4 days no sugar

Pravda

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And how crazy is that? Why in the world should you ban sugar? it´s a perfect addition to many things regarding cooking and baking. It´s the easiest thing in the worls to not take more than 1 piece of sugar in the coffee or none at all. People should drink coffee because they like it, not because they love sugar. That´s just one example out of many.

After that you have all the coke, fanta and sprite that must be drunk all the time or given to children at low age. Why, have people forgot how good and lovely it is with a glas of cold water?

You are talking about banning the products, just because people can´t control their sugar intake. Really??? I think it´s time to grow some balls, say no to to much a show some self-control. What´s next? Are you going to ban food totally just because some people get fat? Maybe forbid the use of water because people are drowning every year? Just tell me your great concept for the people and the planet.

please confirm if you are a big size man. ie overweight for your age. Maybe some pics...

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And how crazy is that? Why in the world should you ban sugar? it´s a perfect addition to many things regarding cooking and baking. It´s the easiest thing in the worls to not take more than 1 piece of sugar in the coffee or none at all. People should drink coffee because they like it, not because they love sugar. That´s just one example out of many.

After that you have all the coke, fanta and sprite that must be drunk all the time or given to children at low age. Why, have people forgot how good and lovely it is with a glas of cold water?

You are talking about banning the products, just because people can´t control their sugar intake. Really??? I think it´s time to grow some balls, say no to to much a show some self-control. What´s next? Are you going to ban food totally just because some people get fat? Maybe forbid the use of water because people are drowning every year? Just tell me your great concept for the people and the planet.

• Just a LOT OF Wacko!   You post is totally out there. Do some research on what your going to post ahead of time. Ramble lin MAN Ramble on.
  • Why is sugar so bad for your body?

When you eat excess sugar, the extra insulin in your bloodstream can affect your arteries all over your body. It causes their walls to get inflamed, grow thicker than normal and more stiff, this stresses your heart and damages it over time. This can lead to heart disease, like heart failure, heart attacks, and strokes.                                                                      You should avoid drinking cold water. One of the main reasons to avoid drinking chilled water is because it has a serious implication on your digestion. Chilled water as well as some cold beverages contract the blood vessels and also restrict digestion. The natural process of absorbing nutrients during digestion is hindered when you consume chilled water.  Use sugar substitutes like Stevia or 100% Organic Erythritol,honey.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PaoloR said:

Salt is sodium chloride whether it comes from the sea, underground, or the Himalayas. Using a high priced heavily marketed salt when it is still sodium chloride is a waste of money. They all taste the same, the tongue is fooled by the difference between coarse ground and fine ground salt. They are not allowed to sell salt with any significant level of impurity, so check the label - if it is sodium chloride with anything more than 95% NaCl it will taste like - you guessed it! - salt.

I'd be lucky to use a teaspoonful in a month, I don't particularly like salt.

28 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Every couple of days an eighth of a teaspoon of salt with coconut water or electrolyte drink, or marmite or mangosteen or miss soup

I have electrolyte drinks a few times a month as a matter of course, I also have Marmite & Bovril ( I love both ), Peanut butter etc etc, my main point was that I don't add salt to the food I make or what's on my plate, I have looked in horror when out with some friends for dinner at the amount of salt they add to their food.

Sugar isn't bad for you but like many things too much is too much,

Try not using the word "addicted" it gives the impression psychologically that it needs treatment. i went to my Doctor in 2007 and discovered to my horror, I had high cholesterol, sugar and high triglycerides so I decided right then, no more added sugar. This added sugar amounted to 10 teaspoons a day in coffee and tea and with cereal.

It all tasted rather strange and I had to suffer it for a while. Only 7 weeks later, I went back for a re-test and the findings were remarkable - back into normal range, down more than 30% - I still have the figures if you would like to see them - they are impressive after such a short time.

Now, whoever puts sugar automatically in my coffee, I simply cannot drink it. My body loves that!

4 days already - send us another update in two weeks time and tell us you are glad you made that decision 18 days ago.

I am with you on this one. Keep going!

If there is one thing you should give up, it is processed meat - yes, I know you like it, so do I. But what I know about it in reality is enough for me not to eat any more of it!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have electrolyte drinks a few times a month as a matter of course, I also have Marmite & Bovril ( I love both ), Peanut butter etc etc, my main point was that I don't add salt to the food I make or what's on my plate, I have looked in horror when out with some friends for dinner at the amount of salt they add to their food.

I agree. I rarely use salt on food but do ensure I get sufficient in my diet. I too look askance at people who dump salt on food, often without tasting it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Sugar isn't bad for you but like many things too much is too much,

Try not using the word "addicted" it gives the impression psychologically that it needs treatment. i went to my Doctor in 2007 and discovered to my horror, I had high cholesterol, sugar and high triglycerides so I decided right then, no more added sugar. This added sugar amounted to 10 teaspoons a day in coffee and tea and with cereal.

It all tasted rather strange and I had to suffer it for a while. Only 7 weeks later, I went back for a re-test and the findings were remarkable - back into normal range, down more than 30% - I still have the figures if you would like to see them - they are impressive after such a short time.

Now, whoever puts sugar automatically in my coffee, I simply cannot drink it. My body loves that!

4 days already - send us another update in two weeks time and tell us you are glad you made that decision 18 days ago.

I am with you on this one. Keep going!

If there is one thing you should give up, it is processed meat - yes, I know you like it, so do I. But what I know about it in reality is enough for me not to eat any more of it!

I use Stevia as a sugar substitute

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I use Stevia as a sugar substitute

Yes, I know nothing of substitutes but I was brave enough to be without sugar or any help except my brain telling me I have to make a proper adjustment. I bit that "bullet" and it was hard for a week or so but my palate and my body were and still are, grateful for the complete break.

• Like 1

True...way too much salt and sugar in processed foods.  However...processed sugar is terrible.

For all the salt naysayers...

Salt plays a crucial role in maintaining human health. It is the main source of sodium and chloride ions in the human diet. Sodium is essential for nerve and muscle function and is involved in the regulation of fluids in the body. Sodium also plays a role in the body's control of blood pressure and volume.

Edited by Skeptic7

11 hours ago, internationalism said:

next step - vegetable/salad diet for a few days or even fasting. Just short, for try.

Another white death is salt

But you need to find the balance. A certain amount of salt is essential to good health. That's why ancient empires either taxed it or used it as money. The problem is much modern processed food adds lots of either sugar or salt (or both, I guess) because it tastes good.  I think naam blaa counts as salt. Anyway, keep an eye on the amount you take in. You can avoid sugar completely and have good health, but you can't entirely cut out salt.

sugar,,  the root of all things bad 

sugar causes  oxidation in the  blood vessels   which leads to inflammation,  which leads to plaquing,(blockage )

sugar / carbs      rice,  noodles, fruits,  especially juice  soda,   corn syrup,  iced tea bread

did anyone mention a fatty liver yet ?

and .  you need  salt ..  sea salt or better  pink himalaya,,    no salt/sodium.  and your potassium levels go out of whack

it's not rocket science..        but it is science    

I've heard how bad sugar is for you.

Keep it up.

You'll not only feel better you'll lose weight and look like a super model!

Theres a YouTube video of a couple who gave up sugar for one year.  They documented it.

Excellent and entertaining video.  (I can't remember the name.  It had millions of views, maybe you can search for it).

Give us an update if you can keep it up.

4 hours ago, bbabythai said:

please confirm if you are a big size man. ie overweight for your age. Maybe some pics...

Out of your comment I totally understand your choice of handle. Thank you?

Why would I be overweight? I know how to eat a balanced intake of different ingredients. Everyone can, if they just push themselves little bit and not fall for all the sweet and good stuff. And after that just blame it on the product. It´s not the products that is bad. It´s the humans that are malfunctioning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

When you eat excess sugar

I just said that you do not have to eat too much sugar. Neither do you have to drink too much cold water or too much of anything else. Please go back and read again. Maybe the baht will finally fall down.

22 hours ago, Pravda said:

Yep ...it's all sugar. 

It is. Sugar is a terrible substance for our health and has been put in so many processed foods. Learn how to read the labels and be shocked at how much sugar is in just about everything.

I gave it up last year, lost 10 kg and 2 inches without dieting.

Cheaper too, now I'm not buying cakes and sweets.

21 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Milk, processed meats, white flours, hydrogenated oils and sugar 

The 5 dietary dead ends to be avoided

I only gave up sugar and better for it. I think a life without the others would be very difficult to live. Not saying giving them up won't make a difference, but it's a step too far for me to bother about. I've lived a long life eating all the bad food and loads of sugar, and no problem if I cross the great divide now. IMO the world I have to live in has been taken over by the woke and social media dead heads, so IMO I'll be better off for not being in it.

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Since I've lived here I have: Stopped smoking, stopped taking sugar, use only skimmed milk & only use sea salt and that very sparingly, never use salt when cooking pasta or potatoes or put it on my food, 

I used to only drink skimmed milk, but I was told by those that know that it's worse for a pre diabetic than full milk, so I drink that now, but not by the glassful.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sugar isn't the enemy it's the junk you eat, the stuff you buy is full of fat, chocolate, cake, pastries, ice cream, crisps, biscuits, nuts. It's important you understand the difference

Hmmm. I gave up sugar and high sugar food and better for it, but still eat everything else.