Thailand Pass agent a business opportunity?

If this new Thailand Pass is going to be a long term or permanent change I think there will be a demand for highly competent advisers to help people comply particularly around travel timing tactics and insurance. Probably people already working as insurance agents but able to expand their knowledge. I think each case will be different and I think this is too complicated to expect all cases to be handled by forum posts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, asiam110 said:

Sorry, I just spat my beer across the floor..

Demand for agents is not due to their competence, but their connections (and thus the rules they can bend)

In this case dealing with online applications to embassies I doubt acceptance will be based on baksheesh.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In this case dealing with online applications to embassies I doubt acceptance will be based on baksheesh.

Not sure, see SleepWithMe hotel that offer the package with TP acceptance... In addition there are already thailandpass submitters (not with hotel deal). It doesnt go via embassies either from my understanding. It's either instant approve or your vaccine goes to ministry of health for validation

Edited by asiam110
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, asiam110 said:

Not sure, see SleepWithMe hotel that offer the package with TP acceptance... In addition there are already thailandpass submitters (not with hotel deal). It doesnt go via embassies either from my understanding. It's either instant approve or your vaccine goes to ministry of health for validation

I'm thinking more of expats here that want to travel out and in. Tourism people have simpler cases.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm thinking more of expats here that want to travel out and in. Tourism people have simpler cases.

Time you get something up and running Asian countries would of aligned with western countries - EU and USA for example, no silly business, here my vax card and here's my lateral flow test job done..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

With regards to the Thailand Pass the cases for expats going in and out is exactly the same for Tourists coming in - Thailand Pass does not deal with Visa’s... it only deals with vaccine certificates, Passport ID and quarantine. 

Visa Status and Insurance (particularly for OA) is something Visa agents already handle (if thats what you were getting at). 

• Like 2

Notwithstanding current teething problems about which browsers and emails work, I found the whole process fairly easy though a little long winded. Actually easier than my annual retirement visa extension.

The trick is to have all your information  such as hotel address, insurance policy number etc to hand, and make sure you have saved all required documents as .jpegs.

I saved all document scans in one folder, and printed off a sheet with all the other  required info.

As I went through, I could either read from sheet and type in, or upload a scan.

TIP: Also scan a photo of the QR code on your vaccination certificate. You can add more than one photo. They say it makes registration faster.

I used Safari browser and a hotmail email address. My application was accepted, but I haven't yet received the confirmation email.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phetphet said:

Notwithstanding current teething problems about which browsers and emails work, I found the whole process fairly easy though a little long winded. Actually easier than my annual retirement visa extension.

The trick is to have all your information  such as hotel address, insurance policy number etc to hand, and make sure you have saved all required documents as .jpegs.

I saved all document scans in one folder, and printed off a sheet with all the other  required info.

As I went through, I could either read from sheet and type in, or upload a scan.

TIP: Also scan a photo of the QR code on your vaccination certificate. You can add more than one photo. They say it makes registration faster.

I used Safari browser and a hotmail email address. My application was accepted, but I haven't yet received the confirmation email.

Apparently lots of problems i.e. not receiving the email with hotmail. Maybe reregister with gmail as this was the gist of several pages I read about it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

With regards to the Thailand Pass the cases for expats going in and out is exactly the same for Tourists coming in - Thailand Pass does not deal with Visa’s... it only deals with vaccine certificates, Passport ID and quarantine. 

Visa Status and Insurance (particularly for OA) is something Visa agents already handle (if thats what you were getting at). 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes insurance is part of Thailand Pass and it appears there is already one such fee based service provider as I suggest there will indeed be a demand for.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/thailand-pass

I assume you didn't miss whose set up that website. They have their own adverts all over it.

Also you find this at the bottom the page. image.png.97c0de198d3f2d03d7080a065bc671f5.png 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, phetphet said:

also check your junk mail in hotmail as some erroneous email addresses end up straight in there. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you didn't miss whose set up that website. They have their own adverts all over it.

Also you find this at the bottom the page. image.png.97c0de198d3f2d03d7080a065bc671f5.png 

Yes.

I know not official.

I didn't suggest that it was.

The topic here is what I see as a new business opportunity for qualified experts to help people especially.older expats make sure that.if they travel from Thailand that they will be able to get back. Serious stuff.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The topic here is what I see as a new business opportunity for qualified experts to help people especially.older expats make sure that.if they travel from Thailand that they will be able to get back. Serious stuff.

Since you mention a business opportunity I am moving it to the correct forum.

Moved it to the Business forum.

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2021 at 8:22 PM, asiam110 said:

Sorry, I just spat my beer across the floor..

Demand for agents is not due to their competence, but their connections (and thus the rules they can bend).

Shelve the idea because without connections you'd be useless here.. 

Agents do not bend the rules, its immigration that bends the rules!

• Like 1