A nightmare is unfolding.....

22 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

This is not a joke - build a pig-sty up against the fence line and pack it to the gunnels with oinkers.  Tit-for-tat and a peaceful demonstration of your ability to fire broadsides if necessary.

Now you are a man of my own thinking.  I don't get mad, I get even. Maybe he can find some of this as well and use to spray on the garden next to the fence also. People say the smell of this is so bad that it is 100 times worse than a true skunk. 

image.png.b823d4c778b9269b277b64b10148628e.png

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I assume there no zoning laws for residential or businesses or industrial like in other countries.

Maybe make him an offer to buy the business or to keep sound down. I can't imagine he'd get much business in the middle of nowhere so maybe it will stop of it's own accord.  

If he isn't cooperative is there something you can put nearby on your side of the land to dissuade him. Some waste or something. 

Great idea! Offer space to a local, rent-free, to build a shabby farrowing barn with 20 sows. Guy with a backhoe can dig a sewage lagoon in one morning. Keep the building cheap. It's temporary. 

Edited by LawrenceN
Missing detail
  • Haha 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

That's not a village, that's a suburb.

Moo Baan - village. Your wife's village is 15kms away from a 7/11. Ours 13. So, how does 2kms affect the way people behave.

Remember you said " moving to your wife's village will ALWAYS be a disaster."

I merely pointed out that you generalised and were incorrect.

Now you are nitpicking over 2kms to try to squirm out of it.

Good for a laugh anyway.

OK, I don't have direct experience but have followed these threads for years now. I can't imagine that it's pure coincidence that this guy sets up there just as you have half built a house.

It would certainly be a good way of getting you to sell up cheap when the house is done ...??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BusyB said:

OK, I don't have direct experience but have followed these threads for years now. I can't imagine that it's pure coincidence that this guy sets up there just as you have half built a house.

It would certainly be a good way of getting you to sell up cheap when the house is done ...??

Exactly......never crossed my mind until it was suggested here.

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

In my opinion, do absolutely nothing, continue with the build as irritating as it is, I say this because it sounds to me that his business won't last long being where I imagine it is and with music blaring.

Hopefully I am right and she shuts shop by the time you move in.

Or the intention is to force him to sell up cheap or buy them out expensive.

1 minute ago, BusyB said:

Or the intention is to force him to sell up cheap or buy them out expensive.

That seems to be what might be happening.......so easy to do when you think about it.

Look for a new build, move in next to it and make someone's life hell.

Have heard of and seen similar cases over the years - rarely does the farang win the battle, even if the police and courts get involved..

I now live in what I though was a quiet gated community - some holiday rentals in the estate.  Some times very noisy, even after midnight; screeming kids (Thai and farang) in the streets up to 10 - 11 pm.  Even during the lockdown/curfew the estate restaurant was open until late; no loud music, but noisy drunk fatangs.

Asked the Jurisric Office if all this was ok - was told no.   Will you do something about it?  Yes, we will. Some other residents also complained.  SFA happened.

TIT

• Sad 2

40 minutes ago, madmen said:

Soundproofing your house will dramatically reduce the noise 

Against BASS???? Good Luck with that!!

Edit: Look at my previous posts and see what we have done. even removed windows and ordering and installing Double Glazed Windows. Maybe helped to drown out a couple of dB but not a lot! BASS is the killer!

Edited by MJCM

5 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I want to back up here for a second...

Is that village your wife's home town? YES How long was she away in Bangkok before construction on her house started EIGHT WEEKS? Is the house she's building in any way nicer than the average house in town? YES OP's made the point that she's building that house with her hard earned money with no contribution from the OP CORRECT. Where is the wife telling everyone the money to build the house came from? SHE WORKED IN GERMANY FOR 14 YEARS WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 16 YEARS Her business? Scrimping and saving? Most villagers would automatically assume that a woman returning to her village with a foreign guy in tow met him in some sort of entertainment venue and that the foreign guy's the one who's financing the construction of the house TRUE. What I'm getting at is maybe jealousy about your wife's upwardly mobile social status or  some unsettled feud from when she last lived in the village is playing a role. Just throwing this out here, but...how well does your wife know this karaoke barista? GOOD POINT, NO IDEA If they both grew up in the village, she almost certainly has to know him to some degree. Maybe there's some bad blood circulating that OP doesn't know about. WILL CHECK THAT OUT....CHEERS

Answers above, just to add you are correct and I imagine most will think this is me waltzing into the village area as the big I am.......but it is genuinely all her money. She saved eight million baht working for the UK MOD in Germany.

3 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

If all else fails just buy a bigger sound system and when his karaoke comes on put your favorite song on. to drown his out.

Tempting, but then the tit-for-tat starts, escalates, and I end up in Jail.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

That seems to be what might be happening.......so easy to do when you think about it.

Look for a new build, move in next to it and make someone's life hell.

Not really, what do you think he is going to do with his new found wealth.

If you think of doing that you have to buy up all the land near to you, because he (or someone else) could buy it and start over!

And please don't forget our "Demon Shop" was 200 meters (approx) away from us. So we would have needed to buy all the land in between us and him. Not going to work!

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 3:14 PM, Will B Good said:

Any positive, constructive suggestions?

I've read many of your comments, you comment regularly. 

But I have never read anything positive or constructive from you. 

Anyway, all this best if this post is true, not something I would like to experience. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Now you are a man of my own thinking.  I don't get mad, I get even. Maybe he can find some of this as well and use to spray on the garden next to the fence also. People say the smell of this is so bad that it is 100 times worse than a true skunk. 

image.png.b823d4c778b9269b277b64b10148628e.png

Wow nice.

One problem what if the wind changes direction? Then the OP would be have another problem!!!! :whistling:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Not really, what do you think he is going to do with his new found wealth.

If you think of doing that you have to buy up all the land near to you, because he (or someone else) could buy it and start over!

And please don't forget our "Demon Shop" was 200 meters (approx) away from us. So we would have needed to buy all the land in between us and him. Not going to work!

I did suggest to the wife, if we went down that road we would have to ensure he signs a contract to not set up within 2km, say.......so his BIL sets up instead?????????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've read many of your comments, you comment regularly. 

But I have never read anything positive or constructive from you. 

Anyway, all this best if this post is true, not something I would like to experience. 

I am not the OP, but we experienced the same thing as the OP, and I fully understand the OP, he is looking for solutions!!

Edit: We were the same when it happened to us in the end (it took a while) we moved away! House is now empty!!

Edited by MJCM
  • Thanks 1