exotic place that had thrived for decades on the mix of hedonism, freedom and lax implementation of rules. Make it difficult, expensive and less fun then many will simply seek alternative destinations. Maybe he's only got the Chinese or Indians in mind so let's see how that goes.

"Thailand is an exotic place that had thrived for decades on the mix of hedonism, freedom and lax implementation of rules. Make it difficult, expensive and less fun then many will simply seek alternative destinations."

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Acharn said:

You got it. From time to time I wonder how that worked out with Khao San Road. They were so happy to "clean it up" after the coup. Do people still go there?

They totally ruined it. 

Just as they do with everything else. 

Stupidity and greed win through in the end. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who in there right mind would want to come here for a holiday to relax and enjoy life when you cant even have for example a nice cold beer with your food in a hotel or other restaurant or some nice wine.

The lack of common sense and foresight is just amazing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rumeaug said:

France, Spain (including Canary Islands, Mallorca, ibiza etc...), Greece, Portugal....etc...etc...All open, bars & clubs and you name it... no curfew, no alcohol ban...

France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Malta these are the "new" places to be.

- No silly visas rules or immigration hoops to jump through. Got an EU ID card? That's all you need!

- No gouging atrocious currency exchanges to watch out for. Got some EUR cash on you? That's all you need!

- No more 12 hours flights sitting right next to a mother with young kids screaming in your eardrums. Hop on a 2~3 hours flight max for 15~35 EUR at best. (Hi RyanAir! Hi WizzAir!). That's all you need!

Dear Thailand, you're done for good.

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My 3rd UK jab will be due after 25th October. I think I'll get the 3rd, wait a month and see what happens. Far as I am concerned nothing has really changed. The health pass appears to be the COE in all but name and my own opinion it will end up just causing holiday chaos as much as the COE.

If I have to miss X-mas with the wife and kid, so be it. I'll let the rest if the eager beavers iron out the new system and see the comments here !

same for me, my wife is angrily waiting until I can fly to Thailand without quarantine or the possibility of it, i.e. no test on arrival. until then, Thailand can expect one less 'quality tourist' from their 'million arrivals'

This same sort of situation is happening in many places, not just Thailand.  The subject and circumstances change, but it's just another example of the clueless emerging from their hermitically sealed echo chambers to let you know 1) just how out of touch they are and 2) how much they intend to control every aspect of your life....for your own good....so shut up and color.

But, let's remember how they're following The Science ™.  This is what enables you to believe that a country that has 4 times the number of Covid cases per capita and twice the deaths is 'safe'...as is the case with the UK.  Or in the case of the US, there are twice the number of Covid cases per capita, compared to Thailand and 4 times the deaths.  The Science ™ tells you why it's safe to have all the bars and pubs open there, and to allow travel from those dirty location to Thailand, but once here to not have anything open.

Imagine how clueless you have to be to believe this garbage.  These man-babies actually think that people are going to get on planes for 4+ hour flights and spend thousands of dollars to look at temples, go to a 7/11, and be back in your hotel by 10.  The world's wealthy are sitting on their edge of their chairs for the latest 'wisdom' emanating from the man-babies' mouths about how they can come to Thailand and spend their millions.  It would be funny if so many people's lives weren't being affected.  The Thai people deserve so much better than this.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Two weeks away. Expect same as opening of Sandbox. "Nothing Official yet, It has not been gazetteed",  Just fly from Memphis to Seattle wherever no idea if you will get your COE hours before flights. After you buy $1000 worth of PCR tests and hotel rooms for a whole family, you'll be fine. A disorganized shambles where airport staff were learning new rules via emails. We need 3 copies of your certificate of SHABA. "No you don't " Same staff taking pics of every document I have. Do similar again in Doha. Is it a holiday or being extradited on murder charges?

This time another government app/website that likely has not even been coded yet, same as COE but for name. Dubious Insurance and prepaid hotels NEVER going away.  Probably, the prepaid tests also. 

Sure it will work as well as Thailand Plus? Mooted, mulled, then forgotten by everyone except Thai embassies and the previously mentioned pesky agents trying to deny you boarding.  The rules will change 5 times by Jan 01. By then any hope of High Season 2021-2022 a failed memory.

Nobody will take a Thai holiday until they cut this nonsense, only people with serious partners and properties. As for the the "unaccompanied male" no more such shenanigans allowed forget about the bars they wont open for at least 1 more year if ever.

"Thailand is an exotic place that had thrived for decades on the mix of hedonism, freedom and lax implementation of rules. Make it difficult, expensive and less fun then many will simply seek alternative destinations."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

"CCSA finalizing List of origin countries entering and not requiring quarantine. Now it's in the required internal process, and should be released sometime mid-week next week. There will be alot more than 10 countries included in the list."

THAT is the most ridiculous topic …

They did not even manage to agree beforehand about a simple country list.  ????

What will happen with more difficult and pressing questions ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bernietravelling said:

THAT is the most ridiculous topic …

They did not even manage to agree beforehand about a simple country list.  ????

What will happen with more difficult and pressing questions ?

This is partly due to lack of freedom of the press. When they have these public announcements of such things, the press is not free to ask reasonable follow-up questions. Therefore, they can spout complete nonsense that isn't thought out and everyone just takes downt their notes and reports the face level of the announcement. Then, we thinking people who are less restrained ask the follow-up questions in forums like this one (which the Thai government seems to ignore). And, so on...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NanaSomchai said:

France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Malta these are the "new" places to be.

- No silly visas rules or immigration hoops to jump through. Got an EU ID card? That's all you need!

- No gouging atrocious currency exchanges to watch out for. Got some EUR cash on you? That's all you need!

- No more 12 hours flights sitting right next to a mother with young kids screaming in your eardrums. Hop on a 2~3 hours flight max for 15~35 EUR at best. (Hi RyanAir! Hi WizzAir!). That's all you need!

Dear Thailand, you're done for good.

I have been to them all and they are fun. But dearer than Thailand, less exotic and importantly no decent P4P

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Maybe the tea drinking PM, asked the TAT boss to put out this announcement, to see how much flack

gets sent back to them from many sources.  The Thai face thing is still strong, and I believe that this

sort of survey is just that, a survey.    Thailand has been an exotic country long before the present buffoons have

been around.  Maybe this year, there will be only a few tourists show up and after January 1st 2022, 

all rules and restrictions will disappear as if by magic.    Thailand needs the tourists for sure, and if 

they get low numbers, they will eventually change their attitudes.   As it has been said many times,

money is very important to most Thais, and even their rich and elite.

Geezer

The generals have enough money. They do not care about poverty or hunger of the people.

• Like 1