Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

8 minutes ago, club said:

Looks great !!! To bad I cant get by first page. Error message

As you can see from this thread you're not alone. Dumb question maybe, but you did click the acknowledgement I assume (I missed it the first time, virtually no contrast). Other than that I went through the pages like a hot knife through butter, but that was just to have a look, knowing my luck when I need to use it for real I'll hit all the problems listed already on here or if they've "fixed them" by then, I'll find the new ones.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Staggeur said:

What does the booking ID correspond to ? 
Is it the reservation number noted on the hotel certificate ?

BOOKING ID blanc.jpg

someone has replied above but it depends on where you book from ( hotels directly, they will give you the number)

One thing though: you have ticked the Other box ? shouldn't it be a Sha+ or Sha whatever quarantine

11 minutes ago, Salerno said:

As you can see from this thread you're not alone. Dumb question maybe, but you did click the acknowledgement I assume (I missed it the first time, virtually no contrast). Other than that I went through the pages like a hot knife through butter, but that was just to have a look, knowing my luck when I need to use it for real I'll hit all the problems listed already on here or if they've "fixed them" by then, I'll find the new ones.

Well I did the same three times (filling phoney address and hotel name as I have not booked yet), then I read it would be helpful to disable the CORS on my browser, which I did.

Then...I attempted again and....SUBMITTED it .....How stupider can one get ?

I must admit that I was quite surprised to get the automatic submission notification 

I immediately tried again with the same details up till the passport page ( number was accepted ) so I guess I will do it when I get the hotel  ????

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, geordie said:

I have not tried to apply yet as I will travel on the 12th as my sha Hotel is booked for the 13th November.

I am not sure if it is too early to apply for the pass 

You can apply between 7 and 30 days prior to your trip. I would not wait if I had all the necessary documents

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Staggeur said:

Thank you but I bought my night directly at the hotel by making a transfer to his thai account. 
The only thing I have is a reservation number.

Eric blanc.jpg

It seems to be your booking ID But why don't you confirm with the hotel directly ? It would be safer 

Also, as mentioned above, you have to tick the Alternative Quarantine box rather than the "OTHER" box as shown on the picture you posted earlier as it seems you are staying for 10 days ( but I might be mistaken )

This says it is the same as reservation number, I guess it is so the immigration can call the hotel and ask questions about your reservation if they need to verify or to call you.

Be sure to check the ASQ box, not the "other" on your thailand pass application as it is required (asq, alq or SHA hotel)

https://partner.booking.com/en-gb/community/booking-advice-and-updates/booking-id

11 minutes ago, Staggeur said:

Thank you but I bought my night directly at the hotel by making a transfer to his thai account. 
The only thing I have is a reservation number.

Eric blanc.jpg

Edited by Gustomucho

14 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Time to bring out the popcorn. Did they use the same company that made the 90 day reporting for the Immigration department?

Indeed. An insider and residency muse. 

Nonetheless.......with all the discussion and press that this current mess is receiving everywhere of the last couple of days, I suspect the fix and modifying is in the works as we speak. 

I'm surprised that reasonably intelligent folks would be jumping on the program from the first week and expecting everything smooth sailing - that ain't the way it's working. 

I wouldn't bother until at least December.......maybe January. Allow them to figure out the numerous snafus and bs. More than likely they'll get it in time. 

For those who have made it through to the end...have you noticed that nowhere along the process does it ask for the prepaid PCR nor airport transfer confirmation, just "accomodation/booking #"....?

I uploaded the official booking.com confirmation email screenshot (SHA+ hotel in Phuket)...arranging the transport with them on the side, and they still do not have a Test & Go system so I asked them for the SHABA id so I can make arrangements for the test at the airport upon arrival at HKT via thailandpsas (TPSAS). Hope this works...

• Like 1

Just now, Sandboxer said:

For those who have made it through to the end...have you noticed that nowhere along the process does it ask for the prepaid PCR nor airport transfer confirmation, just "accomodation/booking #"....?

I uploaded the official booking.com confirmation email screenshot (SHA+ hotel in Phuket)...arranging the transport with them on the side, and they still do not have a Test & Go system so I asked them for the SHABA id so I can make arrangements for the test at the airport upon arrival at HKT via thailandpsas (TPSAS). Hope this works...

It seems to work differently for Phuket . All Sha+ hotels, at least in Bkk, provide both in their package. Initially I had planned to go through Phuket and had started enquiring and you are correct, they do not provide transportation so far and one must book the test on the side

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Staggeur said:

Thank you. I stay 1 night only (I am fully vaccinated), do you think I should check AQ?

No it is supposed to be Sha+ for one night 

And I have just looked it up: it is a SHA+

I confirm: tick that case

Edited by alyx
Added a sentence
  • Like 1

Another hypothetical:

TP is granted and QR issued.

I decide to change my schedule and fly a few days earlier. I know that any flight/date change requires TP re-registration (and let's assume the 2nd one also gets approved), but what then happens to the already granted one? Does it get cancelled automatically ans is unusable in case I decide to go back to the original travel date?

Or will I have two co-existing valid QR codes for 2 different dates?

The TP FAQs do not address this specific question, and I'm not about to be the test rabbit (really tempted though now that I've figured out how to use it problem free....would rather fly after 1 week rather than wait for my scheduled flight on the 20th). 

Edited by Sandboxer

6 minutes ago, alyx said:

No it is supposed to be Sha+ for one night 

And I have just looked it up on the wen: it is a SHA+

So tick that case

I disagree.  Many hotels are SHA but not necessarily AQ.

This is from the government website:

AQ hotels are hotels that are eligible to be used as quarantine sites under the AQ scheme as well as designated venues to wait for your RT-PCR result under the Exemption from Quarantine scheme.

Then this:

SHA is a certificate given by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to hotels and services that meet pandemic-level safety and health standards. ... Being a SHA+ hotel means more than 70 percent of the staff is fully vaccinated and that no unvaccinated staffers are allowed to have close contact with guests.

All AQ will be SHA, but not all SHA are AQ.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I disagree.  Many hotels are SHA but not necessarily AQ.

Doesn't really matter in this case.

5 A payment confirmation for no less than a 1-night stay upon arrival at the approved quarantine facilities (Alternative Quarantine – AQ, Organisation Quarantine – OQ, or Alternative Hospital Quarantine – AHQ), or SHA Plus-certified hotel.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Amber Hotel is AQ accredited and SHA+ accredited.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Staggeur said:

ok I understand,  SHA+ is better than AQ

Not sure in terms of what is better, but it is required that 70%, at least,  of their staff is vaccinated 

that does not any difference for you 

in any case your hotel is a Sha+ ???? 

8 minutes ago, Staggeur said:

ok I understand,  SHA+ is better than AQ

AQ highest level, then SHA+ then SHA.

Personally, I would stick to AQ given that is the logo on their receipt and they state "ALQ package" as what you have booked.

Edited by Salerno
Typo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

I did click the acknowledgement . What browser are you using?

3 minutes ago, club said:

I did click the acknowledgement . What browser are you using?

Chrome (on a Win 7 laptop). Not hitting any errors just luck of the draw I reckon, being a test run filled everything in but the the final submit at which time I would have been blocked by CORS no doubt.

help please. have application error "a client -side exception has occurred" - i not understand. am not tech savvy, cannot navigate this mess. other posts indicate i won't be able to do so. as such i cannot return to thailand. had a gutful of The Land of Silly. anyone want to buy my PKCP pattaya condo for cheap can pm me. 

• Haha 1