Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

21 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

I'm on my 7th day so I did the at home Antigen test in my hotel room.  I read here that some of the Test & Go hotels wanted the result so I emailed mine (JW Marriott Bangkok), and this was their reply:

Please be inform that there will be no request to show ATK result to Hotel anymore just stay healthy

It's one of the biggest hotels in the country and has had their <deleted> together every step of the way, so I'm just going to go with that and not report. As I mentioned before, nobody told me to install that tracking app, so I'm not doing it in the either.

I return home Wednesday morning so I'll report if there are any issues then, but I really doubt it.

I did wonder....   

We (family and I) were given the Antigen Test Kit with check-in to the 1 night Test&Go two weeks ago. 

We were not provided with any information regarding what do to with the ATK’s so we just ignored them !!!...  We figured if someone wants or needs the results we’d be contacted. We weren’t.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF the ‘vaccine upload section’ has not changed... there are 4 parts to upload from your Vaccines.

1a) 1st Dose (Vaccine Certificate from 1st vaccine shot / my vaccine cert is the same cert for all shots so I just uploaded that). 

1b) Cropped QR Code (from vaccine cert)

2a) 2nd Dose  (Vaccine Certificate from 2nd vaccine shot / my vaccine cert is the same cert for all shots so I just uploaded the same vaccine certificate again)

2b) Cropped QR Code (from vaccine cert - same one again)

[I think some countries (i.e. in Europe) issued an individual vaccine cert with each shot, this is why there are two sections - IF you have one vaccine cert for both shots, upload the same one twice and the same QR code twice]

Thanks for that.  Helpful.

Is it necessary to upload both certificate and QR Code?

18 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

the app asks for info on both initial shots, why would you leave the first one blank? What's the point, just asking for rejection?  I have a booster too, but there isn't any place to put that info in.  It is included in the QR Code though.

you can add more in the section below, so you can add your 3rd dose 

I did it through a trial run using same QR code for all 3 and it went through in 7 minutes, 

7 hours ago, david_je said:

Are you sure pls that you can enter anytime between the issue and expire dates? Because the Thailand Pass pdf itself specifies an "arrival date" and the documents to be uploaded include a hotel booking for specific date. In your case, is the "expire date" the same date as your flight and hotel booking? Thanks.

I'm sure. The arrival date for both QR codes for my wife, the 3 QR codes for my daughter, and the QR code for my son all have the same arrival date of 28 December 2021. The issuance dates for my wife and daughter's 1st QR codes are both 2021-11-15, for their 2nd QR codes they are both 2021-11-17, for my daughter's 3rd QR code it is 2021-11-18, and for my son's QR code it is 2021-11-19. The expire dates are all 90 days from the issuance dates. 

1 hour ago, bolt said:

you can add more in the section below, so you can add your 3rd dose 

I did it through a trial run using same QR code for all 3 and it went through in 7 minutes, 

You are correct. There is a button where you can add more doses.

My family and I are scheduled to receive booster shots next week. Our vaccine cards will show the booster shot, but I'm not going to generate another Thailand Pass for them since having the booster shot isn't required and none of the other information I've uploaded have changed.

2 hours ago, PabloSanDiego said:

I'm on my 7th day so I did the at home Antigen test in my hotel room.  I read here that some of the Test & Go hotels wanted the result so I emailed mine (JW Marriott Bangkok), and this was their reply:

Please be inform that there will be no request to show ATK result to Hotel anymore just stay healthy

It's one of the biggest hotels in the country and has had their <deleted> together every step of the way, so I'm just going to go with that and not report. As I mentioned before, nobody told me to install that tracking app, so I'm not doing it in the either.

I return home Wednesday morning so I'll report if there are any issues then, but I really doubt it.

I used the Westin as my test & go hotel. Was told to upload my test to the app which of course does not work. I emailed my test result to the hotel and received a thank you message back in 10 minutes, nothing more. I'll be going through this process with my wife in 3 weeks on the way back from the U.S. Debating the Westin again or JW. Took my covid test at 1:30am and got my negative release at 9am. I am heading back Thursday with my wife for 22 days.

On a side note, people who are trying to go cheap on these test & go places shouldn't be surprised with the results. It's a get what you pay for situation. I paid for the Westin - private car from BKK, no waiting, test result back in 8 hours, meal served at 1am, great room, and efficient staff. Expensive but worth it, was back home and reunited with my family by 10:30am. Less than 12 hours from wheels down at Swampy to home.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

Thanks for that.  Helpful.

Is it necessary to upload both certificate and QR Code?

A more important question is why would you not ? *(unless your vax cert does not have a QR code).

(it actually mentioned you’ll get faster approval if you load your QR code)

Load both sections with QR codes, tick their boxes, make life easier.

1810100647_Screenshot2021-11-22at22_05_46.png.6c0c12235cf8519277fb59f85c448676.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

I used the Westin as my test & go hotel. Was told to upload my test to the app which of course does not work. I emailed my test result to the hotel and received a thank you message back in 10 minutes, nothing more. I'll be going through this process with my wife in 3 weeks on the way back from the U.S. Debating the Westin again or JW. Took my covid test at 1:30am and got my negative release at 9am. I am heading back Thursday with my wife for 22 days.

On a side note, people who are trying to go cheap on these test & go places shouldn't be surprised with the results. It's a get what you pay for situation. I paid for the Westin - private car from BKK, no waiting, test result back in 8 hours, meal served at 1am, great room, and efficient staff. Expensive but worth it, was back home and reunited with my family by 10:30am. Less than 12 hours from wheels down at Swampy to home.

The testing and results times will very much depend on the arrangement with the partner hospital. 

Some hotels arrange for a ‘stop off’ at the hospital to be tested on the way the hotel.

Whereas other hotels test you on arrival (or at the earliest possible time after arrival, if you arrived in the early hours).

It's very much in individual situation based on a combination of factors.

------

We (a family of 3) paid about 13,000 baht for 1 bedroomed / 1 living room suite, figuring we’d have jet lag and want to sleep it off at different times while others watched TV etc in the living room. 

In hindsight we could have left the hotel at about 1:30pm in the afternoon after arriving at 9:30am - not a biggie, I still slept until about 3pm. We left at about 8pm (after rush hour). It was nice to have somewhere comfortable and quiet to wait out the results and sleep. 

But, for some - testing on arrival and getting the result a couple of hours later is possible (but not guaranteed), some hospitals will just be more efficient. 

Hotels have been doing the ‘Test & Go' for a few weeks now so they’ll have a handle on the timing.

When contacted some hotels may be able to offer advise on timings if for example someone is tested at 8am they could be informed that under normal circumstances they can expect results at 10am etc.

It would be worth contacting hotels and giving them arrival times and checking if the airport van is private etc, this also gauges their response to queries - hotels that can’t respond in a timely fashion are not likely to be very accommodating in your requests to fast-track checkout if thats someones intention. 

4 hours ago, Twin Peaks said:

I will also be going through this again in 3 weeks.  the JW was my home away from home for about 10 years (although 5+ years ago) and I loved going back last week. They were so professional about everything and I am sure I'm going to use their Test & Go again.  For an extra couple thousand baht, I know I'm going to get a private van and everything taken care of. Plus, for anyone with Marriott status, the open bar happy hour before going out and the massive breakfast buffet makes it well worth it. 

BTW, I landed at 08:30 AM and was out on the streets of Sukhumvit by 13:00.  It was all around a very good experience.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A more important question is why would you not ? *(unless your vax cert does not have a QR code).

(it actually mentioned you’ll get faster approval if you load your QR code)

Load both sections with QR codes, tick their boxes, make life easier.

1810100647_Screenshot2021-11-22at22_05_46.png.6c0c12235cf8519277fb59f85c448676.png

Can confirm uploading a QR code makes it quicker. I submitted my application and my wife's application on Friday 10am UK Time and received both our approvals the next day at 1pm.

7 hours ago, PabloSanDiego said:

I will also be going through this again in 3 weeks.  the JW was my home away from home for about 10 years (although 5+ years ago) and I loved going back last week. They were so professional about everything and I am sure I'm going to use their Test & Go again.  For an extra couple thousand baht, I know I'm going to get a private van and everything taken care of. Plus, for anyone with Marriott status, the open bar happy hour before going out and the massive breakfast buffet makes it well worth it. 

BTW, I landed at 08:30 AM and was out on the streets of Sukhumvit by 13:00.  It was all around a very good experience.

It looks like the hotels don’t really care if you check out within 6-8-10 or even 24 hours, as long as they get the one night payment.

I’m arriving at BKK 12pm, going to Pattaya, so check in Hotel 3pm test 3:45pm??? do you think I will be able to leave same night, or next morning ???

So good luck to everyone.

If I were to apply for Thailand Pass, which of the following pictures would I upload?

The document containing the QR code was generated by Salem (Oregon) Health.  It accounts for my 1st two shots.  My 3rd shot was done at Walmart (similar to Asda in UK).  I have no QR code that reflects the 3rd Walmart shot.  Walmart kept my original paper CDC card that had the first two shots recorded and replaced it with a new CDC card where they copied the first two entries and added their own third.

Vax card 1.JPG

Vax card 2.JPG

QR code.JPG

Thailand hasn't yet gone fully insane and adopted a booster a season, although they are diligently working towards that - looks like it will eventually be 180 days, but as of today no such requirement,  your original 2 shots of pzfier on the QR code qualifies you as fully vaccinated even if 10 months ago. I would use that and not complicate matters with the non-QR replacement CDC card

Edited by asiam110
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, deptrai said:

If I were to apply for Thailand Pass, which of the following pictures would I upload?

The document containing the QR code was generated by Salem (Oregon) Health.  It accounts for my 1st two shots.  My 3rd shot was done at Walmart (similar to Asda in UK).  I have no QR code that reflects the 3rd Walmart shot.  Walmart kept my original paper CDC card that had the first two shots recorded and replaced it with a new CDC card where they copied the first two entries and added their own third.

Vax card 1.JPG

Vax card 2.JPG

QR code.JPG

I would say, upload the certificates, and upload the same QR code for 1st & 2nd doses, see what happens

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deptrai said:

I would upload the CDC card that shows your 3rd one in the spaces for them and the QR code.

Just applied for my wife, thai national.

Instant approval.

However...Her TP does not look like others around here..It has no issue/expire date.

Only name, arrival date and thailand pass id.

Is it because she is thai national or they updated/changed the appearance of TP?

Later edit...Nevermind, I scanned TP QR code and all informations from the TP showed up, everything seems in order.

Quite straightforward.

Edited by drenddy

10 minutes ago, drenddy said:

Just applied for my wife, thai national.

Instant approval.

However...Her TP does not look like others around here..It has no issue/expire date.

Only name, arrival date and thailand pass id.

Is it because she is thai national or they updated/changed the appearance of TP?

Later edit...Nevermind, I scanned TP QR code and all informations from the TP showed up, everything seems in order.

Quite straightforward.

Yes, there is the QR code PDF document and the website link associated with scanning the QR code. I still feel that the information on each of these is rather limited and I wonder how useful the Thailand Pass actually is to those in the Thai government that review them.

Trial runs

Has anyone tried a trial run? It seems that you can complete the flight info without actually buying a ticket, but what about insurance and the test-and-go hotel?

I'm taking a wait-and-see stance in case the Thailand Plus scheme gets easier, but in the meantime would like to ascertain whether my vaccination card and Thai social security insurance pass muster.

5 minutes ago, 10years said:

Trial runs

Has anyone tried a trial run? It seems that you can complete the flight info without actually buying a ticket, but what about insurance and the test-and-go hotel?

I'm taking a wait-and-see stance in case the Thailand Plus scheme gets easier, but in the meantime would like to ascertain whether my vaccination card and Thai social security insurance pass muster.

As you say, you can enter in a flight number without actually purchasing a ticket. But you need proof of COVID-19 insurance (is that what the Thai social security insurance is?) and the purchase of a Test-and-go reservation. So if you have the insurance certificate and the Test & Go hotel receipt, then you can do a trial run and see if you receive a QR code. If your flight number and arrival dates change, you will have to resubmit this again which would probably require a different Test & Go receipt since the first one most likely won't match your new arrival date. The same may be true of your insurance depending upon what the coverage dates are.

I purchased the airline tickets first. Then I booked a hotel. I then purchased the travel insurance. Once I had all of the required documents, I then registered for the QR codes. In my case, the Test & Go package was purchase separately from the hotel reservation, which I wouldn't recommend anyone doing. I did that because I did this before reading this forum and the issues with the Thailand Pass system. Also, I booked the hotel for 3 nights for 3 people doing it through Agoda instead of booking directly with the hotel.

On 11/22/2021 at 11:59 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I did wonder....   

We (family and I) were given the Antigen Test Kit with check-in to the 1 night Test&Go two weeks ago. 

We were not provided with any information regarding what do to with the ATK’s so we just ignored them !!!...  We figured if someone wants or needs the results we’d be contacted. We weren’t.

The information states that the Thailand Plus/Morchana App will alert you to do the test and that you upload the results on the App.  Is that not the case?  My hotel have told me that If I don't want the ATK I don't have to have it - sounds like a box ticking excercise to me.

7 hours ago, 10years said:

Trial runs

You do nto need to have a ticket for TP butthey will ask for flight number.

Also require confirmation of paid Test & Go package and hotels seem to ask for flight tickets

8 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

The information states that the Thailand Plus/Morchana App will alert you to do the test and that you upload the results on the App.  Is that not the case?  My hotel have told me that If I don't want the ATK I don't have to have it - sounds like a box ticking excercise to me.

I am now in Narita having finished my first Thailand visit using Thailand Pass.

As I've posted before, when I arrived at Suvarnabhumi last week, nobody even mentioned this Mor Chana app. There were no signs, no pieces of paper given to us, nothing. So I never loaded it, and I suspect very few if anyone else on my flight did.  How would they even know about it?  The only way I knew about it was reading this forum. 

I read it's somewhere in the fine print Ts & Cs but hardly anybody reads those and if even if you did you'd probably gloss right over the Mor Chana mention.

On my departure from Suvanrabhumi this morning there was again no mention of this app or my Antigen test that I did take on Day 6. When I emailed my hotel asking them if they wanted my test result, this is what they replied to me:

My hotel was the JW Marriott Bangkok, one of the biggest hotels in Bangkok who seemed totally on top of everything related to Thailand Pass.   Based on my experience, I don't think this Mor Chana requirement is in effect any more. The 6/7 day self test seems to be on the honor system, report yourself if you're positive, otherwise just continue with your visit.

As an added note, my short 9 days visit was an absolute BLAST!   True it wasn't Thailand of 2019 but I had an extremely good time.  I cannot wait to return in 2 weeks. Worth every bit of effort and stress in doing the Pass.

Edited by PabloSanDiego
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding QR codes.

I first did screenshot from Corona passport app, scrapped them, but they were not approved by TP, which intrigued me, as the QR quality from the corona-app itself seemed very high.

Then I decided to take a screenshot of QR codes from the vaccination certificate, scrapped them and they got accepted.

OR 1 for 1st dose and, of course, QR 2 for 2nd dose.

Then proceeded with the application and received instant approval.

I think though, it's bit of an overkill this TP.

• Like 1

A quote from Thailand Pass FAQ (the emphasis is mine)

"Does my insurance have to be a COVID-19 insurance in order to register with Thailand Pass?

- No. You can ALSO use general insurance or health insurance with a minimum coverage of 50,000 USD."

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs 

The use of the word "also" implies that COVID 19 insurance is acceptable, but other insurance can be used as well. Otherwise it would say general insurance or health insurance which also cover COVID 19 must be used.

Does anyone have direct experience of using COVID 19 only insurance and it being accepted by Thailand Pass?

Question regarding upcoming trip. My Thailand pass is test and go and the date of arrival is November 30th, However because of a flight change I won't arrive until December 1st. Any cause for concern because of this??? My insurance is fine and also my hotel is fine as well.

Thank you

50 minutes ago, raptorea said:

Question regarding upcoming trip. My Thailand pass is test and go and the date of arrival is November 30th, However because of a flight change I won't arrive until December 1st. Any cause for concern because of this??? My insurance is fine and also my hotel is fine as well.

Thank you

I departed JFK just before midnight on November 13 and landed at BKK the morning of 15 November after a 2 hour layover in Helsinki.  What exactly is your concern? The pre flight PCR is required 72 hours before your first leg depature. 

36 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

I departed JFK just before midnight on November 13 and landed at BKK the morning of 15 November after a 2 hour layover in Helsinki.  What exactly is your concern? The pre flight PCR is required 72 hours before your first leg depature. 

I believe their concern is that when they applied for the Thailand Pass, they provided an arrival date of November 30. However, they are now arriving on December 1 instead. They want to know if the Thailand Pass QR code that shows an arrival date of November 30 can be used even though the arrival date is now December 1.

To raptorea, I don't know the answer to your question. I have read elsewhere that minor changes in date aren't an issue. If your flight number that you entered for the Thailand Pass is still the same, then I wouldn't be too concerned. However, if you are now entering in on a different flight number, you may be better off generating another Thailand Pass using the December 1 arrival date. Note that I'm assuming your hotel reservation is still for November 30 with an arrival early morning December 1. This has caused some others to have problems matching their arrival dates with their hotel reservations. In my family's case, they arrive at 00:05 on December 28 and have hotel reservations for December 27 - 30 and I didn't have an issue because of this. I had an unrelated issue for my son's application.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, donx said:

I believe their concern is that when they applied for the Thailand Pass, they provided an arrival date of November 30. However, they are now arriving on December 1 instead. They want to know if the Thailand Pass QR code that shows an arrival date of November 30 can be used even though the arrival date is now December 1.

To raptorea, I don't know the answer to your question. I have read elsewhere that minor changes in date aren't an issue. If your flight number that you entered for the Thailand Pass is still the same, then I wouldn't be too concerned. However, if you are now entering in on a different flight number, you may be better off generating another Thailand Pass using the December 1 arrival date. Note that I'm assuming your hotel reservation is still for November 30 with an arrival early morning December 1. This has caused some others to have problems matching their arrival dates with their hotel reservations. In my family's case, they arrive at 00:05 on December 28 and have hotel reservations for December 27 - 30 and I didn't have an issue because of this. I had an unrelated issue for my son's application.

Yes I was wondering only about the arrival date changing I arrive on the same flight number I used when applying however I thought it was close to midnight on the 30th but when I checked it was actually midnight on the 1st of Dec so my hotel is different dates now then what I had applied for but I am thinking it won't be an issue to arrive one day late. 

I submitted all documents for my wife and I this morning. Within 60 seconds of submitting, we received an email with our QR code. Unbelievably fast turnaround. Very impressed and was very straightforward albeit you have all the necessary documents in order.

Guemlum