Nightmare scenarios continue in wake of Thailand Pass launch

snoop1130

8 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Why is it so hard for Thais to make websites. 

One of the most important websites of the last 2 years.

Their economy banking on it.

They still screw it up.

Because in the past they used to bring in teenage students from Singapore to do all their websites and apps.

Now it's too expensive and too much hassle for these guys to go over.

• Haha 1

API error aside

They should have trained up a call center.

Moreover, a prescreen process would be helpful as well as CLEAR DIRECTION.

Perhaps even another queue for those 21 days out or more. Less urgent.

For all the service mind they're supposed to have they've already lost the plot three days in

Better yet drop ALL the drama.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shuffler said:

I found the two main issues when applying for the Thai Pass.

One, convert your doc, s to jpeg. Do not send pdf. 

Two, Do not use Hotmail. Use g mail. 

Once I did that. Got the pass in two hours. 

Hope this helps.. 

But you would have thought that would be clearly stated in BOLD letters at the top of the app.  Oh, I forgot, I'm in Thailand!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Really how come they have not wrinkled out the bugs in 90 day online reporting online after 5 years?

It seems to me that the Thai mindset is Project based not maintenance i.e. finish the build then move on to the next project do not maintain and do not tweak the old projects. You see this in in buildings and public works where the build is finished then is allowed to deteriorate and collapse, then a new project is announced to replace the last one. This has become more prevalent in the EU with the advent of National Lottery grants and EU grants for projects  but not maintenance. I project that eventually there will be an announcement of a 'New' super dooper website to replace it, complete with new flaws and process errors that will never be rectified until the next website is created with its own new flaws and process errors which will never be rectified. And on it goes...

It seam like this Thailand Pass will for many be just a Thailand Pass (over).
When giving a pass on Thailand there r many other destinations that comes to mind.

On the other hand -did anyone think that Thai authority's would have a working app up and running within the 10 days they had after the decision was made?

8 hours ago, rwill said:

As my office in Ratchaburi likes to say when I ask how come I can't do 90 day online anymore,  "We like to see you."

Is that because they can more easily assess what size your "envelope" should be?

Just wondering...... ????

28 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

But you would have thought that would be clearly stated in BOLD letters at the top of the app.  Oh, I forgot, I'm in Thailand!

But that would only be the case if someone, ANYONE, had thought to test the App on a range of browsers / email types as is common practice in organised testing circles. But as you say, "TIT"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

in Thailand nothing can be done online except shopping. For all the rest you need lots of copies and papers to do anything, extension visa, driverslicense, 90days reports and other immigration issues, workpermits, not only for foreigners but for Thais too... Thailamd still far away from the digital era

Online Banking Apps (Bangkok Bank) …. has been working well for me over the past 2 years … kudos to them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

True, but a Thai is usually happy if you use the right kind of paper, that folding stuff you keep in your wallet works wonders.

Another example was on a visit to Tesco. A Thai girl looked most serious, with clipboard in hand.

You had to fill in her Covid form or she would not let you into the shop. It required a name...... "Roadrunner" and a signature...... "Beep Beep!"....... She was perfectly happy with that.

Reminds me 1996 when I was on the Karakorum hwy nearly 4000m+ at times Each post to sign in I saw Vincent Van Gogh, George Washington, et al had all been up the highway before me. Lucky dogs.

Edited by Chad3000

13 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Why is it so hard for Thais to make websites. 

One of the most important websites of the last 2 years.

Their economy banking on it.

They still screw it up.

Because of the poor standards of English language.  The developer communities for the various systems used to develop Apps operate in English.  Programs such as React Native and Flutter, and most the programming languages have large on-line communities to provide advice and solutions ..... but if you can't communicate effectively in English you cannot participate.

Even if they contract out to foreign developers,  they still need to brief them in English.

Not only the immigration and health websites are a disaster, commercial sites like Bitkub are also very poor.  This may also explain why K Bank is having another rou d of fraudulent transactions.  The Russian and Nigerian mafias are run ing rings around them.

English is the language of the cyber world, so Thailand is suffering because of its poor education system.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2021 at 8:19 PM, NanaSomchai said:

This is akin to walking into Tukcom Pattaya buying a cheap phone or cheap accessories and expect any kind of warranty whatsoever.

As soon as you've parted with your money, the very minute you walk away from the booth, you now are of ZERO interest whatsoever to the Thais in general.

Except by Thai consumer law you are allowed to return something within 7 days -and funny cos I have never had any real issues with receiving refunds on faulty goods here 

On 11/5/2021 at 6:08 PM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Interesting though that Thai Elite “can’t help”. And 15 Hours Work for T. Pass ? Credible. Took me 40 hours work over two weeks six years ago to prepare / submit for Embassy Retirement Visa……..

Would expect fast track T/ Pass to be part of the TE service though ? Take it that TP only for tourists & non- immigrants ? Not for PR or Citizens……..and T. Pass clearly already a major fiasco about to Fail.

No Way China for example will not somehow be Exempt. Imagine 400k applications instead of 40k.

There appear to be NO EXEMPTIONS for Thai nationals or for foreigners with ALL types of valid visas re-entering the kingdom. If you haven’t left Thailand, DON’T, because getting back into the country is a torturous, stressful, and very expensive process. Appalling, whichever way you look at it. And so unnecessary!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LoudHailer said:

There appear to be NO EXEMPTIONS for Thai nationals or for foreigners with ALL types of valid visas re-entering the kingdom. If you haven’t left Thailand, DON’T, because getting back into the country is a torturous, stressful, and very expensive process. Appalling, whichever way you look at it. And so unnecessary!

yeah thats exactly my strategy. haven’t left Phuket since March 2020. and won’t until my next outside project, maybe January. then wont return until this panic fear <deleted>show is done. thought that approach was “hardcore” until a guy here said he hadnt left Phuket in FIVE YEARS ! he lives a seriously minimized life ( like that Ryan O’ Neal character from “ The Driver”) so it’s credible.perhaps he took that MERS outbreak in 2016 too seriously !!?? ????