Thailand recovery picks up pace

webfact

1-3.jpg

Photo credit: TAT’s Visit Thailand Year 2022 press launch at WTM.

By TTR WEEKLY

BANGKOK, 5 November 2021: Thai Airways International and its subsidiary Thai Smile have resumed flights on 36 routes from their home base at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi airport.

The airline says the increase in routes responds to the Thai government’s decision to reopen travel to fully vaccinated travellers from 63 countries and territories effective 1 November.

During the first three days, 1 to 3 November, the Department of Health said 4,510 travellers entered the country with just six passengers testing positive for Covid-19.

Most of the passengers were returning Thailand residents plus travellers from Singapore, Japan, Germany, London, Qatar and China, the Department of Health told AP news agency.

Full story: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2021/11/thailand-recovery-picks-up-pace/

TTR_new.jpg

-- © Copyright TTR Weekly 2021-11-05

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Deli said:

And I still don"t get it. Tested 72 hour max priot to departure negative, arrived on Thai soil they test positive and go for 2 weeks to the monkey house. How can  ?

Presumably they either caught covid, or the covid in their body increased to a detectable level, some time between the test prior to leaving and the test when they arrived in Thailand.

I hate to sound all optimistic here but there are reports coming out from the W.H.O. that the pandemic could be ending spring 2022.  That's not to say that COVID won't still be around, it means that there is certainly light down there somewhere at the end of the tunnel.  

Apologies to all who expect nothing but doom and gloom from me.  I know this is very unexpected...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RafPinto said:

From bankrupt to  magical recovery and all this when the country was  "almost" completely closed.

They probably make more money by NOT flying.

Do you mean lose less money by not flying? I would say that is accurate. It will take some time to get to BE, but they have to start from somewhere.