Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

I followed the Thaiger instructions and "successfully" (got green checkmarks) submitted information for myself (non-Thai) and my wife (Thai).

We are US-based. Did anyone from US receive an email confirmation after submission went through?

2 minutes ago, Denny Dillon said:

It just won't accept. When I put it in twice it was accepted and then came back as rejected due to vaccination not accurate. So now I went and got booster, But now it says my passport number is already in use. Grrrrr

Solution to that particular issue (passport number already in use) was mentioned numerous times in this thead. Add a space to it and try again. Don't forget to upload insurance file again though because it forgets it.

• Like 1

It just won't accept. When I put it in twice it was accepted and then came back as rejected due to vaccination not accurate. So now I went and got booster, But now it says my passport number is already in use. Grrrrr

That form is specifically made for entering 2 inputs for the vaxx dose, so it´s a stupid error that they will hopefully fix ASAP. Because I think everyone with J&J currently cannot apply for it. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Oh gawd.... this is just one endless snafu after another !!!!

With so much time to prep the App I didn’t envisage that this system could be so flawed, even for a government app. 

Suggestion for the QR code: Try a different device ??

Or perhaps the server the QR codes link to are as overloaded as the Thailand Pass site itself. 

This would be comical if it wasn’t interfering with people lives to get back to Thailand....

If the Thailand pass screws up it costs us about £2000 in flights !!!  

To you who have received your QR codes, what happens if you Scan it with a QR scanner? Can you see any information? 

Maybe we are not supposed to see any information there, due to privacy? Maybe the QR code only works for official use?

So you got a booster shot? Because i could get a booster shot this friday, but i was not sure about it, cause maybe then my first J&J shot would not be accepted anymore. Some people told me if i get a booster with Pfizer, this would count as 2 shots. i´m confused...

4 minutes ago, JR89 said:

That form is specifically made for entering 2 inputs for the vaxx dose, so it´s a stupid error that they will hopefully fix ASAP. Because I think everyone with J&J currently cannot apply for it. 

Would be a really stupid error, because they even added a line that says, you have to submit only one shot if you got J&J.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndreasStr said:

To you who have received your QR codes, what happens if you Scan it with a QR scanner? Can you see any information? 

Maybe we are not supposed to see any information there, due to privacy? Maybe the QR code only works for official use?

Seems like the actual QR code would be visible to you. How else could they scan it off your phone?

1 minute ago, Soulman1980 said:

Would be a really stupid error, because they even added a line that says, you have to submit only one shot if you got J&J.

Yup... but stupid errors and Thai's tend to go hand in hand... haha 

• Like 2

This is a comedy and a drama at the same time. What a ridiculous way to organise things that seriously impact people's lives. It's so hard to control myself and not use swear words!

I went through countless attempts to submit and managed to do so after several hours just to be rejected! I have one J&J vaccine done in the EU - submitted covid eu certificate and got rejected. Sent a few emails to the embassy as my flight is on Saturday  but no reply. I already paid for my flight, my hotel, insurance, covid test, etc. What a nightmare! 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, AndreasStr said:

Yes I can see my actual QR Code. But when I use a QR scanner app on my phone to check it, this is what gets up.

EADFB69F-F56F-4708-A86B-EBCF1285A41A.png

Oh. I understand. I would assume that it's because only they are supposed to see what comes up when you scan it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, privoz said:

This is a comedy and a drama at the same time. What a ridiculous way to organise things that seriously impact people's lives. It's so hard to control myself and not use swear words!

I went through countless attempts to submit and managed to do so after several hours just to be rejected! I have one J&J vaccine done in the EU - submitted covid eu certificate and got rejected. Sent a few emails to the embassy as my flight is on Saturday  but no reply. I already paid for my flight, my hotel, insurance, covid test, etc. What a nightmare! 

Thailand pass looks for passport number in vaccain eu cert and reject

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, privoz said:

I feel sorry for you. I haven´t even booked a flight or a hotel, i want to go in december, so i still have some time left, but i really want to go, because i miss the country after 2 years and i don´t want to spend another depressing winter in germany. And i don´t really trust the officials there to fix all the issues in time.

16 hours ago, gearbox said:

Some of us have flights soon. They have shut down the old CoE system in the past week or so, any application problems now hopefully shouldn't last long...otherwise I have to rebook everything.

The COE system is closed now? I had a pending COE that I procrastinated on; I just needed to upload my flight itinerary. Guess I'm SOL now.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Oh. I understand. I would assume that it's because only they are supposed to see what comes up when you scan it.

6 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

I would guess, the QR Code is encrypted for security/privacy reasons.

That’s my guess as well. Just wanted to check to be sure. 

2 minutes ago, Travis179 said:

The COE system is closed now? I had a pending COE that I procrastinated on; I just needed to upload my flight itinerary. Guess I'm SOL now.

Depends when you travel...for my dates it looked closed per this source:

https://www.thaiembassy.be/2021/07/14/sandbox/?lang=en

Although the data in the URL looks fairly old the page seems up to date.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Travis179 said:

If you were pre-approved then you can still finish your COE application until the 7th November and use the COE to enter under the new rules. I suggest going that route. I am doing the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maverick1976 said:

I know but thai not, you can read it also as requirement under thailand pass process under vaccain site and my pass was rejected today about this

So <deleted>-ing stupid. Not everyone even has a passport esp in the U.S. They think that anyone getting vaccinated who plans on traveling to Thailand will magically know that they have to get a passport before getting vaccinated and have the clinic write their passport number on their certificate?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Insane. EU and US certificates never include passport number.

Some FB users report no issues with the EU Digital covid certificate, so like everything else it looks quite random. I guess we'll soon find out.

1 minute ago, Staggeur said:

By dint of refusing the passes for this reason, when will this information go back to the auditors so that they can change their process? With Thai logic we can doubt that it will go quickly. And as some have started to edit themselves (with digital editing software) no one will figure out which one is the right one! In the end, the fakes will pass for the reference and the real ones for fakes! We're badly off!

Unless you can fake a QR code thats not going to happen. 

17 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Just submitted. 

A couple of notes:

1) The UK issued NHS Covid Pass of vaccination does not have a passport number or nationality stated so wonder if they will accept that

2) No PDF uploads possible. Documents must be jpg,jpeg or png only

Received an email immediately saying that "Thailand Pass System has received your registration. The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days".

Neither does the EU cert I got in Germany. No passport number and no Nationality on it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gearbox said:
13 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Insane. EU and US certificates never include passport number.

Some FB users report no issues with the EU Digital covid certificate, so like everything else it looks quite random. I guess we'll soon find out.

There's defiantly an element of irony... the Mor Promp Covid-19 vaccine certificate does not include the Passport Number either (before coming to the UK I had to edit my Wife’s which only had her Thai ID) - Neither is her Name in English (only in Thai). 

Neither was my Passport Number on my Covid-19 vaccine cert issued in Middle East.

An reportedly, neither is the the Passport Number on the Covid-19 vaccine cert issued in the UK, Europe and the US. 

Which... all in all is ridiculous considering the one of the primary uses of the vaccine certificates is for International Travel. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

So <deleted>-ing stupid. Not everyone even has a passport esp in the U.S. They think that anyone getting vaccinated who plans on traveling to Thailand will magically know that they have to get a passport before getting vaccinated and have the clinic write their passport number on their certificate?

Looks like lack of forward thinking and coordination. According to this source, which is "the mission of Thailand to the European Union",  the following is required:

https://www.thaiembassy.be/2021/07/14/sandbox/?lang=en

" Vaccination certificate

EU digital COVID-19 Certificates for both doses [except Janssen (Johnson and Johnson)] [Full pages clearly indicating details of names, vaccine names, and date of vaccination] or Local vaccination card or card from a vaccine company that clearly indicate details of names, vaccine names, and date of vaccination for both doses [except Janssen]
    EU recovery certificate/ Medical certificate confirming  COVID-19 infection record  and  EU digital COVID-19 Certificate for one dose
    ***Please be noted that the proof of vaccination is verified by the Public Health officers in Thailand"

No mentions of passport numbers and nationality.

It seems one does need the 2 certificates issued, one for the first dose, and the second, the completed green certificate. Most of the people travelling within Europe use only the green one, they do need both, as the dates for the doses are on  the different certificates.

I was able to submit on iPhone 13 pro max. Originally it kept saying passport number used, also got a rejection email because of vaccine. Well I received Janssen vaccine. So I put the same info twice. Can’t use same date, so I put one day ahead on the second one since I could move pass that to the next page. I used the same vax card and QR code as well on the second one. I downloaded google chrome on my iPhone and it worked perfectly. I’ve done 2 submissions so far. Download google chrome if your doing from a phone. And if you mysteriously was rejected, resubmit with a different email. I hope this helps! Also if you have any dash on your insurance number use spaces instead of the dash. 

EDB37AE5-A789-4FF9-86B3-D556E4E3D99E.png