Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

Yesterday I decided to reapply because I think some of the information and documents I supplied were incorrect. For example, I uploaded the Agoda booking confirmation document instead of the confirmation from the hotel indicating that the Test & Go package was purchased. I also wanted to receive the Access Codes that are now provided. So at least now I have Access Codes to check the status of our applications.

In reapplying, I discovered that the passport jpegs I provided weren’t correct. I had included part of the signature page which they show as incorrect, so I edited the passport jpegs to show only the page with the photo ID.

My state (Maryland) in the US doesn’t provide a QR code for the vaccination record, so I expect the Thailand Pass verification process to take more time. My main concern about my latest submission is that I don’t know specifically what number I should use for the Booking ID. On the first application I used the Agoda Booking ID. On the second application I used a number that appears as the Reservation number on the Test & Go package confirmation. However, there is a Reference number on the Agoda booking confirmation but the Test & Go confirmation doesn’t include that number. It also doesn’t include other information from the hotel reservation such as the number of rooms, the number of nights, or the cost of the reservation. It does list the names of the travelers and the date of the first night that was booked. I’m waiting on an email from the hotel telling me what they have as the Booking ID. At least I have time to get this corrected if the applications are rejected.

I'm still unsure if any insurance at all will cover a negative tested, forcibly quarantined person.

Why isn't the TH gov. clear about this situation? It will be a <deleted>show once word gets out.

Situation: you followed all bureaucratic and draconian steps to meet all requirements of the Thailand pass, double vaxxed, tested negative twice but then by bad luck the passenger next to you tests positive. You then either forcibly follow a quarantine program in your hotel or hospitel for 14 days, ruining your holiday and costing you a lot of money, or standing ground and ending up in IDC immigration prison. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pasak said:

I was basing insurance costs on AXA's prices who seem to be the yardstick. I did try UK companies but found them to be more expensive. I think salerno mentioned All Clear Travel Insurance @ GBP145/year but I found them much more than that when I enquired. 

Meanwhile do you suppose immigration would give a 30 day visa exempt even with a return air ticket for 3 months from date of entry? I can't remember if they look at the air ticket when you enter the country. 

I used All Clear and even with a pre existing condition it was £144 but I did not take up the cancellation cover - maybe that's the difference?

You will almost certainly not be allowed to enter on 30 day exempt if you have a ticket that returns 3 months later - you probably won't get past check-in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I used All Clear and even with a pre existing condition it was £144 but I did not take up the cancellation cover - maybe that's the difference?

You will almost certainly not be allowed to enter on 30 day exempt if you have a ticket that returns 3 months later - you probably won't get past check-in.

You'd need to buy a fly out from Thailand within 30 days (or  is it 29 ?) after arrival so that the immigration let you go through.

That's literally what the Thai embassy told me yesterday on the phone and telling me that their e-visa system was broken and i will probably not get my visa on time.

TBH i already knew that trick but i was just surprised to hear it from the embassy.

There appears to be a new bug in the Thailand Pass system.

I've just been talking to a friend in Norway (Thai) - she's made 3 applications today - all of them approved and all of them have every date 1 day out.  Her date of birth is wrong, date of arrival, dates of both vaccines - all 1 day before they should be.  She thought she'd done something wrong - hence trying 3 times but each time its come back the same. She's flying with her daughter and her Pass is the same - 1 day out.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

You'd need to buy a fly out from Thailand within 30 days (or  is it 29 ?) after arrival so that the immigration let you go through.

That's literally what the Thai embassy told me yesterday on the phone and telling me that their e-visa system was broken and i will probably not get my visa on time.

TBH i already knew that trick but i was just surprised to hear it from the embassy.

Yes, I meant to say that - a throw away, the cheapest ticket you can find.  I believe there's even a company that supply 'tickets' - I wouldn't recommend that. If I was doing that, I normally look around the Thai websites for what's on promotion and take it. There are often (used to be) 1 way tickets to Malaysia etc, for sub 1000 baht.

Edited by KhaoYai

Just now, KhaoYai said:

Yes, I meant to say that - a throw away, the cheapest ticket you can find.  I believe there's even a company that supply 'tickets' - I wouldn't recommend that, if I was doing that I normally look around the Thai websites for what's on promotion and take it.

Yup just take a cheap flight to Vietnam or Penang.

Be careful air asia seem to blacklist the CC you used if you do a no show (already happened on 2 of my CC in the past).

2 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Yup just take a cheap flight to Vietnam or Penang.

Be careful air asia seem to blacklist the CC you used if you do a no show (already happened on 2 of my CC in the past).

Last time I did it, I decided to do it for real. I bought a ticket to Singapore on Tiger Airlines for less than 1000 baht and decided, why the hell not.  I had a day and a night in SG and came back on Air Asia for around 1500.

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

am being constructive telling everyone it's easy whereas you're making it sound very very difficult, which it is not.

Why don't you try being more positive instead of glass 1/2 M T??

You can lead a horse to water but...............

OK you carry on if you think you're being helpful - I doubt many others see your posts that way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pepper9187 said:

The e-visa system is broken?

4 minutes ago, Millerman said:

Pepper9187...   Evisa system down

Can I ask which Embassy this is.    I have an application in with London and, according to the dashboard, it's not moving.

Paris. When did you apply ?

It's been edit : almost 9 days now for me, while all my friends had their visa within 24-48 hours.

So if you applied less then 48 hours ago i wouldn't worry, if more, I'd call them tomorrow just to make sure.

Edited by Pepper9187
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 4:50 PM, Paradise Pete said:

I was approved, and on my hotel's confirmation letter this line was the only indication of it:

Remarks: Total price include: 1-way transfer, meals during stay, 1 time RT-PCR

Hi Pete.

Happy to see you got approved.

Are you in Thailand now?

Quick question: When you scanned your QR code (created by gogetdoc/Vaxyes), Did the scan display a image of your vaccination card having the doses documented? Nothing else.

Thanks.

Tom.

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Last time I did it, I decided to do it for real. I bought a ticket to Singapore on Tiger Airlines for less than 1000 baht and decided, why the hell not.  I had a day and a night in SG and came back on Air Asia for around 1500.

Damn i've been trying to look for a cheap airasia flight from BKK to vietnam or KL or penang and i can't find anything.

Have they completely stop these flights because of the covid ? Where could i book, any idea !?

14 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

The e-visa system is broken?

Seems that way. I was told by the Consulate in DC that the system is down until Monday and no visas are being issued this week. I don’t know if that’s system wide. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bubba said:

Seems that way. I was told by the Consulate in DC that the system is down until Monday and no visas are being issued this week. I don’t know if that’s system wide. 

<deleted>.

My embassy give me the false hope that it was maybe going to be fixed tomorrow, they probably just said that so that i shut up (i'm leaving on monday and i've already amended all my bookings once because of that issue, DAMN)

• Sad 2

Someone on a FB forum just posted that they contacted someone about the status of their pass and got this response...multiple people have apparently reported that their embassies have told them the same thing. So, if you apply multiple times, only your most recent one gets considered.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 12.44.11 PM.png

12 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Damn i've been trying to look for a cheap airasia flight from BKK to vietnam or KL or penang and i can't find anything.

Have they completely stop these flights because of the covid ? Where could i book, any idea !?

Yes it probably is a Covid thing bit as far as I know - Vietnam is still closed to tourists, that's probably why you can't find any flights. I believe Malaysia opens 1 January.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

There appears to be a new bug in the Thailand Pass system.

I've just been talking to a friend in Norway (Thai) - she's made 3 applications today - all of them approved and all of them have every date 1 day out.  Her date of birth is wrong, date of arrival, dates of both vaccines - all 1 day before they should be.  She thought she'd done something wrong - hence trying 3 times but each time its come back the same. She's flying with her daughter and her Pass is the same - 1 day out.

Yes, this is what I experienced yesterday. I've been waiting for confirmation that it wasn't just me. Now I want to see how many countries this affects.

I've been considering doing it again, but this time doing all the dates one day later than actual dates, because yesterday I got the dates one day earlier than they should be. My two QR codes both come back as valid. And unless their system chokes on the wrong dates, I should have two with correct entered data but wrong dates shown, and one with wrong dates entered, but correct dates shown.

3 minutes ago, goldmagpie said:

Yes, this is what I experienced yesterday. I've been waiting for confirmation that it wasn't just me. Now I want to see how many countries this affects.

I've been considering doing it again, but this time doing all the dates one day later than actual dates, because yesterday I got the dates one day earlier than they should be. My two QR codes both come back as valid. And unless their system chokes on the wrong dates, I should have two with correct entered data but wrong dates shown, and one with wrong dates entered, but correct dates shown.

That's exactly what I told my friend to try but better to leave it a few days and see if it gets fixed first.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

That's exactly what I told my friend to try but better to leave it a few days and see if it gets fixed first.

I sent an e-mail about the bug, but couldn't be sure if it was just me or a general bug. We need to know if this affects everybody or just specific countries too.

But my e-mail will be stuck in a long queue, so we need an alternate way to get their attention. I got someone on the phone yesterday too, but he seemed blase about it, claiming nobody would check my birthdate. I'm not willing to take a chance on that, though. So question is if he'd had tens, maybe hundreds of phone calls with the same problem and decided to try to calm everybody down, or if that was the first and he honestly didn't know there was a bug.

BTW, never been so happy for the DTAC call app as this year. I'm losing count of the number of calls to Thailand to get everything done. Highly recommended. Works on even somewhat older Android phones, and works just as well abroad as in Thailand, unlike WiFi-calling.

Edited by goldmagpie
Adding bit about DTAC call

11 minutes ago, goldmagpie said:

But my e-mail will be stuck in a long queue, so we need an alternate way to get their attention. I got someone on the phone yesterday too, but he seemed blase about it, claiming nobody would check my birthdate. I'm not willing to take a chance on that, though. So question is if he'd had tens, maybe hundreds of phone calls with the same problem and decided to try to calm everybody down, or if that was the first and he honestly didn't know there was a bug.

On my friend's pass, all the dates are wrong.

Its all very well them saying you'll be fine - you probably would be on entry to Thailand. The problem could come with the airlines.  I know from personal experience that they are absolutely paranoid at the moment - everything has to be 100%, they are scared of being fined.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

I said I wouldn't recommend this and I'm not - I'm just saying it could be a solution if you just need a ticket for entry.  Select an airline that is actually operating flights though ????.

https://aironwardticket.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAm7OMBhAQEiwArvGi3FB3NFjdbn7HgwACLTUbQdWCM9iaMtvBcqHwi_h2TAed2RqR75ZnIhoCo2gQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

On my friend's pass, all the dates are wrong.

Its all very well them saying you'll be fine - you probably would be on entry to Thailand. The problem could come with the airlines.  I know from personal experience that they are absolutely paranoid at the moment - everything has to be 100%, they are scared of being fined.

Exactly. Not taking that chance!

We need to hear from others who have applied yesterday or today. From Norway and other countries. Are the dates wrong or correct?

Can someone talk to the developers, or say Richard Barrow?

• Like 1