Internal migration will be a major hurdle in Covid fight

webfact

screenshot_15668.jpg

By Cod Satrusayang

The movement of people within Thailand will be a major problem for the government and its Covid measures as the country slowly opens up, a source in the health ministry told Thai Enquirer on Friday.

Thailand has opened its doors to vaccinated tourists since November 1 in a bid to kickstart the economy and save the troubled hospitality sector.

And even though no incoming tourist has tested positive for Covid-19 year, the major hurdle will be the internal movement taking place inside the country to support the country’s reopening.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/34700/internal-migration-will-be-a-major-hurdle-in-covid-fight/

ti.jpg
  • Confused 5

From a MOH person who seems to be talking sense for one.  Interesting though that it is not a spokesperson nor is the person identified!

“I am not worried at all about the incoming tourists. They are vaccinated, they will be okay. What worries me is that these sandbox zones were suppose to be exclusive but so far there has been free travel throughout the country,” the source said.

“That means the disease is going to spread and fast unless we step up vaccination and strictly quarantine those province whose vaccination rates have lagged behind.”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

And even though no incoming tourist has tested positive for Covid-19 year, the major hurdle will be the internal movement taking place inside the country to support the country’s reopening.

And back to the governments vaccination programme, opening up before it's really ready.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Could be spike in Pattaya after the music festival no way will social distancing be observed.

I think that goes without saying.

The mrs has a cousin & sprogs driving down from Chonburi just for this, we've told them wer'e away on a sabbatical for the foreseeable future. ????

• Like 2

They don't even vaxx a 7 digit figure a day, loosers from Anutin's department.

However, opening is essential for the economy. Deal with it and don't whinge under your blue roof. It is not as leathal as Governments all around the world want to make believe, for multiple reasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed, so why has The Czar in all his so-called wisdom allowed 4 extra public holidays next year?????

Bcoz he thinks that will return happiness, and people will lub him too mut.

^money to the tourist businesses, and they will vote for him.

It appears he does not give a fig about another outbreak. But lets see if vaccines can be administered to all before then. I'm waiting to Feb to see what will happen with covid before i do a long road trip.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I think that goes without saying.

The mrs has a cousin & sprogs driving down from Chonburi just for this, we've told them wer'e away on a sabbatical for the foreseeable future. ????

Saw the video on the news, everyone sitting in a chair distanced from others and unable to stand and dance.  Seemed very regulated to me.

On 11/5/2021 at 9:13 AM, ThailandRyan said:

At least 6 have tested positive with one now in Phuket as well just this week.

Probably returning non mandatory pre flight tested Thais and as a tourist on a flight with potentially many Thais its a covid lottery vaccinated tested or not.