Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

6 hours ago, nikita22 said:

Came through on Thailand pass, it’s loose as you like……. Just make sure you have everything. I did one night quarantine a got my girlfriend in with me for that night. No questions. 

all good 

Did they allowed you to invite your girlfriend in the room?
Good!
Which hotel?
Thanks
Tony

Just a follow up on domestic travel. As I posted earlier I landed Monday morning at 8:30 AM and was out of the streets of Bangkok a free man at 13:00 the same day. Today I flew from Don Meuang to Phitsanulok for business and it was as easy as it ever was.  The only extra thing was they asked to see my vaccine card at check-in, so ok an extra 10 seconds there. After that, it was like normal.  Nobody asked for the Thailand Pass or asked any questions. Of course, had to wear the mask in the terminal and on the plane too. 

So far this trip has been fabulous.  Well worth the stress and effort to get the Thailand Pass.  I'll headed home in 5 days and then will be immediately looking forward to my return just 2 weeks after. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thejudgegiles said:

Hey everyone... I am sorry to appear a technophobe, and/or lazy... but at this point in time, I really don't have time to read all 75 pages on this thread, and I am somewhat numb from the very shocking news of my dear Mum's unexpected passing and am about to jump on a plane and deal with that. 

Likely I will be home just for the funeral and a few other things, and return back to Bangkok where I have lived for the last 26 years. 

So, in short... most likely I will be returning to Bkk shortly before Xmas, but haven't booked any flights yet (and reluctant to bearing in mind things might change when I am in the UK) and would be returning effectively as a new arrival, rather than using a re-entry on an existing visa.

I am a UK nation, 48. Double Phizer'ed, second one was October 15th. 

So I need to use this Thailand Pass online? 

I need 30 days minimum C19 insurance up to a value? Any other Brits can recommend a suitable good value one? 

I need to be tested prior to leaving UK?  I have never been tested, there are different types of tests I believe... which and when do I do?

As I may not be able to sort a visa of any sort in time, likely I will come in on 30 days, but want to extend.  Any know about how that might work out? 

I must stay one night in an approved hotel on arrival, right? What are starting prices for that and choices? 

Are people actually getting turned away?  I will do all in my power to be careful to get it right of course. 

I am so sorry to look the fool, but I have a big hole in my heart at the moment and all this is too much for me. 

Please please please only give accurate and relevant info, that would be lovely, thanks everyone and stay safe.  

So sorry for your loss. My wife lost her father last week, so I understand it's difficult to deal with travel arrangement to Thailand under these conditions.

You have to use this Thailand Pass online. A simple choice for COVID-19 insurance is AXA which which will most likely cost about BHT 2,250 for 30 days of coverage. You will need a PCR test within 72 hours of your departure from the UK. Make sure it is a PCR test which is usually processed by a lab. I don't know about locations for this test where you are, but usually there is a fee for places that provide the results within hours. Get a hard copy of the results.

You should be able to book an approved hotel. Make sure they have a Test & Go package. You need to pay for this package before you apply for the Thailand Pass. The prices for the hotels vary significantly. I suggest to start looking soon and book a place that allows you free cancelation in case you find that the Test & Go package fee to too much. I found a 4-star hotel in Silom for under $90/per night per room. The Test & Go fee was BHT 2,000 per person and airport transit of 1,200 for up to 2 people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PabloSanDiego said:

Just a follow up on domestic travel. As I posted earlier I landed Monday morning at 8:30 AM and was out of the streets of Bangkok a free man at 13:00 the same day. Today I flew from Don Meuang to Phitsanulok for business and it was as easy as it ever was.  The only extra thing was they asked to see my vaccine card at check-in, so ok an extra 10 seconds there. After that, it was like normal.  Nobody asked for the Thailand Pass or asked any questions. Of course, had to wear the mask in the terminal and on the plane too. 

So far this trip has been fabulous.  Well worth the stress and effort to get the Thailand Pass.  I'll headed home in 5 days and then will be immediately looking forward to my return just 2 weeks after. 

@PabloSanDiego

Which hotel did you use? That quick turn around time for test results is very appealing!!!

On 11/18/2021 at 11:51 AM, donx said:

I just received a third QR code for my daughter. That means that every application I sent for my wife (2 submissions) and for my daughter (3 submissions) have all been approved. Each one takes me to a website with a different issue and expiration date, but everything else such as the departure date and vaccination dates are the same.

Unfortunately, I still haven't received an approval for any of the 4 submissions I've made for my son. I know that his first submission was rejected, but his second and third submissions now can't be found using the access codes they provided. Only his last submission shows a status of "Reviewing". So I applied a 5th time today using my email address so that I don't have to keep asking him if he received any emails about the Thailand Pass applications.

If we don't receive anything soon, I'm going to send yet another email to the support email address. Not that I expect any response back from them, but maybe they will this time.

This morning (November 19), I sent an email to the support email address. I explained my situation with my son. I just received the approval email with a QR code for my son. I don't know if the email I sent to support made a difference, but perhaps it did.

My family is finally ready for their trip to Thailand in late December.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, donx said:

I suggest to start looking soon and book a place that allows you free cancelation in case you find that the Test & Go package fee to too much. I found a 4-star hotel in Silom for under $90/per night per room. The Test & Go fee was BHT 2,000 per person and airport transit of 1,200 for up to 2 people.

What was total cost of that Silom hotel Test & Go for one person? You mean $90 plus 2,000b? Free cancellation? Which hotel pls?

8 minutes ago, david_je said:

What was total cost of that Silom hotel Test & Go for one person? You mean $90 plus 2,000b? Free cancellation? Which hotel pls?

I booked 3 nights at what was called Mandarin Hotel Managed by Centre Point using Agoda.com for 2 rooms, for 3 nights - December 27 to December 30. In the Thailand Pass, they call this hotel Mandarin Hotel Bangkok. The hotel cost was $260, so I was wrong about the room price. One room for one night would be less than $44. I can’t say if you can get the same price I paid but you can check. I paid in advance to Agoda. Once booked, the hotel sent me an email for me to pay the Test & Go package for 3 people. The RT-PCR test is ฿2,000 per person and the airport transfer to the hotel for 3 people is ฿1,450, so I paid ฿7,450 with a credit card. The airport transfer for one person is ฿1,200. If I booked for only one person for one night, the cost would have been $44 + ฿2,000 + ฿1,200. I don’t know if the hotel room for one night is included by other hotels in their Test & Go package, but mine was a separate charge which might explain why my son’s application wasn’t approved initially even though I provided the same document as proof of hotel registration for all my family members. You might try booking directly with the hotel. They actually list their address as Bang Rak, not Silom, but I don’t think that’s much of a difference.

On 11/19/2021 at 10:22 AM, Everything Picture said:

Just arrived at BKK and refused to get in a car with 5 other people. 

Politely waited for an extra 15 minutes and am now in a private car. 

I'm interested to see if there is a surcharge. 

Let us know! Which hotel?

4 minutes ago, donx said:

I booked 3 nights at what was called Mandarin Hotel Managed by Centre Point using Agoda.com for 2 rooms, for 3 nights - December 27 to December 30. In the Thailand Pass, they call this hotel Mandarin Hotel Bangkok. The hotel cost was $260, so I was wrong about the room price. One room for one night would be less than $44. I can’t say if you can get the same price I paid but you can check. I paid in advance to Agoda. Once booked, the hotel sent me an email for me to pay the Test & Go package for 3 people. The RT-PCR test is ฿2,000 per person and the airport transfer to the hotel for 3 people is ฿1,450, so I paid ฿7,450 with a credit card. The airport transfer for one person is ฿1,200. If I booked for only one person for one night, the cost would have been $44 + ฿2,000 + ฿1,200. I don’t know if the hotel room for one night is included by other hotels in their Test & Go package, but mine was a separate charge which might explain why my son’s application wasn’t approved initially even though I provided the same document as proof of hotel registration for all my family members. You might try booking directly with the hotel. They actually list their address as Bang Rak, not Silom, but I don’t think that’s much of a difference.

Normally Test & Go package includes hotel room for 24 hours, meals, airport transfer and PCR test. (On some comercial web sites they may list only the room with small print explaining other things not included but when you contact the hotel should get a single rate). 

I think your booking was confused by the fact you were also book rooms for after the T&G period, and made it on Agoda. 

Probably best to make T&G booking direct with hotel and then use Agoda to add on additional nights if desired.

• Like 1

Would love to know the breakdown of all these folk going through the Thailand Pass, test and go.....the whole 9 yards.

Meaning what % back to connect with family.......some returning after visit to home country etc.

Surely a very small % would be actual tourists visiting Thailand for a holiday..

You would need rocks in your head to holiday here with all this rubbish. 

Edited by DrJack54

I wanted to book Lancaster Hotel for my wife (thai national), as they work with Bumrungrad Hospital.

When asked about positive test and insurance cover(through thai social system), they said, mai mee sil, if admitted to hospital, have to pay...Wasn't Covid treatment free of charge for all thai citizens, regardless private or government hospital?

Then I chekced The Bazaar Hotel, where she stayed last year in quarantine.When I asked them about the guideline regarding being a close contact and the need to be placed in quarantine, they didn't have even the the slightest clue...I told them, trust me, there have been cases(those mentioned here) where foreigners have been placed in mandatory quarantine after being close contacts...

Nobody knows nothing, there is no clear guideline, nothing, nada, it is up to some incompetent, clueless lackey within the Health Department, should this exist...

And I asked our travel insurer, who the heck covers mandatory quarantine, when you are not sick...Nobody.

Regarding sharing transfer car.I will definetely ask for a private car, otherwise I will clearly point out, in case of someone in the car tests positive, the hotel is to be made accountable for quarantine costs.

Edited by drenddy

Update: My hotel have confirmed that they will send a private car to the airport for me - I won't be expected to share. I'm staying at The Grace Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 3. In normal times I would avoid that hotel like the plague but its just for a few hours and the cost is 3900- all in.

My Mrs, booked The Grace on her return last month and said it looked like all the rooms have recently been refurbished - she was there for 10 days and had no problems - for anyone staying there on full quarantine - they do allow an hour's exercise by the pool each day after your first negative test result..

2 hours ago, drenddy said:

And I asked our travel insurer, who the heck covers mandatory quarantine, when you are not sick...Nobody.

My policy covers it - provided I am ordered to quarantine by a health professional or the authorities.  The cover for that is limited to £2000 so it would probably cover a hotel but not a hospital.

See above about the car.

Edited by KhaoYai

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Update: My hotel have confirmed that they will send a private car to the airport for me - I won't be expected to share. I'm staying at The Grace Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 3. In normal times I would avoid that hotel like the plague but its just for a few hours and the cost is 3900- all in.

My Mrs, booked The Grace on her return last month and said it looked like all the rooms have recently been refurbished - she was there for 10 days and had no problems - for anyone staying there on full quarantine - they do allow an hour's exercise by the pool each day after your first negative test result..

Why did she have to do 10 days?

On 11/19/2021 at 11:40 PM, Sheryl said:

@PabloSanDiego

Which hotel did you use? That quick turn around time for test results is very appealing!!!

JW Marriott. As expected, very professional service but it's a bit pricy at 6900 + 1700 for the expedited test.  But if you have Marriott (Bonvoy) status you get the open bar happy hour on the 16th floor plus the massive breakfast buffet in the morning.  Plus I love the location. When I come back next month I'm going to book them again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Why did she have to do 10 days?

Unsure, could have been 7 - pretty sure it was 10. The reason was she had her second vaccine in the UK less than 2 weeks before she travelled.

Edit:  It was 7 days. She originally booked for 10 then the rules changed and she was only required to stay 7.  I would like to say I got a refund but for some reason, that only my wife knows, I didn't ????. Take that as, she did!

Edited by KhaoYai

On 11/18/2021 at 10:28 AM, bkk6060 said:

All these reported hotel issues people searching for the cheapest places it is less then one full day/ night of your life.

If it were me I would try to stay at the Novotel airport.

It is 5 minutes from the airport, full AQ 24/7 testing.

Sshhh! Don't point it out to 'em or the place'll be booked out when I get there in January ... 

2 hours ago, david_je said:

I'm wondering what info the approved QR code shows when you scan it. Would someone be willing to post an example?

Note that the QR code PDF file itself has the traveler’s name, the Thailand Pass ID, and the arrival date.

46FA50E3-D58E-4520-982A-C7CB1F17674C.jpeg

1 hour ago, donx said:

Note that the QR code PDF file itself has the traveler’s name, the Thailand Pass ID, and the arrival date.

46FA50E3-D58E-4520-982A-C7CB1F17674C.jpeg

Thank you for that. I was worried it would have passport or hotel info, and if they had it wrong I would then have a problem. What is the "certificate" referred to at the top? Is that the insurance? 

19 hours ago, drenddy said:

I wanted to book Lancaster Hotel for my wife (thai national), as they work with Bumrungrad Hospital.

When asked about positive test and insurance cover(through thai social system), they said, mai mee sil, if admitted to hospital, have to pay...Wasn't Covid treatment free of charge for all thai citizens, regardless private or government hospital?

Hotels are not the ones to ask about health care costs. Sounds like they simply made up an answer which is what Thais typically do when asked something they do not know.

If you are hospitalized and you have SS, there is nto cost to you provided you are admitted to your nominated SS hospital. Doesn't matter why admitted, all hospital care is fully covered.  Where you will not be covered is if you are quarantined in a hotel.

A Thai national is fully covered for hospitalization AND quarantine provided they do the latter in a State facility.

Re: this question of who is returning why, myself 1) made a decision not to let my non-O expire for a while, 2) considering sending my Non-O money back to the US, 3) getting winter and flu season in Northern California so LOS may be safer, 4) a woman. As for the TP my son did  the computer work (I could not), got the acknowledgement almost immediately, the QR code arrived about 16 hours later.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I think I would be in same boat.

The TP process needs to be simplified.

Absolutely. Or better still, abolished. As could easily be done if they replaced PCR with rapid antigen test on arrival, making hotel booking unnecessary.

• Like 2