Thai Pass approved in just 30 seconds

Guys I hope this is correct, I filled the Thai Pass with all documents (I'm not vaccinated).

And I got approved with QR code to my email in only 30 seconds.

Seems no humans involved anymore probably too many people... so if you submit everything it will be automatically approved.

Seems this whole game is mostly a honor system now.

Also I noticed some hotels are cancelling their 7 day and 10 day quarantine packages so I'm guessing Thai government will stop this system soon after they get tired of paperwork...

• Like 2

I guess if you are not vaccinated, you do not need the Test & Go PCR booking, or maybe not the Insurance if you are going to pay the ASQ hotel yourself.

Took mine 8 hours but for the Test & Go option with a Gmail address.

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I guess if you are not vaccinated, you do not need the Test & Go PCR booking, or maybe not the Insurance if you are going to pay the ASQ hotel yourself.

Took mine 8 hours but for the Test & Go option with a Gmail address.

Everyone needs the same insurance. The only difference is that I didn't upload evidence of vaccines.

Look at Jeff info 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1238646-vaccine-required-to-enter-thailand-or-not/?do=findComment&comment=16963458

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rosiepose said:
37 minutes ago, Longreach said:

But i assume u r flying to thailand. No airline will let u on plane without proof of doublevacc.

airline doesnt care about thailand QR code.

what? not true...

you need only negative PCR test 

And ‘some’ airlines will allow you on without proof of vaccination or a PCR test result.

i.e. Qatar Airways does not demand a PCR negative test or proof of vaccination (when travelling to Qatar).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Longreach said:

ok . i australian. qantas wont let u on without doublevacc proof. my mistake.

I am in QLD Australia been told as of 17 th Dec can't even go to the airport unless double vaxed let alone trying to find a carrier that will fly me unvaxed to THAILAND.

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed - I don’t like the idea that flying to Thailand I could be sat next to an unvaccinated Thai person who is not required to take a PCR test before the flight - this just seems wrong. 

I think more Thais than you think may be getting a test before traveling due to many airlines requiring it.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think more Thais than you think may be getting a test before traveling due to many airlines requiring it.

I would hope so...  However, a PCR test is not a requirement to travel on the airlines I have flown this year (Qatar, Finn, Emirates).

Pre-flight PCR tests were a requirement only by destination:

A pre-flight PCR test is not required flying to Qatar in the second half of the year, a PCR test is administered on arrival.

A pre-flight PCR test is not required flying to the UK, for vaccinated individuals a PCR test is ‘pre-booked’ and taken on day two of arrival (this test requirement has now been changed to Antigen test).

For unvaccinated individuals a two PCR tests are ‘pre-booked’ and taken on day 2 and 8 after arrival, travellers are also required to ‘home isolate’ for 10 days.

A pre-flight PCR test is required for all vaccinated individuals flying to Thailand, but, not for unvaccinated Thai’s who have to quarantine - which IMO is an extremely odd regulation - thus those unvaccinated Thai’s travelling to Thailand on Emirates, Qatar, Finn Airways do not have to present a pre-flight PCR test. 

I think its a valid point that not many Thai’s travelling into Thailand would not be vaccinated as many nations offer vaccination to everyone no matter their residential status in that nation. Additionally, most Thai’s are not silly enough to be anti-vaxxers as if their rights are impeded by a government trying to protect its citizens. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Longreach said:

But i assume u r flying to thailand. No airline will let u on plane without proof of doublevacc.

Korean Air told me it was entirely up to destination and pointed me to part of their website with country drop down menu.

3 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm... no system is perfect. They must have made a mistake issuing your pass so quickly ????

When applying to the Thailand Pass for the 10 day Alternative Quarantine option the approval has always been immediate. 

This was actually a ‘workaround’ to securing Thailand Pass approval as a Plan B to get you in the door when people were not getting approvals in the first week of operation (and still applying with a 1 night Test and Go booking). 

20 hours ago, Longreach said:

@ubonjoe The only misinformation on this topic is people saying airlines required vaccines and that vaccinated passengers cannot spread COVID.

Both of these are false.

You are not a doctor so stop picking and choosing which opinions you allow to be shared here!

1 hour ago, rosiepose said:

You are not a doctor so stop picking and choosing which opinions you allow to be shared here!

The post about airlines was quickly corrected by more than one poster.

What you posted was nowhere close to being the same category of false info.

This from the rules for posting during the covid 19 pandemic.

"Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site."

Source: https://aseannow.com/topic/1173170-updated-notice-to-members-posting-on-asean-now-amid-covid-19/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yeah. Seems to be quite presumptuous from some that any/every Thai will be less likely to be tested/vaccinated than that of your average and superior Euro-type. Predictable and sad commentary from the usual circles. 

• Like 1