Private hospitals only getting 1,000 doses of Moderna each in the middle of November

MrJ2U

17 hours ago, sirineou said:

Anyone has any idea where I can get a booster shot? IWe are in Khon Kaen, and I am vaccinated with Pfizer, so I guess a Pfizer or a moderna booster would be what is required. 

1 hour ago, sirineou said:
3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I know this is very far from you, however, might be a start, I mean if your keen to travel overseas, this might be as close as a local flight for you.

https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index-en.html

Thank you. 

I will look into it. We were thinking of taking a ride to Bangkok , visit some family. and have some of that Great Bangkok food anyway. 

Not sure how the Bangkok link helps you? It's only AZ boosters for foreigners who had two Sinovacs?

Edited by WorriedNoodle

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

When did you receive your wife's appointment date at Bangkok Udon Thani ?

We registered and were given the number that we were in the line 13,000's but not date, something very suspect going on here because this consortium was supposed to receive 1.9 million doses if I'm not mistaken and it was to arrive on the 1st November, then checked and dispersed.

If privates are only receiving 10,000 doses each, that means 190 hospitals.

But they only got around 560,000 doses to distribute this delivery.

23% going to the Thai Red Cross.  (Not your typical Red Cross- all business).

211 Private hospitals registered in Thailand, not all are participating.

Some hospitals in deep red zones get more than those that aren't.

Basically a very convaluted distribution process.

Typical Thai planning.

Nobody really has a handle on whats going on.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Not sure how the Bangkok link helps you? It's only AZ boosters for foreigners who had two Sinovacs?

He said he was going to look into it, I can't see why they would knock him back:

A) He is a foreigner

B) He was vaccinated overseas

I don't believe they would say, oh your 65, have a heart condition and were vaccinated overseas so your not entitled to a booster vaccine.

Hopefully he will update us when he enquires, if you don't ask, you won't know, besides it's better than twiddling your thumbs as a lead, is a lead, is a lead.

@sirineou

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

it's better than twiddling your thumbs and a lead is a lead is a lead.

Seems the only way to get what you need, especially vaccines.

My friend in in Bangkok said there running seriously low on Astra once again and are sneakily trying to give recipients Sinovac.  

Most refuse and walk out <deleted>!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I wrote off Moderna/Pfizer as a realistic option and went for Sinovac/AZ .......not ideal by any means, but a bird in the hand is better than no jabs in the arm.

Well that was a bad move because many expats were vaccinated with Pfizer in the last two months via Expatvac.

1 minute ago, Chris.B said:

Well that was a bad move because many expats were vaccinated with Pfizer in the last two months via Expatvac.

I had my jabs in June, so have been 'safe' since then.

I have a notion I would have been seriously peed off if I had died 8 weeks ago waiting for Pfizer.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Seems the only way to get what you need, especially vaccines.

My friend in in Bangkok said there running seriously low on Astra once again and are sneakily trying to give recipients Sinovac.  

Most refuse and walk out <deleted>!

I know a man who has a friend in Bangkok and he says your friend is talking BS. :whistling:

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I had my jabs in June, so have been 'safe' since then.

I have a notion I would have been seriously peed off if I had died 8 weeks ago waiting for Pfizer.

The government weren't doing the Sinovac/AZ combination back in June. ???????? 

I've just had my 2nd AZ jab, by the end of this month the mrs will be fully vaxed with AZ, I bought 2 shots of Moderna for her back on 25th Aug 21, as at the time we didn't know when she was ever going to get offered a reliable vaccine, we need to speak to the hospital to turn those 2 shots into boosters for April/May time for me and her.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

He said he was going to look into it, I can't see why they would knock him back:

I just did. It's quite clear on the web site. Foreigners with 2 Sinovacs can sign on for a AZ booster. All others won't be allowed. You cannot control the situation in a country that has limited vaccines and doesn't have any other stock. Only way if you want to pick and choose is to get your own in another country,

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Most refuse and walk out

You come across as an authority on this when most likely you aren't? Your confusion at @Will B Goods post about getting a Sinovac jab as being better than nothing compounds this thought.

It's not a buyers market, you get what you are given end of. Personally I'd rather be vaxed than not. YMMV.

28 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

It's not a buyers market

It is if you're paying for it.

I wouldn't take these post personally. 

Most people in the forums are trying to help one another out.

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

we need to speak to the hospital to turn those 2 shots into boosters for April/May time for me and her.

I did get the Mrs to speak to the hospital on my behalf as I had two Pfizer shots and they said they would hold the shot for 3 months, so that will depend on when they give her, her 1st dose date, because I am the number right behind her, that said the sooner she gets hers the better, I don't really care about the timing of the booster, but March/April would fit in nicely, otherwise the sister-in-law will buy it off me, keeps asking me every week.

• Like 2

To get back on track, I actually ordered for my wife and me at 3 places within an hour of them taking bookings months ago.

Bumrungrad told me that they are not allocating first come first, serve, but by need. So unvaccinated first, then those w 2 sinovac can get 1 booster. After that they didn't say. At one point they told me they would only give me 2 moderna shots if I only had a single shot prior. If already had 2 jabs of something else, they would only give single shot booster.

MedPark said first come first serve and I was in first batch, queue 4,000 no date given yet. But I don't believe they will get 4,000 from the first batch.

Phyathai, first come first serve, gave me Nov 22nd for first shot.

Unused shots all of the above is letting me transfer to someone else.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, watboy said:

To get back on track, I actually ordered for my wife and me at 3 places within an hour of them taking bookings months ago.

Bumrungrad told me that they are not allocating first come first, serve, but by need. So unvaccinated first, then those w 2 sinovac can get 1 booster. After that they didn't say. At one point they told me they would only give me 2 moderna shots if I only had a single shot prior. If already had 2 jabs of something else, they would only give single shot booster.

MedPark said first come first serve and I was in first batch, queue 4,000 no date given yet. But I don't believe they will get 4,000 from the first batch.

Phyathai, first come first serve, gave me Nov 22nd for first shot.

Unused shots all of the above is letting me transfer to someone else.

Update, MedPark told me they got 2,170 shots, so I won't be in first batch.

4 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

A bit selfish of you during a pandemic. Booking 6 sets of jabs for two people. ☹️

Why? Would only use 2 shots each anyways and unused shots would not go to waste, If I don't transfer them, hospital will resell them to others. There were also alternative freely available shots that were available before.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, watboy said:

Why? Would only use 2 shots each anyways and unused shots would not go to waste, If I don't transfer them, hospital will resell them to others. There were also alternative freely available shots that were available before.

Because you have pushed 4 people, who also desperately want the vaccine, further down the waiting list. Then, you come on here to brag about it! It's the Me-Me generation, very sad.  ☹️☹️

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2021 at 9:16 PM, Chris.B said:

Because you have pushed 4 people, who also desperately want the vaccine, further down the waiting list. Then, you come on here to brag about it! It's the Me-Me generation, very sad.  ☹️☹️

I'm transferring the 4 unused shots to relatives. How would the final allocation have been any different if I had booked shots under 6 names than under 2 names? And I'm not here to brag, I'm here to share information on status of shots, which is the original point of the thread.

• Sad 1

On 11/7/2021 at 9:31 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I too paid for Moderna back in June and as I have had Pfizer asked if I could delay jab till March/April and was told yes, so if you are also wanting it as a booster for March/April, talk to the hospital again.

On the other hand, if you are not wanting it for then and want to sell it and are around Udon Thani, PM me as I believe that I have a buyer for the same amount you paid for it of course.

Frankly, if I'm able to get a Moderna booster in March/April, I'd give the 2nd jab free if the hospital allows the transfer. But it would be administered at Nakornthon Hospital located in Bang Khun Thian just south of Rama 2 Central Plaza.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Frankly, if I'm able to get a Moderna booster in March/April, I'd give the 2nd jab free if the hospital allows the transfer.

Great minds think alike and if the hospital is smart, they can make a buck out of it as I would be donating mine to the hospital as I won't have use for the 2nd jab and no point transferring it to someone else as they will need two doses, so the hospital can start thinking, hey this might be a good thing, failing the above months for my booster, I would transfer it to my sister-in-law as she wants to buy it off of me, and that would be a loss to the hospital.

Just got to make sure I can get a booster of some kind from somewhere first.

• Like 1