60 day COVID extension. Until when will it continue?

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Surprised by above two replies.

Yes it's guess work, however covid extensions are due to stop late November which is not far away.

Land borders look very unlikely to be open prior to that time.

Only an opinion but my money would firmly on covid extensions being extended for 2 more months past late Nov.

Isn't 26 November the last day to apply? That would mean the program ends 26 January 2022, correct?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Isn't 26 November the last day to apply? That would mean the program ends 26 January 2022, correct?

That is the last day to apply for the 60 day extension.

The length of a extension done on the last day means nothing as for the order allowing them. 

• Like 1

A friend did the extension at Chaeng Watthana last week. The immigration officer who approved it (60 days) said that the current rule is that the 26th of November is the final day to apply, but that people can come before the 26th of November to apply for a COVID extension.

From my personal experience, the immigration officers would tell me in the past it was the last extension to be given, but then the 60-day COVID extension rule was itself extended, so that hasn't happened yet.

The officer would not speculate with my friend on whether or not the extensions would continue, but my personal opinion is it will depend on the Nov. 01 reopening. If it is as quiet as it seems it might be, then I can see 1 more extension to get everyone through to Jan. 2022. But who knows...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I think Ubonjoe and DrJack are most likely correct. I think they 60 extensions will continue until the borders open (and there is no 'quarantine') and visas are available in the neighboring Countries (Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia) without having to quarantine. IMHO

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I think Ubonjoe and DrJack are most likely correct. I think they 60 extensions will continue until the borders open (and there is no 'quarantine') and visas are available in the neighboring Countries (Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia) without having to quarantine. IMHO

I think that makes sense.

Here is para from Pattaya News.

Again just one person's take on it.

......."Apart from routine business such as 90 day reports, the last week of the month also sees the expiration of the special 60-days Covid visas for tourists unable or unwilling to return home.  These are currently available until late next month. It is not known if the discretionary permits might be renewable after that time. It could depend on whether the land borders reopen for tourist traffic".

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I think that makes sense.

Here is para from Pattaya News.

Again just one person's take on it.

......."Apart from routine business such as 90 day reports, the last week of the month also sees the expiration of the special 60-days Covid visas for tourists unable or unwilling to return home.  These are currently available until late next month. It is not known if the discretionary permits might be renewable after that time. It could depend on whether the land borders reopen for tourist traffic".

Has the government mentioned anything about when they are planning on reopening the land borders?

I just looked up and couldn't find any information on it.

• Haha 1

Richard Parrot the TAT agent told us that his informers informed him that it would end soon...

The same guy with so good connections that he makes a drama yearly when it's time to renew his visa because he lies that he might not have it renewed !

A real champion !

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2021 at 12:06 AM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

It is very likely that the emergency order will NOT be extended this time if the country continues to reopen.

But anything can happen between now, and then.

And also that you increase prices as you already warned all your victims ? How can you even pretend that it's not a pure greedy choice that YOU make ? Because it is, you are just trying to get more and more $$$ from your victims.

Only ridiculous people who know nothing keep telling since a year that it will not be extended...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BKK4 said:

From my personal experience, the immigration officers would tell me in the past it was the last extension to be given, but then the 60-day COVID extension rule was itself extended, so that hasn't happened yet.

as if they knew or could even think about anything smart...

you are so funny.

3 hours ago, leba said:

Richard Parrot the TAT agent told us that his informers informed him that it would end soon...

The same guy with so good connections that he makes a drama yearly when it's time to renew his visa because he lies that he might not have it renewed !

A real champion !

Who's "Richard Parrot"? Where did you see this? 

Edited by ThLT

The really unfortunate part of this is that many long stay foreign professionals working in the hospitality industry have been out of work since March 2020. They've used up their retirement or spouse visa money.

Good reason to keep the extension. It's going to be a l-o-n-g time before the land borders open.

• Sad 1

Its a political decision, so one can only speculate.

On one hand, it makes sense to stop covid-specific accommodations when the country is reopening for air travel without quarantine and some of its neighbors are doing the same.

On the other hand, evicting the existing long-term tourists before the promised hordes of short-term tourists arrive would cause a huge shock to that portion of the tourism industry that currently has customers.

• Like 1