COP 26 | Prayut & Thailand | Whitewash

Jenkins9039

although Greta is a pain in the bum, and cant stand the girl.........she would have more chance of getting stuff done than these overpaid numptys that the world calls leader.

you only have to look at Biden and Johnson to see what a state the world leadership is in.

luckily i will be dead a long time before all the problems are irreversible, and i dont have kids.......I know that sounds selfish.....but when you look at the world leaders (with the exception of William and Charles) none of them have a clue, and care nothing about the world, only themselves.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Until the likes of other western and eastern countries get to start cutting emissions don't see why Thailand should do anything. 

Try telling that to the sufferers of burning fields in north Thailand and the residents of Bangkok . . 

BTW I saw Prayut Chan-o-cha making his speech but there no translation aids . Are there any translation screens or oral apps ?  Also what were his comments ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

COP 26 was a disaster .

It was the ultimate evidence that politicians are a hindrance to the very acute problems the whole world is facing now .

Those necktie wearing incompetent ass-holes who think that they are so very important and in a position to give orders to everyone , make things become more bad all the time .

Too blind to see what is really going on , they prefer to live undisturbed in their privileged space and fill their own pockets ... I pray that they will all be replaced by AI soon .

Mankind is on the edge of a cliff now and the politicians incompetence and inability to even find a consensus to the most important problems clearly shows where we all are heading ... we are the lemmings who are pushed over the edge by arrogant and blind politicians ...

The problem about the consequences of global warming is a global problem that needs a global solution ... all countries will be concerned and should act TOGETHER NOW !

But no , they cannot find a solution or even a consensus , they are useless idiots who are far from even recognizing what needs to be done now . It is always the economy and their re-election that comes first for them .

The price to pay for the soon coming disasters will be enormous .

Do you believe that they will be able to limit the global warming to 1.5 degrees ? 5 ! They will not . Too late already . Too much blabla ( thanks Greta ) and no action at all ... only plans to limit the emissions until 2050 ...

in 2050 the world will be a place where people are constantly fighting to just survive . Global warming will pass 3 degrees and that means this :

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zahrahirji/global-warming-3-degrees-celsius-impact

" deadly heat waves, massive wildfires, and damaging downpours will come far more often and hit much harder than they do today. The ocean will be hotter too and more acidic, causing fish declines and likely the end of coral reefs. In fact, a quarter or so of the Earth’s species may go extinct in such conditions or be headed that way. Our coastlines would be reshaped, a consequence of sea levels rising foot after foot, century after century, drowning places like Charleston, South Carolina’s Market Street, downtown Providence, Rhode Island, and the Space Center in Houston. "

https://www.economist.com/briefing/2021/07/24/three-degrees-of-global-warming-is-quite-plausible-and-truly-disastrous

" Three degrees of global warming is quite plausible and truly disastrous "

20210724_FBD001_0.jpg

Thanks for your meaningful post to which I agree to most of . However do you really think that the COP26 was a disaster cos it hasn't finished yet . The one thing that gets me is the lack of serious commitment to the delegates pledges . Talk is cheap and historically previous seminars have not had countries carry out their promises .

As Gretta and Attenborough have said , now is the time to act , there are no contingencies .

Every year we see weather to the extremes  and we think that it is a one off but it seems to be happening year on year . I watched a couple of days ago a BBC  magazine programme on Iraq where a lady was saying it was becoming uninhabitable because of the 50c temperatures and lack of plentiful water supplies .  Aircon was a necessity not a luxury but the a/c machines were not helping with the heat outside .  I get annoyed when every year we hear about the deforestation of the Brazilian jungles carried out by illegal loggers and aided and abetted by the Brazilian corrupt government . 

Sooner rather than later there is going to be a massive natural disaster that could have been avoided but those who could have acted but looked the other way will not be held to account  . Almost as bad as war crimes .

@050me

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, superal said:

Try telling that to the sufferers of burning fields in north Thailand and the residents of Bangkok . . 

BTW I saw Prayut Chan-o-cha making his speech but there no translation aids . Are there any translation screens or oral apps ?  Also what were his comments ?

It's been like that for years even before I came and don't see anything being done. 

It's up to the new generations of Thais to do something about it. 

What Prayut says and what he does is what politicians do,  I have no further opinion on the subject.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2021 at 12:48 PM, Kwasaki said:

Until the likes of other western and eastern countries get to start cutting emissions don't see why Thailand should do anything. 

Totally agree. Until China India and the US do something which I cannot see happening the rest are just being taken for a ride.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nickmondo said:

although Greta is a pain in the bum, and cant stand the girl.........she would have more chance of getting stuff done than these overpaid numptys that the world calls leader.

you only have to look at Biden and Johnson to see what a state the world leadership is in.

luckily i will be dead a long time before all the problems are irreversible, and i dont have kids.......I know that sounds selfish.....but when you look at the world leaders (with the exception of William and Charles) none of them have a clue, and care nothing about the world, only themselves.

William and Charles?

I read a report recently about Charles lecturing the Australian Government concerning global warming.

Perhaps he should lecture the UK government about the soaring cost of gas in order that his subjects don’t have to decide between eating and keeping warm this winter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Totally agree. Until China India and the US do something which I cannot see happening the rest are just being taken for a ride.

Yeah for OP to post about what Thailand can do is silly,  and world leaders like US, UK, France, Canada, Brazil say that have contributed more than than Thailand, China, to the state of the world atmosphere in the past for many centuries as it is of today and asking for cut downs it a joke in my book.