Rottweilers face transfer after neighbors repeatedly attacked - but they make "lovely pets"

webfact

Any dog can be a pain in the a**. It is how their "leaders"raise them.

Even a tiny chihuahua. Now these boys are bigger.

Indeed a Rottweiler is said to be loyal, gentle, not aggressive, but if you arent the leader of the pack then

they could turn into something else, as any dog.

In fact it is the same with your lovely baby son or daughter. They were so nice when they were young and then could turn into something horrible later. Bullying is one of those things which can change a person complete.

If you come to collect them and about 20 people are nervously around, how would they act then?

If you watch Cesar Milan, you can see how many owners have problems with their dogs.

All is about the owners, not the dogs. 

• Thanks 2

I don't believe that these beasts would go into others' properties and 'attack' them. That's not what dogs do. Have they actually attacked anyone?

I reckon that people are just scared, and quite rightly so... but how about the facts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

All it takes is some fresh meat and rat poison. Can't be too hard if the dogs roam around unattended. I

Can't be too hard?   Let's have the solution, then.   If these hadn't been removed already, where would you suggest that the poisoned meat is left and how would unintended victims be kept away from it?  Maybe a "Rottweilers only" sign?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

I thought the article was about how VETs had given a Rottweiler a "face transfer" after it was repeatedly attacked by a neighbor. 

For the love of God I cannot understand why the locals have not taken this matter in their own hands already. All it takes is some fresh meat and rat poison. Can't be too hard if the dogs roam around unattended. Its either that or your kid being torn to pieces next week... easy choice.

Ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Any dog can be a pain in the a**. It is how their "leaders"raise them.

Even a tiny chihuahua. Now these boys are bigger.

Indeed a Rottweiler is said to be loyal, gentle, not aggressive, but if you arent the leader of the pack then

they could turn into something else, as any dog.

In fact it is the same with your lovely baby son or daughter. They were so nice when they were young and then could turn into something horrible later. Bullying is one of those things which can change a person complete.

If you come to collect them and about 20 people are nervously around, how would they act then?

If you watch Cesar Milan, you can see how many owners have problems with their dogs.

All is about the owners, not the dogs. 

There used to be a lady dog trainer called Barbara Woodhouse in the UK and she was great with dogs, Sadly she is long gone and died back in 1988. Her voice grated on me but she was very good. Google her, and there quite a few videos of her working with dogs, plus she wrote a few books as well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

When I first moved here years ago, my Thai language teacher told me about when she was a child. Neighbor had 4 or 5 mean dogs that he let run free in the alley. 

Her father told the guy be had better lock the dogs up. Or else. The guy didn't. The girl, then about 7 years old and walking home from school, got bit on the leg one afternoon.

Next morning, every single dog was dead. Shot in the head. 

End of story.

That is a man I admire.

So at least 6 dogs lost their lives so that the correct dog was punished.

You admire the wrong people.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

There used to be a lady dog trainer called Barbara Woodhouse in the UK and she was great with dogs, Sadly she is long gone and died back in 1988. Her voice grated on me but she was very good. Google her, and there quite a few videos of her working with dogs, plus she wrote a few books as well.

'Walkies'
I am the same as you... she wasn't a 'people person' but she knew her dogs.

• Like 1

Repeated attacks and bites...

If a Rotty goes into your house and bites you, then it has a reason and you wont be able to report it.

I don't believe much of this story, and it's being sensationalised.

Thais are sh*t dog carers* in general, but there is plenty of scum in the west who get dangerous breeds.

Yes these three Rotties were probably left/released to do toilet things but they will not go around attacking people without the result being national news of fatalities.

This morning I saw 6-7 Mastiff/Pitbull crossbreeds chained to posts for their morning 'exercise' before being returned to whatever hell is their life for the other 23 hours each day.

If you want to help out, go here* at 6am

Googly maps 13.819759450341703, 100.39367447613952

• Confused 4

Something that may surprise many on reading this. I assume in the USA as it's from a Chicago report.

What breed has the most dog attacks?

Labradors lead the pack with the most number of attacks, which is a surprising discovery when taking into account the mild nature of the dogs. However, many dogs develop aggressive tendencies as a result of their training, making owners responsible for their aggressive outbursts.

In fact the first person to ever receive a face transplant after being savaged by a dog was a French woman and the dog was her own Labrador.

• Like 1

2 days ago there were 5 dogs on my front porch snarling and snapping. When I shouted at them a couple of times they ran off. I forgot to take my catapult with the clay ball slugs.

The dogs run in a pack around all the houses in the moo ban. They may have come from the temple which has a lot of ownerless dogs.

We don't have ANY animals since the cat went AWOL a month ago.

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling

ok i know its the same old same old  irresponsible  dog owners  who just don't give a sheeet about their neighbours its unbelievable what they are allowed to get away with and there is sod all we can do...now in our soi  2 bull dogs terrifying any one who walks past the gate my young children no longer go out and play on their bikes the  ..owners Don't care ....but no one here says anything im the only farang in the soi i wanted to go and see the bloke but my wife said no 1 this is normal here and 2 they would take offense being told by a foreigner...i love this place but their customs as far as dogs ...well enough said

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Something that may surprise many on reading this. I assume in the USA as it's from a Chicago report.

In fact the first person to ever receive a face transplant after being savaged by a dog was a French woman and the dog was her own Labrador.

Those labradors are vicious creatures, especially when hunting in packs ...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wombat said:

No such thing as a bad dog.
Only bad owners.

Hope the kool aid you were given was sweet.   Your statement is not true in any sense of the word.  We have had to destroy a few dog's when no matter what you do to prevent it, they killed chickens and our domesticated Doves & Pheasants by the dozens.  Well kept, well fed, walked regularly had acres of rice land to roam whenever we allowed them, no matter what we did, they would kill the birds - not eat them, just kill them.   over ten years, my neighbors killed 4 or 5 of my animals, all family, and I have had to give dog's to the humane society folks.   My point is once a dog decides it wants to do something, there is nothing a human can do to stop it.  We got lucky and now have 2 well trained dogs who could give a rats tail about a chicken, don't chase them, don't kill them either..........again from the same family of dog's.   As Csxrnz above says "...."can go from playful to psycho bitch in a blink of an eye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Get a 'cattle prod'. Available on Lazada. About 1500 Baht. Others available on 

http://thai.farmates.com/products-p9.html

d0ec9c0ef086c78745391aed5a488cd6.jpg_2200x2200q80.jpg_.webp

Great idea, but they are illegal, if caught abusing an animal with one of these, you can be arrested, fined and even jailed in Thailand  -  I knew an Aussie Pub owner in Jom Tien that took the law in his own hands over stray dogs, spent 90 days in the slammer, and fined B100,000.  He was turned in by a can and plastic bottle mamasan when she saw him doing what he did.