CCSA to consider replacing COVID RT-PCR with antigen tests for vaccinated travelers

webfact

D4016A55-EDCA-4AFC-BBFE-934D361E4E98.jpg

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is proposing replacing the COVID-19 RT-PCR test requirement for vaccinated arrivals to Thailand to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) at its meeting today (Friday), according to TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn.

Convening for the 18th time this year, the CCSA will deliberate on adjusting COVID-19 measures as proposed by different government ministries and agencies, including the TAT, which is also reporting to the CCSA on tourism-related developments since Thailand’s reopening on November 1st .

Apart from the decision on the COVID-19 test requirements, the CCSA is also expected to consider easing restrictions for “high-risk close contact” travellers, as their processing takes more than 6 hours and requires them to stay in a hotel for at least a day while waiting for the results.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ccsa-to-consider-replacing-covid-rt-pcr-with-antigen-tests-for-vaccinated-travelers/

Logo-top-.png

Not feeling too good about the high level of false positives that have been seen in Thailand lately … end up being whisked away to a detention facility (quarantine) until a confirming PCR test is done (which is also has its share of false positives)

• Like 1

No advance booking of 1 day AQL,  Antigen testing increases chances of false result manageable with low numbers.

if positive a follow up PCR at airport neg on ur way positive then hosp or AQL would be an improvement.

What ever they do most tourist areas have restrictions that are killing the opening anyway at least for me.

Edited by tomyami
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

Now saying "AT LEAST A DAY" in hotel. As I stated couple of weeks back you could be in the quarantine hotel for days until you get your test results.

Stay calm the test result is in the mail (along with the new car keys) 5555

That is what I suggested earlier did they take my idea is someone reading Asean from the government.

As I noted Thais having been moving around the country with after taking the antigen test for those who follow the rules. I did this last month to attend to my Thai brother in-law funeral he passed away a few days after getting the AZ blood clot in the lungs.  We went to a Thai clinic 590 baht 15 minutes later got a nice pre-type letter in Thai saying the test was negative and off we went. 

Coming around to your senses now get rid of the other <deleted> stuff, insurance in particularly. Forget having people contact the Consulate of permission C.O.E. Thailand Pass whatever the name you want to call it. All is needed is full vaccinated record and PRC test result and off you go.

Start the alcohol pouring open bar and clubs and away we go.

• Like 1