1st Lot of Moderna Vaccine Arrives

snoop1130

FDF21QXVIAYCMPv-1.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 1 (TNA) – The first lot of 560,200 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine made by Moderna arrived in Thailand.

Sirikul Metevelungsun, deputy director of the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, said that the lot would be kept at a warehouse of Zuellig Pharma Co and tomorrow the Department of Medical Sciences would receive samples for examination.

After the examination, the company would distribute the vaccine to hospitals, she said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-814376

tnalogo.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Good luck with that. I believe several million doses (probably way more than are actually coming), have been paid for in advance some months back, so getting at the front of a very long and painfully slow queue could be harder than convincing your close ones to get a vaccine at all, if they are that way inclined.

I reckon now the stuff has started flowing into the country, it will be flooding in by early next year. A couple of million vaccines over 200 hospitals will be dealt with in no time. Don't be a glass half empty man, get in fast before everyone else piles in. ????

9 minutes ago, riclag said:

Finally its here ! I'm so happy for my family.

The Private called and said to expect a call before the 13th! We are 16th in line !  The CSR at Wattana Hosp in udon Thani has been a sweetheart ever since I contacted her  back in May! She kept us informed with the necessities ! 

She even registered me for the  USA donation of P vaxx when it was available in August! I took that  and transferred my Mvac dose to another family member.

A box of chocolates or a  thank you card with 1k will be given to this young lady ! Job well done ! To bad I can't say the same for the ones who were involved with the long awaited delivery

Edited by riclag

21 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Their Thai wives haven't been though! 

thats it, my wife has had her first sinopharm shot and will get the second one this week, didnt want the chinese stuff but ended up with no choice, she has been booked in for the moderna shots in 2 hospital since it was first called for but couldnt wait any longer, will sell the other 2 now unless she can keep one for a booster shot later on

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, seajae said:

thats it, my wife has had her first sinopharm shot and will get the second one this week, didnt want the chinese stuff but ended up with no choice, she has been booked in for the moderna shots in 2 hospital since it was first called for but couldnt wait any longer, will sell the other 2 now unless she can keep one for a booster shot later on

I  have bought  one(2 shots) for the second tier in the first quarter of next year  for another family member ,they had to get a vaxx for a job so I will use her dose  in  a booster shot to my Pvax and she can have the other dose to booster her Sinopharm

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, riclag said:

I  have bought  one(2 shots) for the second tier in the first quarter of next year  for another family member ,they had to get a vaxx for a job so I will use her dose  in  a booster shot to my Pvax and she can have the other dose to booster her Sinopharm

I think it unlikely they will allow you to split the 2 shots. Have you confirmed this is possible?

10 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Now is a good time to book Moderna for your loved ones if, like mine, they won't have the Chinese vaccines. ????

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Of all the Moderna that has arrive. Only 10% will be given to hospitals. The government will procure the rest for their program. In the hospital I paid and registered for many months ago. They claim they will only get 70k doses with the next 10 days. But reading this news is misleading to say the least. In Thai news I'm told they this other pertinent information. So don't quote me on it. Because I can't read Thai to know sure if my information is 100% accurate. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Chris.B said:

I reckon now the stuff has started flowing into the country, it will be flooding in by early next year. A couple of million vaccines over 200 hospitals will be dealt with in no time. Don't be a glass half empty man, get in fast before everyone else piles in. ????

everyone else has piled in already. We inquired abut it at Bangkok hospital in Khon Kaen , and they are not even taking reservations. They told my wife that every dose available has been reserved already.   

I paid for Moderna at a private hospital, but have now had 2 shots of Pfizer through the expatvac scheme. Booster not due for 6 months.

A local Thai now wants to buy my Moderna booking.  Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer it to another person? May depend on the hospital I suppose - A Ram hospital in my case.

As I've received a similar product for free I don't feel I've lost anything, so I wouldn't ask for money myself, but the wife probably would insist. 

I watched the full interview of the Thonburi Hospital CEO when he first tried to make that big order of Moderna himself, then got smacked down by the govt. Too much loss of face for them. Now all this waiting and a backlog of orders, to finally get this big truck paraded around with logos, so just the right people can get their pat on the back, as well as fat envelopes I'm sure. Ridiculous, useless drama.

• Like 1

May I ask a question ...

I registered on expatvac a long time ago .

About 6 weeks ago I got a call telling me to get my Sinovac at Phang Nga hospital which is a 300km drive away .

I did not want the Sinovac and cancelled the vaccination date .

No news from them after this .

Tried to register again for another Vax at expatvac , but cannot because my personal data is already registered .

I would like to get a vaccination , too , but I doubt that they will recontact me , as I refused the Sinovac ...

What to do ?

11 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Their Thai wives haven't been though! 

Sure, but most have had Sinopharm or Sinovac/AZ combo. The latter is very good and the former quite acceptable for relative youngsters.

All health bodies say the best vaccine is the one that you can get.  Right now those who have been waiting have 100% protection of nothing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

everyone else has piled in already. We inquired abut it at Bangkok hospital in Khon Kaen , and they are not even taking reservations. They told my wife that every dose available has been reserved already.   

Try another private hospital group.

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

May I ask a question ...

About 6 weeks ago I got a call telling me to get my Sinovac at Phang Nga hospital which is a 300km drive away .

Tried to register again for another Vax at expatvac , but cannot because my personal data is already registered .

I would like to get a vaccination , too , but I doubt that they will recontact me , as I refused the Sinovac ...

What to do ?

You need to approach the hospital itself or the local Public District Health Office.  I thought that Expatvac was exclusively Pfizer, so I don't know what happened there.  

Honestly, I wouldn't refuse a vaccine.  Where do you live?

• Like 1

Last week it was announced that the Moderna would be in Thailand on the 1st November and would then take about a week to distribute to the various private hospitals involved. 

Waiting in hope. ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Sure, but most have had Sinopharm or Sinovac/AZ combo. The latter is very good and the former quite acceptable for relative youngsters.

All health bodies say the best vaccine is the one that you can get.  Right now those who have been waiting have 100% protection of nothing.

No, most have not had Sinopharm. Only Chulabhorn have been distributing Sinopharm for the last month or two. Most Thais have had Sinovac and those that have had double Sinovac are now being advised to have a booster of another vaccine.

As for your mention regarding youngsters and what "All health bodies say....", I think you either made that up or dreamt it in your sleep!  :whistling::whistling:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I paid for Moderna at a private hospital, but have now had 2 shots of Pfizer through the expatvac scheme. Booster not due for 6 months.

A local Thai now wants to buy my Moderna booking.  Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer it to another person? May depend on the hospital I suppose - A Ram hospital in my case.

As I've received a similar product for free I don't feel I've lost anything, so I wouldn't ask for money myself, but the wife probably would insist. 

Yes, you will be able to transfer your vaccine rights you purchased to another.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Of all the Moderna that has arrive. Only 10% will be given to hospitals. The government will procure the rest for their program. In the hospital I paid and registered for many months ago. They claim they will only get 70k doses with the next 10 days. But reading this news is misleading to say the least. In Thai news I'm told they this other pertinent information. So don't quote me on it. Because I can't read Thai to know sure if my information is 100% accurate. 

Nonsense, today it has been reported that 430,000 Moderna doses will be allocated to private hospitals. 

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

May I ask a question ...

What to do ?

First, try re-registering using a different email address.

Secondly, from the British Embassy.....

"If you are having trouble registering for a Covid-19 vaccination please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) at [email protected]. If you successfully registered for a vaccine via the MFA website but have received an email stating your application has been declined, call the MFA on +66 (0) 2572 8442"

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

No, most have not had Sinopharm. Only Chulabhorn have been distributing Sinopharm for the last month or two. Most Thais have had Sinovac and those that have had double Sinovac are now being advised to have a booster of another vaccine.

As for your mention regarding youngsters and what "All health bodies say....", I think you either made that up or dreamt it in your sleep!  :whistling::whistling:

Canada, UK, and Australia for sure all advised taking the vaccine that is offered. I don't know about the USA, but I'm sure that would have happened when people started to express disquiet over the JJ vaccine.

It is blindingly obvious that mortality is strongly linked to age.

By declining a vaccine (even passively) we endanger our own health and to a lesser extent those around us, although probably not that much if you are under 50.

Link to WHO advice, but really this the advice I have seen from every recognized health board https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/media-resources/science-in-5/episode-35---which-vaccine-should-i-take-and-what-about-side-effects

Edited by mommysboy
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

Canada, UK, and Australia for sure all advised taking the vaccine that is offered. I don't know about the USA, but I'm sure that would have happened when people started to express disquiet over the JJ vaccine.

It is blindingly obvious that mortality is strongly linked to age.

By declining a vaccine (even passively) we endanger our own health and to a lesser extent those around us, although probably not that much if you are under 50.

Canada, UK and Australia are not providing Sinovac! ????????

• Like 1