Lovely dog for adoption Pattaya area.

Hi guys

i have a lovely female dog Tammy, she is four years old and she is blind. But she is extremely smart and responds to sit and lay down……she is a very happy and sweet dog, and runs around without bumping into any thing which I couldn’t do if I was blind. I think she may have been owned originally by a farang. I adopted her from Soi Dogs Phuket, but unfortunately my wife is terrified of dogs. I thought she would come round…..not happening.

if somebody is interested in adopting her I will give you everything I bought for her including a trampoline type bed, a harness, two leashes, bags of food and snacks I bought from Lazada, a baby gate for inside the house, a GPS for her collar. Tammy is also chipped. If you are a dog lover, you are welcome to come over and meet her.
Give me a PM if you are interested in Tammy.

Edited by CharlieH
telephone removed as per forum rules.

53 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Thanks for even considering her. I forgot to post a pic of her, and she weighs 22 kilos. If it doesn’t work out Soi Dogs will come from Phuket and pic her up, but I would love to find a home for her here then I could visit her…..she and I get along great. Within minutes of getting out of the transport we were bonding, and I walked around our property and she had it all down within 30 minutes. I was impressed.

A02EE049-653F-4B06-BC26-030F2E0C8D3B.jpeg

8F7213D7-CEC2-414B-99EE-ECE765F7F710.png

She doesn't seem blind....what percentage?

2 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

She is completely blind as far as I can tell. I called her and she came running towards the sound of my voice, but I stood perfectly still and she walked right past me. But she has amazing awareness of our property…..it is a hundred twenty feet to our gate and another sixty or so to the back of the house. She navigates around avoiding everything including cars, bicycles, fish pots, and supports for the car port extended roof. Great hearing and sense of smell.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2021 at 12:46 PM, HeijoshinCool said:

After more interactions with her I don’t think she is completely blind…..I think she can see dark and light to some degree. I can move my hand across her face and she will react to that. I’ve noticed other reactions when large things move…..when she walks with my son and myself for exercise for the boy, we go backwards and forwards on our driveway, she never bumps into us. Going to be difficult letting her go, but my wife is adamant the dog goes.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 10:40 AM, HeijoshinCool said:

If you don't get any takers, respond to this post anytime down the road and I'll consider it.

I'm in ASQ now, and have a pup in boarding as we speak. Hadn't even considered another dog, but hate to hear of your predicament. 

No guarantees, keep trying for a while.....

Cool

I am not getting any responses from the community. So if you would consider taking Tammy we would have to start initiating this over the next few days, otherwise she is back to Phuket and Soi Dogs. Let me know please.

• Sad 1

On 10/20/2021 at 3:34 PM, Mansell said:

She is completely blind as far as I can tell. I called her and she came running towards the sound of my voice, but I stood perfectly still and she walked right past me. But she has amazing awareness of our property…..it is a hundred twenty feet to our gate and another sixty or so to the back of the house. She navigates around avoiding everything including cars, bicycles, fish pots, and supports for the car port extended roof. Great hearing and sense of smell.

amazing sense of smell..

if anyone in cm area is considering adoption, i have a very sweet 3 y.o. female who needs more attention than i can give at this time. details on request. 

12 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I am not getting any responses from the community. So if you would consider taking Tammy we would have to start initiating this over the next few days, otherwise she is back to Phuket and Soi Dogs. Let me know please.

Boy, wish I could move forward, but I'm still in ASQ. After I'm out, I have at least 5 days in BKK on business. I would love to further consider her, but the timing is off and the logistics are a bit overwhelming, especially being on opposite sides of the country.

I wish you and Tammy the best. Please tell me Soi Dogs is a no kill shelter....

Don't mean to be presumptuous, but have you ever discussed with your wife about how Tammy would actually likely be protective of her, rather than dangerous to her? 

I have been around a lot of dogs, was a sheriff's K-9 handler back in the 80s, and looking at Tammy, I get the impression she would be very defensive of her family, blind or not.

Just a thought....

1 hour ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Boy, wish I could move forward, but I'm still in ASQ. After I'm out, I have at least 5 days in BKK on business. I would love to further consider her, but the timing is off and the logistics are a bit overwhelming, especially being on opposite sides of the country.

I wish you and Tammy the best. Please tell me Soi Dogs is a no kill shelter....

No, they don’t kill dogs there. They have over a thousand dogs, and they send them to Europe and America for adoptions. They brought Tammy to me from Phuket. They are a very impressive organization. Thanks for considering Tammy.

3 minutes ago, Mansell said:

No, they don’t kill dogs there. They have over a thousand dogs, and they send them to Europe and America for adoptions. They brought Tammy to me from Phuket. They are a very impressive organization. Thanks for considering Tammy.

I am actually sad that it didn't work out. But she'll be okay, she'll have friends to play with until adopted, and people are suckers for disabled dogs.

My pup is being cared for and was sad for a few days. They send me a video twice a day. The last couple of days she is having a blast playing with the other dogs. 

Regards,