Thailand reports 7,574 new COVID-19 cases, 8,279 recoveries and 78 deaths

webfact

covidReuters.jpg.196d9d9c959ececaedbe060700c6d2e3.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Tuesday (November 2) reported 7,574 new COVID-19 cases, 8,279 recoveries and 78 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 1,898,900

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 1,782,555

Tuesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,927,73 with 19,338 deaths.

The news comes as Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has added six more provinces to its “watch list”, in addition to the southern border provinces of Yala, Pattana, Narathiwat and Songkhla, due to concerns over a rising trend in new COVID-19 infections.

CCSA Assistant Spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan said Monday that Nakhon Si Thammarat in the South, Chiang Mai in the North, Khon Kaen in the Northeast, the western province of Tak and two eastern provinces of Rayong and Chanthaburi are now on the list.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update2NOV).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-02

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 2

Just now, Olmate said:

Do you walkin to a hospital if you are not sick? 

This of course is the thing. People might be a bit sick now, give themselves an ATK and get a false negative either through the kit not detecting the virus or it was incorrectly done or get a positive but do not report it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This of course is the thing. People might be a bit sick now, give themselves an ATK and get a false negative either through the kit not detecting the virus or it was incorrectly done or get a positive but do not report it.

Your jumping to people being sick. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Your jumping to people being sick. 

No idea what that means. I'm saying people may be symptomatic albeit mildy and self administer an ATK test which may give a false negative or a positive. If it's a positive they may very well not go to hospital with mild symptoms and not report it. Not sure if I can make this any clearer. Of course there's also people who may be close contacts of a confirmed case who have no symptoms, so not sick, who need to go to hospital for a PCP test. 

Edited by dinsdale

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

No idea what that means. I'm saying people may be symptomatic albeit mildy and self administer an ATK test which may give a false negative or a positive. If it's a positive they may very well not go to hospital with mild symptoms and not report it. Not sure if I can make this any clearer.

Not sure why you assume people are constanly sick, mildly or not. Keep in mind up to 1M per day are being vax, clearly they are not un well.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Very small drop from 150 the day before. But not good figures for Hua Hin though.

Health officials on Monday (Nov 1) reported 146 new COVID-19 cases, 62 of which were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 58 cases were found in Pranburi, 7 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 7 cases in Kuiburi, 3 cases found in Thap Sakae, 6 cases in Bang Saphan, No- case in Bang Saphan Noi, and 3 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan. No new deaths were reported today.

Nov 1: Prachuap reports 146 new COVID-19 cases, 62 cases in Hua Hin - Hua Hin Today English Newspaper Info, Reports, Events and News Social Life

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Not sure why you assume people are constanly sick, mildly or not. Keep in mind up to 1M per day are being vax, clearly they are not un well.

Please show anywhere where I said people are constantly sick. If you can't then stop saying this is what I said. It is a complete misrepresentation of my original post which was this ....

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Walkin numbers very low. Fairly sure ATK sales would be accordingly on the increase. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Please show anywhere where I said people are constantly sick. If you can't then stop saying this is what I said. It is a complete misrepresentation of my original post which was this ....

What you originally said was edited..right. However ..walkins are very low. My  Q .Why walk-in if your not sick? You persist with suggesting people are sick but not presenting at hospital,rather doing ATK. My thought is the walkins are down because fewer are unwell. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Chonburi announces 264 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 and 4 new deaths

Highlights:

264 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today

270 people recovered and were released from medical care

4 new deaths

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/02/chonburi-announces-264-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-and-4-new-deaths/

Latest official data from the worldometer ranking table for deaths/million of population over the past 7 days, including yesterday’s numbers, shows Thailand up 3 places at 67th in the world, 20 places below the UK.

Same table shows Thailand remain at 14th in Asia, 4 places below the Philippines and 5 places above Vietnam. 

The trend in the number of deaths over the past week is at 7 deaths/million of population, no change from yesterday over the 7 day period, with the number of official infections also falling 7% 

67 Thailand 61,032 65,345 -7% 871 461 463 0% 7 70,033,589

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The news comes as Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has added six more provinces to its “watch list”, in addition to the southern border provinces of Yala, Pattana, Narathiwat and Songkhla, due to concerns over a rising trend in new COVID-19 infections.

CCSA Assistant Spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan said Monday that Nakhon Si Thammarat in the South, Chiang Mai in the North, Khon Kaen in the Northeast, the western province of Tak and two eastern provinces of Rayong and Chanthaburi are now on the list.

Fully vaccinated numbers for the watch list Provinces

Narathiwat 27.7%, 

Pattana 29.5% 

Tak 31.6%

Nakhon Si Thammarat 32.2%

Khon Kaen 33.1%

Chanthaburi 38.4%

Yala 41.4%,  

Songkhla 41.8%

Chiang Mai 43.8% (first international flight will arrive in Chiang Mai this Friday (November 5th).

Rayong 46.6%

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Fully vaccinated numbers for the watch list Provinces

Narathiwat 27.7%, 

Pattana 29.5% 

Tak 31.6%

Nakhon Si Thammarat 32.2%

Khon Kaen 33.1%

Chanthaburi 38.4%

Yala 41.4%,  

Songkhla 41.8%

Chiang Mai 43.8% (first international flight will arrive in Chiang Mai this Friday (November 5th).

Rayong 46.6%

I don't normally speculate on numbers but the Rayong one caught my attention.

So according to this list, Rayong is among the most vaxxed provinces with 46.6% but yet it got added back to the watch list provinces list because of surging cases.

So either these numbers are false, incorrect, do not add up, etc, or as it has been said before; being vaxxed doesn't make you immune to the virus itself, it merely helps your immune system fight the disease.

Then again what would be very interesting is to know is which vaccine brand those 46.6% vaccinated folks got?

Let me guess... either the Chinese poop or the Russian one?

One enquiring mind would like to know...

Edited by NanaSomchai

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

What you originally said was edited..right. However ..walkins are very low. My  Q .Why walk-in if your not sick? You persist with suggesting people are sick but not presenting at hospital,rather doing ATK. My thought is the walkins are down because fewer are unwell. 

I spelt accordingly wrong or something like that hence the edit.

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Walkin numbers very low. Fairly sure ATK sales would be accordingly on the increase. 

Why walk in if your not sick? I think @Bkk Brian gave what very good explanation to this. You think fewer are unwell and by this I'm assuming your saying unwell with Covid-19 and to this I agree. The question is though are as I said previously

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

No idea what that means. I'm saying people may be symptomatic albeit mildy and self administer an ATK test which may give a false negative or a positive. If it's a positive they may very well not go to hospital with mild symptoms and not report it. Not sure if I can make this any clearer. Of course there's also people who may be close contacts of a confirmed case who have no symptoms, so not sick, who need to go to hospital for a PCP test. 

You also haven't shown where I said this.

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

All my posts on this thread are above. Don't obfuscate your reply and just quote me where I said this. Very easily done if I said your words "you assume people are constanly sick, mildly or not."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I spelt accordingly wrong or something like that hence the edit.

Why walk in if your not sick? I think @Bkk Brian gave what very good explanation to this. You think fewer are unwell and by this I'm assuming your saying unwell with Covid-19 and to this I agree. The question is though are as I said previously

You also haven't shown where I said this.

All my posts on this thread are above. Don't obfuscate your reply and just quote me where I said this. Very easily done if I said your words "you assume people are constanly sick, mildly or not."

Oh! Spelling or something. Thanx. Move on. I suggestconsider the possibility that walk ins are down because less people are becoming ill from Covid. Not too far fetched really.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

You're quite right of course. Before ATK's came along it was possible to get a measure of the situation to some degree with the number of hospital walk in cases even though at the time that was still limited because of many hospitals limiting testing, however now with widespread ATK use the situation has changed and as WHO Thailand pointed out just a few days ago:

There is also incomplete information about the number of people self-testing positive with the antigen test kits that are now widely available, making the situation more difficult to accurately assess.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

UPDATE: 7,574 confirmed cases, 2,113 probable cases (ATK), and 78 deaths (1.00%). Out of 98,444 patients , 42,170 are in hospital, 46,964 in hospitel and 6,365 in home/community isolation. There are 2,219 in a serious condition (-2) with 473 on ventilators (-21) #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1455344938439352327

Hello, are you able to tell me what the data (13.93%) in the brown box at the bottom represents? Is this a 7 day r-average for positive covid tests (based on both PCR and home ATK tests)?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, codemonkey said:

Hello, are you able to tell me what the data (13.93%) in the brown box at the bottom represents? Is this a 7 day r-average for positive covid tests (based on both PCR and home ATK tests)?

Thanks.

Here's my attempt at this:

Firstly no it does not include ATK tests, the positivity rate for those are occasionally given via the CCSA daily briefing slides.

The brown box represents the overall positive results per PCR test. So is Thailand's official positivity rate.

There are other metrics such as walk in positivity rates which are much higher, pro active testing positivity rates usually lower now that the worse is over, PUI positivity rates etc 

• Like 1