Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

8 minutes ago, Staggeur said:

it is not the QR code which is falsified. 
It is only an addition (and this addition is true) so can we consider that the document is false?

xxx.jpg

Not bad but your font choice is not the right one... 

edit : After inspection, it is pretty close, I guess it is only the last r from "passport number" who looks a bit weird but should be close enough... 

Edited by Gustomucho

11 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Looks like lack of forward thinking and coordination. According to this source, which is "the mission of Thailand to the European Union",  the following is required:

https://www.thaiembassy.be/2021/07/14/sandbox/?lang=en

" Vaccination certificate

EU digital COVID-19 Certificates for both doses [except Janssen (Johnson and Johnson)] [Full pages clearly indicating details of names, vaccine names, and date of vaccination] or Local vaccination card or card from a vaccine company that clearly indicate details of names, vaccine names, and date of vaccination for both doses [except Janssen]
    EU recovery certificate/ Medical certificate confirming  COVID-19 infection record  and  EU digital COVID-19 Certificate for one dose
    ***Please be noted that the proof of vaccination is verified by the Public Health officers in Thailand"

No mentions of passport numbers and nationality.

It seems one does need the 2 certificates issued, one for the first dose, and the second, the completed green certificate. Most of the people travelling within Europe use only the green one, they do need both, as the dates for the doses are on  the different certificates.

My clinic gave me one certificate with the first dose and just wrote the second dose on the same piece of paper. No passport number noted.

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There's defiantly an element of irony... the Mor Promp Covid-19 vaccine certificate does not include the Passport Number either (before coming to the UK I had to edit my Wife’s which only had her Thai ID) - Neither is her Name in English (only in Thai). 

Neither was my Passport Number on my Covid-19 vaccine cert issued in Middle East.

An reportedly, neither is the the Passport Number on the Covid-19 vaccine cert issued in the UK, Europe and the US. 

Which... all in all is ridiculous considering the one of the primary uses of the vaccine certificates is for International Travel. 

What I also find odd is that there is no clear back channel to the assessment people, so in case people get rejected they can argue their case and provide extra supporting documents if needed. My CoE in January got rejected initially, but it was sorted out with the embassy in less than24 hours.

For example I have an EU digital covid certificate which I got with my EU ID papers, but I'm in Thailand on my Australian passport, my reentry permit is there, and my insurance lists the Australian passport number. There was no way to get vaccinated in EU with an Australian passport. To make things more complicated I have a middle name in my EU papers but not in my Australian passport. But all in all all my paperwork is valid and I have 2 Pfizer shots!

There are also the cases of people who got vaccinated in countries where they are not citizens or residents, I know at least a few who flew to the US, got vaccinated and continued to Europe. What is the chance of them getting amended US covid certificates which include the numbers of their EU passports....pretty low I think.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Maverick1976 said:

My thailand pass rejected, a europe vaccain certificate from austria (eu) has no passport number included and must be rejected.

for COE it was work ????????‍♂️ 

do you have eu vaccain certificate with passport number?

I have EU cert from Germany and it does not have my passport number on it. I have 2 certs, 1 for first dose and 1 for 2nd dose. 

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Each time it fails to send an email it will still have saved the information in the DB but returns an error from the API. It wont let you retry with the exact same passport number. So to try and submit again one has to make up a unique passport number. That means for every retry you need to add one more space until you are lucky and the system does not run into its hourly email quota limit. That is assuming the CORS policy issue is resolved in your browser already. I didn't install any extension but launched chrome with an addition "--disable-web-security" commandline parameter which does the same.

For people who are not technical: The process of processing your submission consists of multiple steps. Here a rough sketch of how it likely works.

A -> B -> C -> D

A is accepting and validating the data.

B is saving it into the database.

C is sending the signup confirmation email

D is showing the result to the browser

The two most commong problems are at step A and C.

A is where the CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) issue lies that prevents the browser from submitting the data tot he backend server because that one was set up on a different domain than the site itself. Modern browsers will block it as unsecure. The developers failed to set up their webserver/backend correctly.

C is where it fails to send that confirmation email due to their email server being set up incorrectly and having some hourly quotas.

And here comes the kicker: When your submission fails at step C, it will still have passed B (data is in the DB). Now on the next try step B will fail because it already has the data. But if you can't try B again then you can't try the failed step C because B happens before C.

Adding a space will let you pass B again. Now you have another chance at step C. It might work and you are done. Or it might fail again and you have to add another space to get pass B once more.

All this is showing some fundamentally pretty badly designed and tested web app. The app should at step B allow submission even if the data is already there. It should track the exact status of the application and not just assume a trivial A -> B -> C -> D chain. It should automatically submit emails into a queue to be sent out whenever the email server can. It should not try to do so at the time the browser submits the data. The COE system was done much better in this respect and it is unfortunate that this new much worse system replaces it.

If anyone from the relevant agencies is reading this: I'd volunteer consulting and/or training, free of charge, for this or any similar system that helps people get services from the government. I have a work permit and relevant experience.

If I got stuck on C (didnt receive the confirmation email), should i just submit another application?

10 minutes ago, misterphil said:

I have EU cert from Germany and it does not have my passport number on it. I have 2 certs, 1 for first dose and 1 for 2nd dose. 

And even if any "numbers" would be present, it would definitely be those of the national identity card, but never the passport.
In the case of Germany, the "Personalausweis".

Anyway, the certificates doesn't include any numbers, so the Thais have to deal with it!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Staggeur said:

It is only an addition (and this addition is true) so can we consider that the document is false?

xxx.jpg

Strange: our French issued certificates, dating back to mid-July, do not bear the nationality nor the passport number 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Caggo said:

If I got stuck on C (didnt receive the confirmation email), should i just submit another application?

If you got an error then yes. But if you got a success message then it's hard to say how their backend system will handle this. You could err on the side of caution and try one more time. Sometimes emails take time to get delivered so if you got a success message but no email yet, I'd say wait maybe an hour or so. Also depends on how urgently you need the pass.

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

If you got an error then yes. But if you got a success message then it's hard to say how their backend system will handle this. You could err on the side of caution and try one more time. Sometimes emails take time to get delivered so if you got a success message but no email yet, I'd say wait maybe an hour or so. Also depends on how urgently you need the pass.

I have submitted the application about 5 hours ago. My girlfriend is flying to Phuket on 11th of November, so i will probably wait until tomorrow and if nothing comes, i will probably try again. 

37 minutes ago, gearbox said:

What I also find odd is that there is no clear back channel to the assessment people, so in case people get rejected they can argue their case and provide extra supporting documents if needed. My CoE in January got rejected initially, but it was sorted out with the embassy in less than24 hours.

For example I have an EU digital covid certificate which I got with my EU ID papers, but I'm in Thailand on my Australian passport, my reentry permit is there, and my insurance lists the Australian passport number. There was no way to get vaccinated in EU with an Australian passport. To make things more complicated I have a middle name in my EU papers but not in my Australian passport. But all in all all my paperwork is valid and I have 2 Pfizer shots!

There are also the cases of people who got vaccinated in countries where they are not citizens or residents, I know at least a few who flew to the US, got vaccinated and continued to Europe. What is the chance of them getting amended US covid certificates which include the numbers of their EU passports....pretty low I think.

Same here.. I was vaccinated in Qatar, my vaccination only showed my Qatari ID number. 

Twice I emailed the MoPH to reissue my vaccine certificate with my Passport Number...... nothing.

I was therefore forced to take matters into my own hands and simply added my passport number to the PDF Vaccine certificate myself - that ticks Thailands boxes... 

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Each time it fails to send an email it will still have saved the information in the DB but returns an error from the API. It wont let you retry with the exact same passport number. So to try and submit again one has to make up a unique passport number. That means for every retry you need to add one more space until you are lucky and the system does not run into its hourly email quota limit. That is assuming the CORS policy issue is resolved in your browser already. I didn't install any extension but launched chrome with an addition "--disable-web-security" commandline parameter which does the same.

For people who are not technical: The process of processing your submission consists of multiple steps. Here a rough sketch of how it likely works.

A -> B -> C -> D

A is accepting and validating the data.

B is saving it into the database.

C is sending the signup confirmation email

D is showing the result to the browser

The two most commong problems are at step A and C.

A is where the CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) issue lies that prevents the browser from submitting the data tot he backend server because that one was set up on a different domain than the site itself. Modern browsers will block it as unsecure. The developers failed to set up their webserver/backend correctly.

C is where it fails to send that confirmation email due to their email server being set up incorrectly and having some hourly quotas.

And here comes the kicker: When your submission fails at step C, it will still have passed B (data is in the DB). Now on the next try step B will fail because it already has the data. But if you can't try B again then you can't try the failed step C because B happens before C.

Adding a space will let you pass B again. Now you have another chance at step C. It might work and you are done. Or it might fail again and you have to add another space to get pass B once more.

All this is showing some fundamentally pretty badly designed and tested web app. The app should at step B allow submission even if the data is already there. It should track the exact status of the application and not just assume a trivial A -> B -> C -> D chain. It should automatically submit emails into a queue to be sent out whenever the email server can. It should not try to do so at the time the browser submits the data. The COE system was done much better in this respect and it is unfortunate that this new much worse system replaces it.

If anyone from the relevant agencies is reading this: I'd volunteer consulting and/or training, free of charge, for this or any similar system that helps people get services from the government. I have a work permit and relevant experience.

Excellent post... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SFSFSF said:

A week ago or so, a youtube channel thought that each consulate would process the thailand pass application.

Any idea if it's correct?

Has anyone who is USA based in the LA consulate's western region received a QR code? Thx

The COE system did that. For that reason you had to choose the consulate from a dropdown. The Thailand Pass system does not let you choose that and I doubt they parse the address information in all its myriad of formats to try to determine the nearest consulate. This leads me to believe that it does not work in the same way. Maybe they do it on a country basis but impossible to tell from the website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Staggeur said:

xxx.jpg

Thats what mine looks like but doesn't have my passport number or DOB on and its not a false cert. 

I tried the "AllowCORS" trick in Chrome but still couldn't get past the "Foreign National Header" error.

In MS Edge browser, I was getting to the end but repeatedly saw the API error there. 

I then tried afresh in Edge, adding a space after my passport no, and...

success.jpg.39461643b6a3a81fa2110446f9071fa4.jpg

This email came immediately:

tpemail.jpg.a4f9386b187d6870e4e90082b021d921.jpg

I also added my pp number to my vax cert, so fingers crossed for a quick approval. I hope to fly on the 8th.

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have not seen any AQ packages.

There are SHA+ rooms which can be booked for a night. 

The PCR test can be booked at the PSAS site (1 arrival test - 2400 baht)  https://www.thailandpsas.com 

The Transfer from Airport to Hotel is SHA+ (as thats all the airport allows). 

This may be the way around things. 

They are here but Agoda is cheaper and they have AQ packages. I booked mine with them. 

asq.in.th

19 hours ago, SFSFSF said:

I was able to submit mine, converting some pdf things into images.

At the end I just saw a dialog pop up saying success, with no way to look at status.

No email confirmation either.  Anyone see anything else?

I resubmitted a minute ago using a different email address and appending a space to my passport number.

This time (about 21:55 GMT) I both had success and immediately received an email acknowledgement.

I did use the workaround with chrome browser and the CORS extension...many thanks to folks who mentioned that.

I also put together an image for my hotel and covid testing at the phuket airport, making one image.  A good trick

I didn't think of when I was rushing thru the first time.  Thanks again to folks who suggested that one.

• Like 1

The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.

While some folks seem to get responses approved or not very quickly, just wanted to call out 7 working days is probably more like 9 days, maybe more depending on holidays.

Edited by SFSFSF
typo

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A little slow now but if patient you get further.

I went as far as this page and stopped since I don't plan on going any further.

image.png.9d45312c6b53ee6decb6a8b87ead7adb.png

You wont get any further. It gives you error message after that