Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

42 minutes ago, raptorea said:

Yes I was wondering only about the arrival date changing I arrive on the same flight number I used when applying however I thought it was close to midnight on the 30th but when I checked it was actually midnight on the 1st of Dec so my hotel is different dates now then what I had applied for but I am thinking it won't be an issue to arrive one day late. 

Just to be clear my Thailand pass test and go is approved for arrival on November 30th, However I am now arriving on December 1st. My flight number that I used when applying did not change only the date of arrival to the 1st of December. I also changed my hotel to match the dates of arrival on the 1st and check out on the 2nd. I switched to a different hotel than I had applied for but the hotel is approved for test and go and all is legit with my reservation. My only concern is

getting to Thailand on Dec 1st when actually I am approved to arrive on November 30th. I guess I am looking too much into this??

1 hour ago, raptorea said:

Just to be clear my Thailand pass test and go is approved for arrival on November 30th, However I am now arriving on December 1st. My flight number that I used when applying did not change only the date of arrival to the 1st of December. I also changed my hotel to match the dates of arrival on the 1st and check out on the 2nd. I switched to a different hotel than I had applied for but the hotel is approved for test and go and all is legit with my reservation. My only concern is

getting to Thailand on Dec 1st when actually I am approved to arrive on November 30th. I guess I am looking too much into this??

In my opinion, since you have a different hotel with a different test & go package, it may be wise for you to reapply for the Thailand Pass with the proper test and go hotel receipt. Then again, I don’t know if they even check that information on arrival. I don’t think it does any harm to reapply with the correct information and documents. I received multiple QR codes for my wife and daughter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raptorea said:

A 72 hour or less change is allowed.

A long as your new hotel is aware of your arrival time so the can meet you with transport and arrange the covid test it will not be a problem.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, raptorea said:

ok now I get it.  With all those changes, I'd reapply ASAP.  There should still be time.  If you don't get the second approval, then maybe try on the pass you have now.

My docs got scrutinized pretty closely every step of the way. I'd be nervous not having dates match up.

No idea what other people's experiences with Thailand Pass applications are at the moment but they certainly seem to have improved the system.

I was asked to help 2 elderly gentlemen, due to travel to Thailnd by doing their applications. I tried both last night, the first was approved immediately - within 2 minutes.  The second I had to abort due to issues with the QR code on his vaccination certificates - despite repeated attempts I kept getting the Invalid message.  It took a while to discover what the problem was (I think) - both of his vaccine record QR's scanned on my phone so I wasn't expecting any problems.

At first I couldn't see anything wrong with the QR codes but when I expanded them on my laptop there were 2 intermittent lines running horizontally across both of them - akin to a printer error.  I have asked for a new certificate, hopefully that will fix the problem.  I still don't understand why the codes scanned with the QR scanner on my phone yet the Thailand Pass system rejected them but fingers crossed it doesn't happen with the new certificate - its just over a week until they fly.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:48 AM, NanaSomchai said:

Look at it on the bright side; a JPG/PNG/GIF is easier to ummm... "manipulate" than a PDF file, 555.

FYI: A PDF file "kind of" retains metadata that contains when/who was it last modified, a JPG/PNG/GIF doesn't.

Irrelevant unless you plan to illegaly forge health documents.

• Like 1

One week left until i go to the airport. I am a bit nervous though. Not concerned about the test before the flight, i should be negative, as i don´t have much contact with other people and i am careful, keeping distance, wear the mask etc.

But a bit worried about the ATK i may (or may not) get at the check-in at the hotel. Naturally i will not spend the 6 days before i have to test again inside my hotel, but have to use the train, go to restaurants and all that.

I really hope the self test will be ignored like i read here on the forum.

18 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

No idea what other people's experiences with Thailand Pass applications are at the moment but they certainly seem to have improved the system.

I was asked to help 2 elderly gentlemen, due to travel to Thailnd by doing their applications. I tried both last night, the first was approved immediately - within 2 minutes.  The second I had to abort due to issues with the QR code on his vaccination certificates - despite repeated attempts I kept getting the Invalid message.  It took a while to discover what the problem was (I think) - both of his vaccine record QR's scanned on my phone so I wasn't expecting any problems.

At first I couldn't see anything wrong with the QR codes but when I expanded them on my laptop there were 2 intermittent lines running horizontally across both of them - akin to a printer error.  I have asked for a new certificate, hopefully that will fix the problem.  I still don't understand why the codes scanned with the QR scanner on my phone yet the Thailand Pass system rejected them but fingers crossed it doesn't happen with the new certificate - its just over a week until they fly.

New vaccination certificate received, applied for the other gent again - again, instant approval. I think if you have good copies of everything and are fortunate enough to have a QR code on your vaccination certificates, you won't have a problem.

Edited by KhaoYai

I am getting ready to submit my 2nd Thailand Pass application for my 2nd trip under the program. I have some time as I don't depart until the 8th, but I'd like to get the instant approval. Last time I submitted the California State QR code and had to wait 5 days.

My question is for any Americans out there who got instant approval or anyone else who might help.  I have 2 vaccine QR Codes. One from the State of California and one from my HMO (Kaiser Permanente).  I can tell the QR Codes are not the same.

Does anyone know if either one gets instant approval?  Or would it make sense to upload one for vaccine #1 and the other for vaccine #2, even though both document all 3 of my shots (2 in April and booster earlier this month)?

It probably doesn't matter, but I'd like to try to get that instant approval.

15 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

Does anyone know if either one gets instant approval?

Although my son did the computer work I'm sure we used the code from Kaiser; I honestly don't recall seeing a different set or single from the state of CA. The final QR code from Thailand Pass came at about 16 hours. YMMV.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Enzian said:

Although my son did the computer work I'm sure we used the code from Kaiser; I honestly don't recall seeing a different set or single from the state of CA. The final QR code from Thailand Pass came at about 16 hours. YMMV.

Thanks!  Good info.  If you put the QR codes side by side you can see that they are different.

Guest StephenB

Anyone know the typical turn around time for PASS registration for AQ 10 day quarintine? Website says 3-7 "working" days so I assume that means mon-fri. I also assume the registration is proccessed in Thailand and not by the emabssy in your home country.? I think I may have cut it to close and just wondering if a call to one of the numbers would speed it up or delay it more if I call support Monday (Thailand ICT time).  ???? oh boy

Guest StephenB

Well, that was fast. Before anyone replied on here, Just got a email and it was only 7 hours from registration to approved and QR code issued.

Thats quite a relief and I am surprised.

18 hours ago, StephenB said:

Well, that was fast. Before anyone replied on here, Just got a email and it was only 7 hours from registration to approved and QR code issued.

Thats quite a relief and I am surprised.

I submitted about 18 hours ago, so I've lost hope for the fast approval. I am pretty sure my app was airtight too.  Plus I was already approved once and have returned home so this is my second TP trip and was thinking maybe that would help.

I might try a second submission using a different QR code but will wait a few days. The full 7 work days puts me right at my departure day and I don't want the stress of not having my approval as it gets close.

On 11/24/2021 at 9:08 PM, PabloSanDiego said:

ok now I get it.  With all those changes, I'd reapply ASAP.  There should still be time.  If you don't get the second approval, then maybe try on the pass you have now.

My docs got scrutinized pretty closely every step of the way. I'd be nervous not having dates match up.

I am travelling soon from North America and was wondering what documents I should have printed (hard copies). I will have hard copy of Insurance, Thai Pass, hotel booking certificate. I am entering on a non-immigrant O-A Visa so I wonder if I need hard copies I submitted for the Visa application like Police certificate etc.... ? I applied/received the O-A visa under the old method where I had to mail in original documents to embassy and they stamped passport and kept originals of all documents. Any feedback by anyone would be appreciated. Thx

4 minutes ago, WhatAboutBob said:

I am travelling soon from North America and was wondering what documents I should have printed (hard copies). I will have hard copy of Insurance, Thai Pass, hotel booking certificate. I am entering on a non-immigrant O-A Visa so I wonder if I need hard copies I submitted for the Visa application like Police certificate etc.... ? I applied/received the O-A visa under the old method where I had to mail in original documents to embassy and they stamped passport and kept originals of all documents. Any feedback by anyone would be appreciated. Thx

You should have all of the documents required for the Thailand Pass with you. 

No need for copies of the supporting documents needed for the OA visa application other than proof of your medical insurance if asked for.

2 minutes ago, WhatAboutBob said:

for my trip, when I checked in for my first leg at JFK with Finnair they checked every doc.  Thailand Pass QR Code, Vaccine Card, Hotel, Insurance, 72-hour RT-PCR Test Result.  When I arrived at BKK all they checked was Thailand Pass QR code which they scanned and my 72-hour test result.

When I departed BKK to return home, they looked at my Vaccine Card and my new 72-hour RT-PCR test result I got in Thailand.

I think some of this can be digital on your phone, e.g.g, the Thailand Pass QR.  But I just found it easier to print everything and put it all in a folder and had my vaccine card in my passport wallet with my passport.

When getting my pre-return test in Thailand the hospital asked for my passport but were ok with a folded up copy I keep in my travel wallet.

I submitted my request in Thai Pass 5 days ago and STILL no approval or denial.

I was planning on flying the weekend of 3 December so it's getting down to crunch time.

Do they normally take this long? I bought the AXA travel insurance, uploaded pics of that plus my US CDC vax card and my SHA+ hotel package.

Not being IT savvy I would welcome some information.   When completing the application for the TP, do I have to upload the Insurance policy or will the certificate of Insurance be sufficient?

I ask because the policy document might well exceed the mb limitation of the TH.

Many thanks

8 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

Not being IT savvy I would welcome some information.   When completing the application for the TP, do I have to upload the Insurance policy or will the certificate of Insurance be sufficient?

Only the certificate is needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PabloSanDiego said:

When getting my pre-return test in Thailand the hospital asked for my passport but were ok with a folded up copy I keep in my travel wallet.

In order to return to the US, you have to get another RT-PCR test? I didn’t consider this requirement for the return trip.

6 hours ago, Sterling said:

I was planning on flying the weekend of 3 December so it's getting down to crunch time.

Do they normally take this long? I bought the AXA travel insurance, uploaded pics of that plus my US CDC vax card and my SHA+ hotel package.

My son’s took over that long whereas my wife’s and daughter’s were approved in about 6 days.

1 hour ago, donx said:

In order to return to the US, you have to get another RT-PCR test? I didn’t consider this requirement for the return trip.

100% you need a test, as the check in agent at Suvarnabhumi asked for it along with my vaccine card.  But actually an Antigen test would have been OK when I read the rules but as I was transiting in Japan on ANA flights the rules seemed a bit ambiguous there, so I just played it safe and got the RT-PCR.  Also the hospital where I did the test only offered the RT-PCR.  I think I could saved some baht by finding a place that gives the antigen test.

For my next trip next week returning in late December I'll look more into it but for sure we all need to read the rules as they can always change.

Edited by PabloSanDiego

Hello all, does anyone know where I can get a cheap pcr test in Bangkok? I would need it in less than 48 hours. I asked here at the hotel and they are all saying at the hospital. I find it to be very expensive starting at 3,500 baht. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

20 hours ago, Sterling said:

Hey, I called the NY embassy and she able to pull up our info and approve us instantly and we got email on the spot with test and go Thailand pass. Extension 803. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fin87 said:

Hello all, does anyone know where I can get a cheap pcr test in Bangkok? I would need it in less than 48 hours. I asked here at the hotel and they are all saying at the hospital. I find it to be very expensive starting at 3,500 baht. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

2,000 BT...
medconsult logo.png
MORPH-removebg-preview.png
sha-removebg-preview (1).png

092-269-1347
080-080-0750
02-018-7855

Flr 3, Building 2, The Racquet Club
Sukhumvit Soi 49/9

Bangkok 10110

On 11/27/2021 at 3:28 AM, raptorea said:

Question for you not sure if you went back to Thailand yet, Wondering how close was your Thailand pass looked over? The reason I am asking is that I thought when I asked for my Thai pass test and go that I was going to arrive on 11/30 and was approved for this date, However when I checked my air I actually am arriving back on 12/1 and have since rebooked a new hotel with the correct dates. What are your thoughts on if immigration will give me a hard time on arriving with a new hotel not named on the original test and go. The hotel I have is legit and are picking me up at the airport in bkk and are doing the rt pcr test as well as I have paid for this with my reservation. Thank you

3 hours ago, Rinrada said:
2,000 BT...
medconsult logo.png
MORPH-removebg-preview.png
sha-removebg-preview (1).png

Flr 3, Building 2, The Racquet Club
Sukhumvit Soi 49/9

Bangkok 10110

Thank you so much! Really appreciate it 

8 hours ago, Fin87 said:

Hey, I called the NY embassy and she able to pull up our info and approve us instantly and we got email on the spot with test and go Thailand pass. Extension 803. Hope this helps. 

I'm still confused about what is approved by local Thai Embassy and what is Approved by Thailand directly. I thought the Pass was something you apply online on Thai website and they approve from Thailand?

Cheers

14 hours ago, Fin87 said:

Thanks, I'll give it one more day then give them a call.