Thailand Pass helps streamline international arrivals

snoop1130

3 hours ago, cape said:

There is now email confirming receipt of your application and assuring you that you will receive a decision within 7 working days.

Seven working days.

Doc s needed :

-A Certificate of Vaccination
-A COVID-19 Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR, negative
-A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
-An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.

-e-visa if you have applied for one (eg 60 day tourist, work, health, student ...)

You don't need the Covid 19 (negative) for the Thai Pass.

You need one to present when you arrive (along with Thai Pass number,) taken within 72 hrs of arrival.

Edited by alphonse

14 hours ago, funky moped said:

i was acctually on the phone in the uk yesterday to the 119 number to try to get a copy of my vaccine certificate with my NHS number or Passport number on it , they dont do it, they are sending a copy to me but according to the girl on the helpline it shows neither PP number or NHS number, i had no problems using the thailand pass web site using the Brave browser, chrome and firefox both had issues, took about 8 minuets to complete using Brave , make sure your docs are JPEG, put all the info you are going to need in a word document and copy and paste straight into the website.

you need pp number, hotel booking confirmation number, hotel address,  insurance policy number, vaccine dates, flight number, home address and phone number , get it all set out before you start and it will take 5 or 6 minuets to fill out, The main problem as of last night there is no confirmation email to say they have recieved the application,  

FYI, and other Brits, you can download the vac cert straight from the NHS App on your PC or phone - you don't have to phone and wait for it to arrive.

6 minutes ago, VBF said:

You're absolutely right, but, sadly, having worked in IT for several decades (the last 18 years in Development) the chance of that actually happening is VERY remote. Why? Well when you get projects that are managed from US, developed in, say, UK, the coding done in India, and the testing in UK the time and cultural differences just get  in the way, despite the best efforts of Project Management.

So imagine that extrapolated over several other countries, time zones and cultures and you get the idea.

Should it happen? No, of course not. Do people have different ideas and egos? Yup!

IMO and also IME, the only way it could work practically would be for everyone to agree that one country takes charge and all follow that country's lead.

Sort of like a technical version of the UN or EU.  Now what could possibly go wrong with that? ????

I understand the myriad potential difficulties and you make it very clear. It's a pity really as the global issues that now affect us all need global solutions. Couldn't our health QR codes be uploaded to a global app, such as FB for use locally or a travel app such as Airline app/Trivago for international border requirements? Considering the cost of the restrictions and economic chaos has is now in the trillions.  Are these QR codes, as I have on my NHS/UK app, unique and recognized globally? 

Thank you for the interesting reply anyway

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Sorry to rain on the parade of those who love to complain, but they managed to greatly improve and streamline the existing COE process over the past year, improving the online upload process. It was much easier this time around, I expect this will also improve with time. As I've said before, a lot of problems occur because people make mistakes in their applications, then they blame the system. I can't see how anyone could reasonably expect something like this to get off the ground without some bugs. The USA is a god awful bloody mess of whiners who don't want to wear masks or get vaxxed, in spite of 725,000 dead. If anyone knows where that perfect world exists against which you measure Thailand and that you are using to base your complaints on, please post directions. But hey, I understand that taking potshots at the shortcomings of Thailand is a sport for most of you, which, if taken away, would leave a great vacuum in your lives. So, carry on, while the rest of us chuckle to ourselves at your curmudgeonly absurdity. 

Well constructed. 

Though, sadly, will fall on deaf ears and the usual mind numbing sense. 

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Streamlined...lol, there are over 40k in the que to be processed and many have had the app crash on them as they have tried to register...just like any Thai app it is fraught with glitches.  Why do they not hire a proper web developer to build a site for them instead of hiring someone's supposed computer knowledgeable family member....However, I could be wrong.......

where do you find it. 

1 hour ago, Oblomov said:

I understand the myriad potential difficulties and you make it very clear. It's a pity really as the global issues that now affect us all need global solutions. Couldn't our health QR codes be uploaded to a global app, such as FB for use locally or a travel app such as Airline app/Trivago for international border requirements? Considering the cost of the restrictions and economic chaos has is now in the trillions.  Are these QR codes, as I have on my NHS/UK app, unique and recognized globally? 

Thank you for the interesting reply anyway

You're welcome.

The answer is...Yes they could...technically, but unfortunately it all comes back to people's attitudes and willingness to cooperate. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Update from Richard Barrow just checking in for his flight to Thailand from London:

A little bit of drama at the Thai Airways check-in at Heathrow but all sorted now. They didn’t understand or even know how to scan the QR Code on my Thailand Pass. Then they insisted I needed to print out all the documents like you have to do for COE, including the QR Code THREAD

The idea of Thailand Pass is that you don’t need to print everything as it is contained in the QR Code. In Bangkok, you just show 3 things: the QR Code, your printed test results, and passport. Luckily I did have a print-out for hotel booking, test results & vaccine certificate

My insurance was initially a problem. She wanted to see a policy where it says Covid coverage. I only had my social security digital card. I pointed out that MFA wouldn’t give me Thailand Pass if it wasn’t acceptable. Finally she found someone with a QR Code reader on their phone

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1455845446056878086

Thailand Pass the Nightmare Continues ....................

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, scorecard said:

How do the Thailand Pass people know your date/time of arrival at Suvarnabhumi? 

In the application you put Date of Arrival.

You also input the duration of AQ (i.e. 9th - 10th Nov, so they know your arrival on 9th). 

Regarding the time: the Thailand Pass people don’t really need to know that, they only need to know they day to issue approval to arrive on that day.

With the AQ Booking, Thailand Pass then know that arrival, transfer to hotel and PCR test is taken care of (for Bangkok arrivals). 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Update from Richard Barrow just checking in for his flight to Thailand from London:

A little bit of drama at the Thai Airways check-in at Heathrow but all sorted now. They didn’t understand or even know how to scan the QR Code on my Thailand Pass. Then they insisted I needed to print out all the documents like you have to do for COE, including the QR Code THREAD

The idea of Thailand Pass is that you don’t need to print everything as it is contained in the QR Code. In Bangkok, you just show 3 things: the QR Code, your printed test results, and passport. Luckily I did have a print-out for hotel booking, test results & vaccine certificate

My insurance was initially a problem. She wanted to see a policy where it says Covid coverage. I only had my social security digital card. I pointed out that MFA wouldn’t give me Thailand Pass if it wasn’t acceptable. Finally she found someone with a QR Code reader on their phone

Things will go easy for Payola Barrow. He has his benefactors running interference for him.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

It appears that the universal memos were not distributed nor everyone not on the same page. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, VBF said:

FYI, and other Brits, you can download the vac cert straight from the NHS App on your PC or phone - you don't have to phone and wait for it to arrive.

neither the one on the phone NHS app or the downloaded one have NHS number or passport number, i have a copy of both on my PC , the only place it can be is buried within the barcode, it is definitely not visible on the cert itself.

2 minutes ago, funky moped said:

neither the one on the phone NHS app or the downloaded one have NHS number or passport number, i have a copy of both on my PC , the only place it can be is buried within the barcode, it is definitely not visible on the cert itself.

Neither has the printed one - i have both, so my original point which was that it's quicker to download it rather than phone and wait, still has merit.

Except, possibly, that the downloaded one has an expiry date 30 days after downloading - the printed one doesn't appear to expire.

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Neither has the printed one - i have both, so my original point which was that it's quicker to download it rather than phone and wait, still has merit.

Except, possibly, that the downloaded one has an expiry date 30 days after downloading - the printed one doesn't appear to expire.

has anyone had the downloaded version accepted by thailand pass ????

I got my Visa yesterday 11/2 submitted on 10/28… went onto the TP site today and had a bit of a glitch when entering the normal way… I went back and entered the site with the /reservation on the URL… That worked, entered my information and uploaded my Jpegs of all my documents… Said successfully enter.. will wait to see if I get my QR code in the next few days… They should get the site to allow PDF’s, but photos do seem to work… I will update when and if I get my QR Code….

14 hours ago, funky moped said:

has anyone had the downloaded version accepted by thailand pass ????

Don't know but seeing as how you seemingly need to upload it to the web, how would they even know whether you've taken the downloaded version or scanned the printed one?

11 hours ago, Pilot3Boz said:

I got my Visa yesterday 11/2 submitted on 10/28… went onto the TP site today and had a bit of a glitch when entering the normal way… I went back and entered the site with the /reservation on the URL… That worked, entered my information and uploaded my Jpegs of all my documents… Said successfully enter.. will wait to see if I get my QR code in the next few days… They should get the site to allow PDF’s, but photos do seem to work… I will update when and if I get my QR Code….

I cant find the URL with /reservation in it. The only URL I see is https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

Can you post the URL you used?

On 11/2/2021 at 6:48 PM, funky moped said:

i was acctually on the phone in the uk yesterday to the 119 number to try to get a copy of my vaccine certificate with my NHS number or Passport number on it , they dont do it, they are sending a copy to me but according to the girl on the helpline it shows neither PP number or NHS number, i had no problems using the thailand pass web site using the Brave browser, chrome and firefox both had issues, took about 8 minuets to complete using Brave , make sure your docs are JPEG, put all the info you are going to need in a word document and copy and paste straight into the website.

you need pp number, hotel booking confirmation number, hotel address,  insurance policy number, vaccine dates, flight number, home address and phone number , get it all set out before you start and it will take 5 or 6 minuets to fill out, The main problem as of last night there is no confirmation email to say they have recieved the application,  

i can now confirm the posted covid certificate from the 119 helpline has neither passport number or NHS number , i now have all 3 versions and they are all basically the same .  

On 11/3/2021 at 6:41 PM, John Drake said:

Things will go easy for Payola Barrow. He has his benefactors running interference for him.

I think you can not Count on him anymore seems he is getting more aligned with government ever passing hour

hes just a paid Shrill now

• Like 1