Arriving at CNX, Smartphone

Pond Life

29 minutes ago, fangless said:

So you had a QR then- I mean a Quick Release from the airport!

PS;  On a more serious note was it an internal flight and if so what tests/rules etc did you have to follow?

You need to be either vaccinated or do a test, that is it aside of the standard apps that rarely are checked, similar to QR in malls. 

I filled out the online form submitted it. When I caught the flight at Don Muang I found I could just take a picture of one Air Asia had conveniently posted by the check in counter.  So I had two. And they did check in CM but what it all meant, meh. 

They did check my vaccination form though.

7 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You need to be either vaccinated or do a test, that is it aside of the standard apps that rarely are checked, similar to QR in malls. 

I sometimes wonder about this. I do not use the internet on my telephone account, which is prepaid. I only use internet on WiFi, so when I go to the local BigC, for example, I am not able to upload the QR to the app, because they don't have an open, free WiFi . It seems a lot of other people don't, either, because they have a notebook that almost everybody signs in on. Is this also true in Bangkok?

10 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

So on arrival at CM airport you had to produce evidence of full vaccination.

Does that mean 'evidence' from produced by a Thai source or an international vaccine certificate issued abroad e.g. Australia?

If you can't do that have to take a test..... a fast response test?

1 hour ago, scorecard said:
11 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Does that mean 'evidence' from produced by a Thai source or an international vaccine certificate issued abroad e.g. Australia?

Same as OP here. I got my luggage and left, no question asked.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

I just showed my thai vaxx passport before flying, an unvaccinated friend went a week ago and needed to do a test before the flight and yes this is rapid version.

Not sure each airline does the same as was also the case towards surat thani (some airline insist 1 vaxx minimum and others just a test).

Very thai style and unclear but no test needed if fullt vaxxed in CM as far I experienced and know.

6 hours ago, Acharn said:

I sometimes wonder about this. I do not use the internet on my telephone account, which is prepaid. I only use internet on WiFi, so when I go to the local BigC, for example, I am not able to upload the QR to the app, because they don't have an open, free WiFi . It seems a lot of other people don't, either, because they have a notebook that almost everybody signs in on. Is this also true in Bangkok?

I dont know but theoretically the app could log your checkin and upload it once connected later on.

51 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I just showed my thai vaxx passport before flying, an unvaccinated friend went a week ago and needed to do a test before the flight and yes this is rapid version.

Not sure each airline does the same as was also the case towards surat thani (some airline insist 1 vaxx minimum and others just a test).

Very thai style and unclear but no test needed if fullt vaxxed in CM as far I experienced and know.

Sounds good. I'm planning to fly into Suvannabhumi from Sydney 9 Dec with Australian Medicare government vaccine certificate; 2 X AZ, and 2 X Pfizer, and negative swab/PCR test lin Sydney less than 48 hrs before depart Sydney.

Then swab/PCR test at 1 night hotel then next day fly Suvarnabhumi to CNX. So hopefully my vaccine cert. from Australia and the negative swab PCR test done in Sydney less then 48 hrs before depart Aust, and the swab/PCR negative test on day of arrival from abroad will keep everybody happy. 

But wait and see of course. 

Back to CNX airport, are friends/relatives etc., allowed to come in and sit in the area where they wait for arriving passengers to come out of luggage collection area?

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Sounds good. I'm planning to fly into Suvannabhumi from Sydney 9 Dec with Australian Medicare government vaccine certificate; 2 X AZ, and 2 X Pfizer, and negative swab/PCR test lin Sydney less than 48 hrs before depart Sydney.

Then swab/PCR test at 1 night hotel then next day fly Suvarnabhumi to CNX. So hopefully my vaccine cert. from Australia and the negative swab PCR test done in Sydney less then 48 hrs before depart Aust, and the swab/PCR negative test on day of arrival from abroad will keep everybody happy. 

But wait and see of course. 

Back to CNX airport, are friends/relatives etc., allowed to come in and sit in the area where they wait for arriving passengers to come out of luggage collection area?

Yes, friends can enter the airport and wait at the arrivals door.  I just flew CNX - BKK on Nov 1 and then back to CNX on nov 5.   Showed my thai-issued vaccine certificate at the check in counter both ways.   Filled the the CM-CHANA online form on my phone while i was waiting for my bag.   no one checked it as I walked out the door.

As I was leaving Samui I was told by Bangkok Airways staff , " You need to put www.phugetgo.com into your phone and download the ap  before you fly ."

I tried twice and a message  said the site was down.

I thought somebody would help me later , or on arrival at Phuket.  Instead I met nobody else who wanted to check anything  from me.

AND  I was amazed how busy Phuket Airport was ! 

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

Any Covid test in BKK or CNX on return? (for fully vacc)

If you're talking about returning from overseas, then yes, PCR test on arrival.

Effectively you have to stay in an ASQ hotel & wait for the result. 

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

No

Great! The last time I asked, they said I needed an expensive Covid test even though I was fully vacc.

Thai citizens get it for free but not foreigners.

Edited by EricTh