Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When and where would you of been traveling from.

You mentioned a trip to Cambodia in a post. 

It is not me, I am doing it for a Cambodian relative coming here. She will travel from Cambodia to Thailand next week, arriving 24 November by air.

Nothing to do with my trip to Cambodia in December.

26 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It is not me, I am doing it for a Cambodian relative coming here. She will travel from Cambodia to Thailand next week, arriving 24 November by air.

The message you got is different from what others have gotten.

If it does not change soon it might worthwhile to do a new registration.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The message you got is different from what others have gotten.

If it does not change soon it might worthwhile to do a new registration.

Thanks I will give it till tomorrow then reapply.

I did finally get through to someone on the help line, just said "technical problem with the system" and took the detals to "look into it".

On 11/15/2021 at 5:24 AM, PabloSanDiego said:

e.  The flight attendants gave us the same old immigration arrival/departure card but also a “Questionnaire” called a Form T.8 with a bunch of COVID questions. What’s odd is nobody asked for it at the airport, I still have it. I asked the first checker and also the immigration agent, nobody wanted to even look at it.

Missed that earlier.  The T8 form was in the list of requirements for COE but its not on the list of required documents for Exemption from Quarantine and is probably not required if using any other entry schemes.  Maybe nobody bothered to tell the staff they're no longer required - they are probably still printing them.

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I uploaded everything in Thailand Pass today and got email confirming regustration almiost immediately. But when I tried to check status a few hours later it says "The information is not registered."

Anyone else have this experience? Should I be worried?

This happened to my daughter's application. Does your access code start with a zero? I ask because my son's and wife's registrations succeeded, but my daughter's didn't and the only thing I could think of was that her access code starts with a zero and I've seen software have issues with leading zeros. I ended up applying again for her.

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Missed that earlier.  The T8 form was in the list of requirements for COE but its not on the list of required documents for Exemption from Quarantine and is probably not required if using any other entry schemes.  Maybe nobody bothered to tell the staff they're no longer required - they are probably still printing them.

The T8 form was given to me by the Finnair flight attendants the same time they passed out the usual immigration form. I suppose they don't want to bother asking every passenger what scheme they are entering under, so they just hand it out to everyone. It takes about 1 minute to complete so it's no big deal.

Today I registered for the fourth time for my son. They made a bit of a change (or perhaps I never noticed this before) to the field where I enter the name of the hotel. There is a list of hotels to choose from and his hotel was listed but with a slightly different name than I had used previously. Once I selected the hotel, the address for his accommodations were automatically entered and stippled out to indicate that the address wasn't editable.

For this registration, I made sure to use a jpeg that included both the Agoda booking confirmation and the Test & Go Package purchase both of which show that they have been paid for in full. Hopefully the fourth time is a charm.

For the $50k of COVID insurance coverage, can anyone recommend a cheap plan in Thailand that I can buy online that will meet the Thailand Pass requirements?

I have COVID coverage through my Cigna International Insurance but cant find a declaration from them showing that nor the dollar amount.

14 minutes ago, Sterling said:

For the $50k of COVID insurance coverage, can anyone recommend a cheap plan in Thailand that I can buy online that will meet the Thailand Pass requirements?

I have COVID coverage through my Cigna International Insurance but cant find a declaration from them showing that nor the dollar amount.

AXA is what I purchased for my family members travelling to Thailand. For 30 days the cost was BHT 2,250 per person.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sterling said:

There are some suggestions in the thread I started reading "Where to find Thailand Pass required insurance...", but I cannot vouch for any. I just bought a Seven Corners travel policy through Square Mouth, but since I have not submitted it yet to the online system, I have no way of knowing if it will be accepted. Be aware that the requirements are rather in chaos at this point. It may be that the online system is currently accepting almost anything, but don't take my word for it. Good luck to us all.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, donx said:

This happened to my daughter's application. Does your access code start with a zero? I ask because my son's and wife's registrations succeeded, but my daughter's didn't and the only thing I could think of was that her access code starts with a zero and I've seen software have issues with leading zeros. I ended up applying again for her.

No, starts with a 1

9 hours ago, donx said:

Today I registered for the fourth time for my son. They made a bit of a change (or perhaps I never noticed this before) to the field where I enter the name of the hotel. There is a list of hotels to choose from and his hotel was listed but with a slightly different name than I had used previously. Once I selected the hotel, the address for his accommodations were automatically entered and stippled out to indicate that the address wasn't editable.

For this registration, I made sure to use a jpeg that included both the Agoda booking confirmation and the Test & Go Package purchase both of which show that they have been paid for in full. Hopefully the fourth time is a charm.

yes this is the latest problem. Like all the changes they seem to make, made things worse.  I am now re-applying since, despitre getting confirmation email, when I check status it says "Information not registered". Only now I CANNOT apply because it will nto let me enter the hotel name and the hotel (which I have verified is SHA++ approved) is not listed.

:crazy:

27 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Only now I CANNOT apply because it will nto let me enter the hotel name and the hotel (which I have verified is SHA++ approved) is not listed.

Not all SHA+ will be listed it the are not participating in the test and go program. There a many AQ hotels that are doing the the test and go.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

yes this is the latest problem. Like all the changes they seem to make, made things worse.  I am now re-applying since, despitre getting confirmation email, when I check status it says "Information not registered". Only now I CANNOT apply because it will nto let me enter the hotel name and the hotel (which I have verified is SHA++ approved) is not listed.

:crazy:

A nightmare. How do we find out what hotels are listed? This must have just happened.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not all SHA+ will be listed it the are not participating in the test and go program. There a many AQ hotels that are doing the the test and go.

This hotel is participating in Test & Go. I have verified that/

The list seems very short relative to the number of participating hotels.

Menu was just added in last 24 hours, when I did this yesterday I could type in the hotel name, now cannot.

The hotel name appears if I check on AQ rather than SHA++. But I fear that if I check that they will expect confirmation of a 7 day booking.  Any advice?

And does anyone know an agent who will do this? Time is getting very, very short. She is coming to help care for a family member undergoing surgery so there is no leeway on travel dates.

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

This hotel is participating in Test & Go. I have verified that/

The list seems very short relative to the number of participating hotels.

Menu was just added in last 24 hours, when I did this yesterday I could type in the hotel name, now cannot.

The hotel name appears if I check on AQ rather than SHA++. But I fear that if I check that they will expect confirmation of a 7 day booking.  Any advice?

And does anyone know an agent who will do this? Time is getting very, very short. She is coming to help care for a family member undergoing surgery so there is no leeway on travel dates.

Update - after a futile phone call with the "support line" in desperation I checked "AQ" rather than SHA++ so that I coukd get the hotel name to appear.  Submitted everything, got the confirmation code. Fingers now crossed.

I would still be interested in using an agent of anyone knows one who can get quick turn around. As we have now less than 7 days (website claims 5-7 days is the  turn around time, for whatever little that might be worth).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sterling said:

I just applied with my Cigna global policy. I asked from them and received a side-letter where they confirm Covid cover and the amount.

• Like 2

Submitted my application last night. Fingers crossed. Crazy that pdfs are not accepted and you have to convert to jpg or png. It was certainly good to know that beforehand.

Despite saying on the opening screen of instructions that your Visa should be provided if necessary, there was nowhere to upload it. Just your passport page. Not even a question on what basis you were entering. I was expecting to have to upload my Non-O extension and re-entry permit. Still, I guess they can just look that up on their immigration computer system.

• Like 1

Ha, the plot thickens!

I got QR code after registering twice -

1) the first one, despite receipt of confirmation email, kept showing as "information not registered" when I checked status.

2) the second one ran into the hotel name issue, finally I just selected "AQ" rather than "SHA+" as the hotel appeared on the AQ list but not the SHA+ list (it is in fact approved for both).

I have no idea which of these 2 registrations led to the QR code.

Then about an hour later I got this email:

"Thailand Pass system has rejected your registration due to please submit vaccine certificate showing vaccine name and date of vaccination".

Presumably referring to a different registration than the one that yielded the QR code.

Thing is, I uploaded the same vaccine card and the same vaccine card QR code on both registrations.

The vaccine card is in Khmer so they would indeed have no way to tell the name of the vaccine etc but its QR code links to Ministry of Health site with all the details in English.

Go figure. It seems entirely arbitrary.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Sterling said:

You can request it, someone else reported getting the necessary documentation  from CIGNA.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Ha, the plot thickens!

I got QR code after registering twice -

1) the first one, despite receipt of confirmation email, kept showing as "information not registered" when I checked status.

2) the second one ran into the hotel name issue, finally I just selected "AQ" rather than "SHA+" as the hotel appeared on the AQ list but not the SHA+ list (it is in fact approved for both).

I have no idea which of these 2 registrations led to the QR code.

Then about an hour later I got this email:

"Thailand Pass system has rejected your registration due to please submit vaccine certificate showing vaccine name and date of vaccination".

Presumably referring to a different registration than the one that yielded the QR code.

Thing is, I uploaded the same vaccine card and the same vaccine card QR code on both registrations.

The vaccine card is in Khmer so they would indeed have no way to tell the name of the vaccine etc but its QR code links to Ministry of Health site with all the details in English.

Go figure. It seems entirely arbitrary.

You should be able to check the status of each of your submissions by using the access code. Hopefully, one of them will indicate that the application was approved.

So far every time I check, I only see "reviewing" or I get an error. This is for all of the access codes that were generated for 3 different people.

5 minutes ago, donx said:

You should be able to check the status of each of your submissions by using the access code. Hopefully, one of them will indicate that the application was approved.

So far every time I check, I only see "reviewing" or I get an error. This is for all of the access codes that were generated for 3 different people.

I tried that. BOTH of them now show "information is not registered".

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I tried that. BOTH of them now show "information is not registered".

After getting that error, try clicking the submit button again. On my son's last access code, I got that error, but without leaving that page, I clicked the submit button again and then it found the application and said that the status is reviewing.

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Update - after a futile phone call with the "support line" in desperation I checked "AQ" rather than SHA++ so that I coukd get the hotel name to appear.  Submitted everything, got the confirmation code. Fingers now crossed.

I would still be interested in using an agent of anyone knows one who can get quick turn around. As we have now less than 7 days (website claims 5-7 days is the  turn around time, for whatever little that might be worth).

Agent assistance for applying (2,750 thb fee):

https://asq.in.th/thailand-pass

Edited by TheAppletons
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, donx said:

After getting that error, try clicking the submit button again. On my son's last access code, I got that error, but without leaving that page, I clicked the submit button again and then it found the application and said that the status is reviewing.

I assume you mean the "check profile" button?

Doesn't work. Same result.

At this point I have gotten their reply (1 QR code and 1 rejection on grounds that don't make sense). I suppose it is possible that once they have decided, the case is no longer available in check status.

Bu the first submission said "not registered" from the very beginning (hence the second application)and I tried repeating the check then, did not help.

Frankly, from reading this thread I  am not sure there is any rhyme or reason to many of the results. Outcome seems pretty arbitrary. Reminds me of the Mor Prom app  to register for vaccination when it first came out. I think in addition to having many bugs the site is simply overwhelmed and the only "secret" is to keep re-applying if not successful at first. Which, of course, means the system remains inundated.  But for those whose travel is time sensitive and can't wait, no other option.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I assume you mean the "check profile" button?

Doesn't work. Same result.

At this point I have gotten their reply (1 QR code and 1 rejection on grounds that don't make sense). I suppose it is possible that once they have decided, the case is no longer available in check status.

Bu the first submission said "not registered" from the very beginning (hence the second application)and I tried repeating the check then, did not help.

Frankly, from reading this thread I  am not sure there is any rhyme or reason to many of the results. Outcome seems pretty arbitrary. Reminds me of the Mor Prom app  to register for vaccination when it first came out. I think in addition to having many bugs the site is simply overwhelmed and the only "secret" is to keep re-applying if not successful at first. Which, of course, means the system remains inundated.  But for those whose travel is time sensitive and can't wait, no other option.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be much consistency with this process. You are right about clicking "check profile".

Some times doing what I say works and other times is just keeps saying it's "not registered". Then I'll start the check status feature a while later and the status will show "reviewing". Same information, different result.

I tried to submit all of my son's information yet again for the fifth time using a different email address, but it always fails on the last page where I enter his insurance information and click the Submit button. I think I have to wait until later today. They seem to reject registering the same information too soon after the last registration.