Prevent AIS Sim Card Expiry

YorkshireTyke

In the past my sim card expiry date was usually many months in the future, now due to Line, Whatsapp, Messenger etc I very rarely use the phone credit so now my sim expiry is in a couple of days.

What's the cheapest way to keep it active?

Does the amount of days credit correspond to how much I top it up? Obviously I don't want to load it up with money that I won't use.

I am not sure about 12call, but with Dtac you can buy extra time, it is 3 bath for a month.

That way you don't have to top up all the time.

I am sure 12 call have the same thing. It is part of good service.

You just have to find the servicenumber.

Hope that will help you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Cheapest way is Boontherm machine outside 7-11 and Family Mart. Press the screen and choose the option for English, choose Mobile Topup, tap in your number and choose the 10 baht option. It will ask you for 12 baht. Place 100 baht in to the slot. It will take the 12 baht and leave you with 88 baht of credit registered on the Boontherm device. Repeat the process to add another 10 baht. This time there will be no need to put money in the device as it has 88 baht stored against you particular number. Repeat until there is just 4 baht in credit left on the Boontherm and you have eight months of validity. Add another 50 baht note and repeat another four times until you have the max 12 months of validity in advance.

12 months of validity extension for 144 baht with 120 baht baht in credit left on the phone.

• Like 2

Well @Salerno, maybe that is one of the reasons I don't have 12 call. By the way I have had Dtac for almost 16 years, and never had a problem, they even give internettime for free now, which I occasionally use.

I just red that you have to top up 10 bath to get a month, with 12 Call, that is not bad either.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pitufikken said:

Well @Salerno, maybe that is one of the reasons I don't have 12 call.

It's a bit of a pain but not a dealbreaker; been with them for about 5 years with no problems and good coverage. Used to be with Dtac for a decade or so before but screwed up and let it die while I was out of the country; when I got back asked a friend in a bar to pop out and get me new SIM and she came back with AIS. Oh ... the other minor downside is their falling out with 7/11; again not a deal breaker IMO for those deciding what service to go with.

• Thanks 1

You are quite right @Salerno.

I did have 12 Call once, because at that time in Koh Phangan they vere the only ones that covered the place i lived. But unfortunately I lost my phone and the sim card, and in the meantime Dtac had improved. 

I have nothing against other phone companies in fact, most people I know have 12Call.

I hope the OP will find a solution to a small problem.

• Thanks 1

Sorted, thanks all. I just went to 7/11 and put 12 Baht as suggested, I can live with 12 Baht a month plus there will be some credit when I can't use Line.

I will also look into the Kasikorn 5 Baht deal later as I have the Kasikorn app on my phone.

Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Sorted, thanks all. I just went to 7/11 and put 12 Baht as suggested, I can live with 12 Baht a month plus there will be some credit when I can't use Line.

I will also look into the Kasikorn 5 Baht deal later as I have the Kasikorn app on my phone.

Thanks again.

12 baht? One month? Don't be a cheapskate, as you will only kick yourself if you forget and then lose access to your number. Unlikely, but it can happen.

As for Kasikorn: 

Face value AIS 3G Prepaid :20,50,100,150,200,250,300,350,400,450,500,800,1500

Maybe the 5 baht option shows only on the mobile banking application.

30 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

12 baht? One month? Don't be a cheapskate, as you will only kick yourself if you forget and then lose access to your number. Unlikely, but it can happen.

As for Kasikorn: 

Maybe the 5 baht option shows only on the mobile banking application.

Yes i see it's 20 baht min for Kasikorn. Using the AIS app it's definitely 10 baht, I'm pretty sure it was 5 baht which the AIS customer service told me about. See below

Screenshot_2021-10-19-16-11-02-830_com.adobe.reader~2.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Yes i see it's 20 baht min for Kasikorn. Using the AIS app it's definitely 10 baht, I'm pretty sure it was 5 baht which the AIS customer service told me about, maybe a year ago or so

Excuse me, but...??

I have no idea as to where your advice leads.

you can top up 5 baht for a month on your thai banking app, i used Kasikorn, i topped up several months

You stated Thai banking App and Kasikorn. So I checked online account. Now you suggest that Kasikorn is not 5 baht. So which Thai banking App?

Then you state the AIS app is minimum 10 baht, but some customer service person suggested that it is 5 baht...somewhere...but you don't know where.

Not at all confusing ????

Just now, Bruno123 said:

Excuse me, but...??

I have no idea as to where your advice leads.

You stated Thai banking App and Kasikorn. So I checked online account. Now you suggest that Kasikorn is not 5 baht. So which Thai banking App?

Then you state the AIS app is minimum 10 baht, but some customer service person suggested that it is 5 baht...somewhere...but you don't know where.

Not at all confusing ????

Yes slightly confusing, more for me as I couldn't remember clearly, but see amended post above. It wasn't Kasikorn but the AIS app

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes slightly confusing, more for me as I couldn't remember clearly, but see amended post above. It wasn't Kasikorn but the AIS app

Not a problem; everyone makes mistakes. 

Checking My AIS online. It shows 10 baht. Haven't seen a 5 baht option. Wild goose chase? ????

4 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Fair point but I have been stung so many times in the past by putting 100 Baht note on then data eating it up although now I have dual sim and data set up on my True sim.

I will be a cheapskate and put another 12 Baht on which will give me a months grace.

My True internet I pay around 21st along with my HD Prime subs so I will top up my phone at the same time, they will serve as my reminder.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Not a problem; everyone makes mistakes. 

Checking My AIS online. It shows 10 baht. Haven't seen a 5 baht option. Wild goose chase? ????

I have been with AIS for about 13 years and always use online banking to top up, that is also 10 baht min. I usually top up for several months at a time. More than enough for me, hardly use the phone, mainly for OTP on banking and when my wife disappears in the supermarket.

20 hours ago, pitufikken said:

I am not sure about 12call, but with Dtac you can buy extra time, it is 3 bath for a month.

That way you don't have to top up all the time.

I am sure 12 call have the same thing. It is part of good service.

You just have to find the servicenumber.

Hope that will help you.

I almost never use my phone and have something similar with AIS, but as far as I know it isn't available unless they offer it to you. It's 3 baht a month and available for six months. Outside of that offer, I transfer any credit I have to my wife's AIS number and buy another 50 baht credit, rinse and repeat.

Without reading the full post only the headline if your going away for a while just go into AIS and tell them you want a 3 month holiday it doesn’t cost you anything and your account and number will automatically reopen once the 3 month holiday comes to an end 3 BB also do this for your internet . I get billed by AIS every month costs me 319 baht think I get 200 minutes free calls to any Thai mobile plus internet I think txt messages cost 1 baht I rarely use the phone but make use of the internet if I’m somewhere that has no free internet 

Edited by crazykopite