Jump to content

When you Board an Aircraft on an International Flight, Do they Give you an Orchid BLossom?


Recommended Posts

Orchid blossoms are not all the same.

 

Some are purple, and some are not.

 

Here is a beautiful orchid blossom.

 

Not so easy to grow.

 

And, would you not rather have one of these to pin to your chest, boarding the aircraft, rather than one of those more plebeian blossoms which are, pretty much, a dime a dozen?

 

This is a true beauty.

 

What do you think?

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-15-20.thumb.png.7ea5fbb1239217e28494ca9076eff31b.png

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

<removed>. One airline used to do this but no longer does. What is your point in starting pointless threads? The non mentioned airline had been cautioned over this practice as a number of countr

Thread is a mystery to me. But maybe I am alone with that.

Why does it bug you that I am speaking the truth?   Subs travel faster underwater than they do over water.  This is a simple known fact.   They travel more efficiently underwater.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, marin said:

 One airline used to do this but no longer does. What is your point in starting pointless threads? The non mentioned airline had been cautioned over this practice as a number of countries do not allow flowers to be brought into their country, due to a possible problem with pests.

My apologies.

 

I have not boarded an aircraft in very many years.

 

Is it still required that one remove one's shoes before check in? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Years ago, one of the main reasons I flew Thai Air from HK to Taipei was because:

 

a.  Wonderful service.

b.  We always got an orchid blossom.

 

I really appreciated it.

 

Thai Air had GREAT service.

 

If I could not fly Thai Air from HK to Taipei, then I waited until I could.

 

I wish I could return to those halcyon days, and fly Thai Air, again.

 

Maybe I am just too old to fly, these days.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

My apologies.

 

I have not boarded an aircraft in very many years.

 

Is it still required that one remove one's shoes before check in? 

depends on the airport mate. LAX security make you take your shoes and belts off and tell you to empty your pockets of everything. i said everything! i asked the brother what to do with the spare hundred i had in my jeans pocket and he let me hold it in my hand.

 

yes i know, wearing jeans on an aeroplane is a tad uncouth but i've never quite mastered the art of the three-piece suit 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also...DRAGON AIR from HK to Shanghai used to be AMAZING.

 

That was a long time ago.

 

Plenty of CHEESE on board.

 

Full cheese plate in first class.

 

Not talking about Chicken Flying all around the plane.

 

Just, mostly, the cheese plate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

My apologies.

 

I have not boarded an aircraft in very many years.

 

Is it still required that one remove one's shoes before check in? 

it is after check in. going through the security,  but don't worry you can put them back on if you so choose

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thaitom said:

it is after check in. going through the security,  but don't worry you can put them back on if you so choose

if they have a body scanner, you can keep your clothes on,  just don't get an ******* during the scan they might think it's a weapon

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

depends on the airport mate. LAX security make you take your shoes and belts off and tell you to empty your pockets of everything. i said everything! i asked the brother what to do with the spare hundred i had in my jeans pocket and he let me hold it in my hand.

All that happens before check-in?       I'd venture to suggest that that is b_ollocks....

 

27 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Is it still required that one remove one's shoes before check in? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the day, about 40 years ago, all the stewardesses were high-class young women, extremely polite, and well educated, not to mention extremely solicitous to passengers' needs.

 

These days, just guessing, maybe you can tip for a lap dance?

 

I really do not know.

 

I plan to never fly again, unless it might be by parasail off a Phuket beach, for example.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Back in the day, about 40 years ago, all the stewardesses were high-class young women, extremely polite.

In the 80s?    You must be remembering the 30s, surely?

Link to post
Share on other sites

In point of fact:

 

There is very little doubt that most guys here, who are not my age, have not even an inkling of what it was like to fly... pre-1970.

 

It was Great!

 

Now, if you wish to get the same class of service, then you need to own your own plane, or lease one.

 

Even then, the experience is still not the same.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I plan to never fly again, unless it might be by parasail off a Phuket beach, for example.

God forbid that anything like this might happen to you ...

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Now, if you wish to get the same class of service, then you need to own your own plane, or lease one.

 

Even then, the experience is still not the same.

How could you know?  You said that you haven't been on a plane for "very many [52?] years".  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

God forbid that anything like this might happen to you ...

 

Please just check that this harness has not been fastened between his legs, as it should be.

Seems to be just hanging down, like a useless jockstrap, or something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:
2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Obviously, you've never seen the inside of a submarine.

You mean a boomer?

No, I mean exactly what I posted, it's obvious that you've never seen the inside of a submarine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...