Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Hotels are not the ones to ask about health care costs. Sounds like they simply made up an answer which is what Thais typically do when asked something they do not know.

If you are hospitalized and you have SS, there is nto cost to you provided you are admitted to your nominated SS hospital. Doesn't matter why admitted, all hospital care is fully covered.  Where you will not be covered is if you are quarantined in a hotel.

A Thai national is fully covered for hospitalization AND quarantine provided they do the latter in a State facility.

Thanks, Sheryl.

Do you know the guideline regarding quarantine for thai nationals arriving under test&go programme?

If, let's say, it happens and wife does not want to stay at the AQ hotel booked for the initial night, can she choose a State facility?

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Absolutely. Or better still, abolished. As could easily be done if they replaced PCR with rapid antigen test on arrival, making hotel booking unnecessary.

To put an even sharper edge on it..

There are MANY people that have very limited skills when it comes to such things as picture formats etc etc. For many a phone (even smart phone) is for calls photos perhaps messenger etc.

Most of us using AseanNow are possibly bit more confident. 

It's only ONE small example....my plan was to return to Oz for couple of weeks as Oz government stopped quarantine for citizens ... I have put that plan off. The sole reason being Thailand Pass. 

Yes helpful reports of success, however I can't be bothered with all that. 

Are there any tourists coming for few weeks? No family here or other reason to want/need to visit Thailand just coming for a holiday.

I certainly would not.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, drenddy said:

Thanks, Sheryl.

Do you know the guideline regarding quarantine for thai nationals arriving under test&go programme?

If, let's say, it happens and wife does not want to stay at the AQ hotel booked for the initial night, can she choose a State facility?

Not any more. In the earlier days of COVID whne lareg numbers of Thais were coming back from abroad there were free State run facilities. After a while this stopped. Thais returning now must pay to stay in a oprivate approved facility.

However if testing positive, Thai nationals do nto have to pay for hospitalization.

9 minutes ago, drenddy said:

This week will apply for TP.

Danish vaccine certificate.

So, is it still wise to upload QR code from 2nd shot for both vaccines on the application?

Regards.

Yes. Presumably the QR code you got after the second shot will link to a site showing the dates of both.

24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not any more. In the earlier days of COVID whne lareg numbers of Thais were coming back from abroad there were free State run facilities. After a while this stopped. Thais returning now must pay to stay in a oprivate approved facility.

However if testing positive, Thai nationals do nto have to pay for hospitalization.

The Bazaar Hotel, where wife stayed last year, said, after contacting Piyavate Hospital for further explanations, that there is no mandatory quarantine for thais, who are close contacts to someone on the flight/transfer car(as it happened for few foreigners, their history described on the forum).

As nobody knows for sure, I think it's safest to book Test&Go night at a designated (cheap) AQ, so one does not need to look around, in the unfortunate situation of being close contact to a positive passenger.Could just extend the booking for, I think, 6 days.

Edited by drenddy

44 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Lancaster works with Bumrungrad....In theory, if a thai national books test&go at Lancaster and tests positive, then Bumrungrad is obliged to admit the person, at no cost?Or their hospitel, should they have one...I understand Covid hospitalization is free of charge for thai nationals, but I find it hard to believe Bumrungrad Hospital will not try to evade admission.

Silly question regarding QR codes....How do you crop the QR code from the vaccine certificate, which is a PDF file, for best results?

I mean, I did screenshot on the phone, then cropped the .jpeg file.Does it have to be without borders, I mean, no white areas around the code itself, so the QR code fits perfectly on the newly cropped photo?

I can do it online as well.

This is crazy.

Edited by drenddy

1 hour ago, drenddy said:

Silly question regarding QR codes....How do you crop the QR code from the vaccine certificate, which is a PDF file, for best results?

I mean, I did screenshot on the phone, then cropped the .jpeg file.Does it have to be without borders, I mean, no white areas around the code itself, so the QR code fits perfectly on the newly cropped photo?

I can do it online as well.

This is crazy.

just leave a small white border around the actual QR Code and you're good to go.

3 hours ago, drenddy said:

This week will apply for TP.

Danish vaccine certificate.

So, is it still wise to upload QR code from 2nd shot for both vaccines on the application?

Regards.

I uploaded them literally as you'd expect - QRCode 1 for the first one, and QR Code 2 for the 2nd one. Got approved without any problems.

• Thanks 1

Has there been any more chatter about a new approach for asymptomatic people testing positive not requiring hospitalization, and those afflicted by high-risk-contact but healthy and negative not having to spend two weeks in a hotel, or is it still in scam mode?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grin said:

Arrived just before midnight Friday 19th. Flew LAS-SFO-NRT-BKK on UAL/ANA. Had to show Thailand Pass, visa, and COVID docs at all three departure airports. At NRT they asked for even more documents including my checked baggage stickers.

At BKK arrival the test and go hotel tried to pack 3 of us in one van. I asked nicely for a separate ride and someone from AOT graciously volunteered to drive me in an AOT vehicle. First thing at the hotel was an ID check and swab test. Then check-in was a bit tedious. They wanted my seat numbers on all of my flights. Was told I could not leave the room until test results were in.

They had no room service until 6 AM and the refrigerator in the room was not stocked. There were two complimentary liter bottles of water. Test results were ready at 11:00 AM. On checkout they gave me a self administering COVID antigen test kit and wrote the date 26-Nov-2021 on the box saying to email the results to the hotel on that date.

Note that on arrival at BKK the only document checking at the airport was by immigration. They couldn't figure whether or not to staple the printout of my Non-O eVisa in my passport. He ended up just handing it back to me. All COVID document checking was done at the test and go hotel.

Arrived at the hotel at 1:00 AM and departed at 11:30 AM.

Wow, a good solution to solve the congestion problem at the airport with document check and swab test done only at the hotel.  What will happen when a document is not in order?  Will they deport you?

9 hours ago, david_je said:

Thank you for that. I was worried it would have passport or hotel info, and if they had it wrong I would then have a problem. What is the "certificate" referred to at the top? Is that the insurance? 

That refers to the Thailand Pass itself I think. The issuance date and the expire date are definitely referencing the Thailand Pass so I assume the certificate status is as well. I’ve received multiple QR codes for my wife and daughter and the issuance date always matches with the day we received it.

With such limited information associated with the QR code, I wonder how useful it is.

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Absolutely. Or better still, abolished. As could easily be done if they replaced PCR with rapid antigen test on arrival, making hotel booking unnecessary.

Unfortunately the antigen test is not nearly as accurate as the PCR test. So don’t expect that to happen anytime soon.

Hello.

My experience with the TP has been very straight forward and i received instant confirmation of my application and my QR code delivered in under 24 hours.

Windows machine, firefox browser and Gmail.

Cost wise from the UK

KLM flight £630

AXA TL 90 days insurance B6,200/£142

T&G hotel-The Elegant Bangkok B3,900/£89 (fairly close to swampy)

Plus around £50 for SETV and £100 for pre flight PCR

All in, a little over £1,000 and around 10 hours work to get all the above sorted and PDF's converted to jpg. TP itself is about a 30 minute process IF you have everything ready in advance.

For those coming from the UK, the only issue i experienced with TP was from the NHS app vaccine cert (blue cert with QRcode for each jab), i cropped these QR codes and they kept getting refused. After a bit of frustration i noticed the QR codes were different from the QR codes on the Covid pass document that i had already uploaded.

Cropped the codes from the Covid pass and they were accepted without issue.

Take your time and have everthing ready and it is fairly painless.

Good luck everyone

Edit-I have a bit of time on my hands, if anyone from the UK is using a Windows machine and is having problems, feel free to PM me and i will assist/advise if i can.

Edited by WHansen
Extra info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, donx said:

That refers to the Thailand Pass itself I think. The issuance date and the expire date are definitely referencing the Thailand Pass so I assume the certificate status is as well. I’ve received multiple QR codes for my wife and daughter and the issuance date always matches with the day we received it.

With such limited information associated with the QR code, I wonder how useful it is.

So the "certificate" issuance date is the date you received the QR code and the expire date is the date of entry, correct? That means it is only good for entry on that one date (2022-12-13)? I ask because I recall someone else saying you are able to enter a day or so before or after the date that you apply for. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, david_je said:

So the "certificate" issuance date is the date you received the QR code and the expire date is the date of entry, correct? That means it is only good for entry on that one date (2022-12-13)? I ask because I recall someone else saying you are able to enter a day or so before or after the date that you apply for. Thanks again.

No. You are correct about the issuance date, but the expire date is the last day you can use the Thailand Pass to enter Thailand. You can enter any day between the issuance date and the expire date. Think of it like the issue date and expiration date of other types of documents such as a passport or a drivers license.

16 hours ago, grin said:

Arrived just before midnight Friday 19th. Flew LAS-SFO-NRT-BKK on UAL/ANA. Had to show Thailand Pass, visa, and COVID docs at all three departure airports. At NRT they asked for even more documents including my checked baggage stickers.

At BKK arrival the test and go hotel tried to pack 3 of us in one van. I asked nicely for a separate ride and someone from AOT graciously volunteered to drive me in an AOT vehicle. First thing at the hotel was an ID check and swab test. Then check-in was a bit tedious. They wanted my seat numbers on all of my flights. Was told I could not leave the room until test results were in.

Arrived at the hotel at 1:00 AM and departed at 11:30 AM.

where was your hotel Bangkok or Pattaya

what was your total time in hotel 01:00-11:30 same day check in check out?

10 hours???

or 34 hours ??

Edited by bolt

2 hours ago, donx said:

No. You are correct about the issuance date, but the expire date is the last day you can use the Thailand Pass to enter Thailand. You can enter any day between the issuance date and the expire date. Think of it like the issue date and expiration date of other types of documents such as a passport or a drivers license.

Are you sure pls that you can enter anytime between the issue and expire dates? Because the Thailand Pass pdf itself specifies an "arrival date" and the documents to be uploaded include a hotel booking for specific date. In your case, is the "expire date" the same date as your flight and hotel booking? Thanks.

3 hours ago, bolt said:

where was your hotel Bangkok or Pattaya

what was your total time in hotel 01:00-11:30 same day check in check out?

10 hours???

or 34 hours ??

Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Hotel. About 15 minutes from the airport. Same day so 10.5 hours total time. It was 6900 Baht for the entire test and go package,.

• Thanks 1

Trouble at airport - onward ticket

I am flying this week from London to Bangkok via Doha with Qatar on a one way ticket.  Earlier this week my friend went London to Bangkok via Helsinki with Finnair on a one way ticket and he had a problem.

We both have non imm O/A retirement visas which are annually extended. And the Thai embassy has always said you don't need an onward ticket out of Thailand.

The Finnair transfer staff at Helsinki did a full document check (so what was the point of the Thailand Pass, but that is another issue) and told by friend he could not board as he did not have an onward ticket out of Thailand.

Fortunately there was sufficient time for several phone calls and eventually it was agreed he could board.  Finnair has got this completely wrong.

My question is has anybody had a similar experience with Qatar?  I want to be prepared!

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What period of time was his 50k insurance coverage.

I'm sure this was all about Finnair not understanding the rules covering retirement visas.  The issue was resolved after a phone call to the embassy. At no time was insurance mentioned.

35 minutes ago, No1Farang said:

Trouble at airport - onward ticket

I am flying this week from London to Bangkok via Doha with Qatar on a one way ticket.  Earlier this week my friend went London to Bangkok via Helsinki with Finnair on a one way ticket and he had a problem.

We both have non imm O/A retirement visas which are annually extended. And the Thai embassy has always said you don't need an onward ticket out of Thailand.

The Finnair transfer staff at Helsinki did a full document check (so what was the point of the Thailand Pass, but that is another issue) and told by friend he could not board as he did not have an onward ticket out of Thailand.

Fortunately there was sufficient time for several phone calls and eventually it was agreed he could board.  Finnair has got this completely wrong.

My question is has anybody had a similar experience with Qatar?  I want to be prepared!

In the past year I have flown to Thailand on Qatar, Eva and Finn Airways. 

Eva (from London) - Non-Imm O Visa - no onward ticket (using one way ticket).

Qatar (x2) from Doha - Extension of Stay (& re-entry permit) - no onward ticket (using return leg of ticket).

Finn from London (via Helsinki) - Thai Elite Visa - no onward ticket (using one way ticket).

I encountered no issues or questions regarding onward travel or visa status on any of those journeys (4x in 2020).

The regulations are clear: IF you hold a visa you do not need an onward ticket. \

If you have great concerns - have the regulations printed out. OR, even go as far as having researching and sourcing a fully refundable onward ticket which you could purchase if things get really sticky. 

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The regulations are clear: IF you hold a visa you do not need an onward ticket

100% correct.

I only mention this to show that airlines can be strange.....I had flight x Melbourne to Saigon on way back home to Thailand.

I had visa for Vietnam however only 5 days validity remaining.

Jetstar would not let be board without onward flight. 

I actually had one to Bangkok prior to expiry of Vietnam visa so all good to show screenshot.

Initially I refused as per your correct advice above that I was well aware of.

Story bit off topic, but travel advice always useful.

I'm on my 7th day so I did the at home Antigen test in my hotel room.  I read here that some of the Test & Go hotels wanted the result so I emailed mine (JW Marriott Bangkok), and this was their reply:

Please be inform that there will be no request to show ATK result to Hotel anymore just stay healthy

It's one of the biggest hotels in the country and has had their <deleted> together every step of the way, so I'm just going to go with that and not report. As I mentioned before, nobody told me to install that tracking app, so I'm not doing it in the either.

I return home Wednesday morning so I'll report if there are any issues then, but I really doubt it.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried submitting only the info for the second vaccination? Don't understand the need for details on the first vaccination. After all, you can't get your second shot until you get your first. Similarly, what about just the booster?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 10years said:

Has anyone tried submitting only the info for the second vaccination? Don't understand the need for details on the first vaccination. After all, you can't get your second shot until you get your first. Similarly, what about just the booster?

IF you only list your 2nd vaccine dose, how do they know it's not your first ? (without loading the QR codes).

It's not rocket science, no need to over think it or try to understand... just give ’the system’ what it wants.. list your last two shots so the system can easily check both (its coded to do that).

If you’ve only had 1 Janssen, list that... thats it.

Allow the system to check the right boxes and move on.... 

Edited by richard_smith237

5 minutes ago, 10years said:

the app asks for info on both initial shots, why would you leave the first one blank? What's the point, just asking for rejection?  I have a booster too, but there isn't any place to put that info in.  It is included in the QR Code though.