Thailand Pass Problem - Need help

5 hours ago, donx said:

My wife received her QR code last night at 2:00 AM EST. It has her arrival date correctly shown as 28 December 2021 even though her booking and Test & Go package certificates show her arriving on December 27. I thought this was going to be an issue since she, like the OP, arrives at 00:05.

My guess is that either 1) someone is inspecting these documents manually and the person reviewing her documents understood the situation. Or 2) the flight number I entered is the flight from Tokyo to Bangkok, but the OP entered his/her flight departing from the place of origin. Initially I tried to enter both flight numbers into the Thailand Pass form, but I was only allowed to enter one flight number, so I chose to enter to flight that arrives in Bangkok on the 28th.

I still need to confirm that my son and daughter received a QR code, but they won't be awake for several hours.

Some of the applications are being checked manually. 

For those with clear documents and QR codes the ‘bots’ can ‘collate’ the required data at each phase of the application and make and generate an approval if all the right criteria is met. 

IF all the documents and QR codes are clear but not correct (i.e. hotel arrival date different from arriving flight date) the right criteria has not been met and the ‘bots’ collating the date will return the query with a rejection. 

IF all the documents and QR codes not clear and cannot be collated or handled by the ‘bots’ the case / application will be shunted along to a human who can exercise discretion. 

This is why Thailand Pass applicants are experiencing slightly different responses to similar issues.

-------

Finally - the Flight Number is the Arriving Flight.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some of the applications are being checked manually. 

For those with clear documents and QR codes the ‘bots’ can ‘collate’ the required data at each phase of the application and make and generate an approval if all the right criteria is met. 

IF all the documents and QR codes are clear but not correct (i.e. hotel arrival date different from arriving flight date) the right criteria has not been met and the ‘bots’ collating the date will return the query with a rejection. 

IF all the documents and QR codes not clear and cannot be collated or handled by the ‘bots’ the case / application will be shunted along to a human who can exercise discretion. 

This is why Thailand Pass applicants are experiencing slightly different responses to similar issues.

-------

Finally - the Flight Number is the Arriving Flight.

Well, let me just say that there are 3 in my family travelling on the same itinerary with the same hotel booking information. The differences between their documents are that they have different passports, their CDC vaccination cards are different but are all photos of the CDC card, and the insurance policy documents look identical other than their names and their policy numbers. However, only my son's Thailand Pass has been rejected: "Thailand Pass system has rejected your registration due to Please upload paid hotel reservation confirmation that includes RT-PCR test".

I used the same hotel reservation confirmation document for all 3 applications. Why was his the only one rejected? Well it could be because his first name was slightly misspelled - something similar to David being spelled as Davod. His middle name is a uniquely Thai sounding name. All three of them have the same last name are they are all listed on the Test & Go Package certificate. But I only supplied this Test & Go certificate with my second submission. Those submissions have an access code and when I check the status using those access codes, they all still say the applications are being reviewed. This leads me to believe the QR codes for my wife and daughter are from the first applications I submitted last Tuesday. For those applications, I used the Agoda booking confirmation which didn't include anything about the Test & Go package which I paid separately directly to the hotel. The only indication on the Agoda confirmation that this hotel provides a Test & Go package is that after the hotel name, in parentheses, is SHA+. The hotel did provide me with a Test & Go certificate with my son's name correctly spelled which is what I uploaded today when their system suggested applying for his Thailand Pass again. I now have another access code for today's application.

On all those documents other than the airline itinerary which is never requested, the arrival date states that it is December 27. The flight arrives at 00:05 December 28. Both my wife's and my daughter's arrival date under their QR code says "28 December 2021". It seems to me there are humans involved reviewing this information and that some are more picky or careful than others. That's only a guess.

As I remember from my youth, "two out of three ain't bad".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Nice reply to someone who just tries to help you.

dude, the guy just said: "You booked the wrong day", which imo doesn't help since no, I did not book the wrong day.

It's not just a matter of common sense.... this is supposed to be a quarantine, so we are supposed to go to the hotel once we land, not after 12-15 hours of loitering about in airports.

My booking was correct, it's not my fault thai authorities are too stupid to understand what a late arrival is.

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Thai Pass is simple and doesn’t want us to ‘over think’ with the application of common sense:

Book the arrival hotel for the same date as your arriving flight - thats it nothing else. 

Repeat: book the hotel on exactly the same date your flight arrives. 

IF your flight arrival is 00:05 hrs on 20-December-2021 - book the hotel from 20-December and to check out on 21-December: The hotel will work the rest out, you will have to give them your arrival details and they will arrange transfers to the hotel and PCR tests (either at the hotel or Via a hospital)... Thats it, that simple.

I’ve made 4 entries into Thailand so far, 2 ASQ, 1 Sandbox, 1 Test & Go - the entry timings and hotel bookings etc are all the same - simple and not to be over thought - this is just to ‘please tick the right boxes’ on the applications.

-----------

Normal hotels all have a check in at 14:00 hrs, however, this is not normal !!!...  otherwise that would be 14 hours of flight arrivals which theoretically would incur the previous nights stay, especially if the hotel was not one which offers an early check in from 11am etc... and thats still 11 hours !!!

The hotels know the AQ package they are offering, they know that if someone arrives at 1am, or 10am is very unlikely they’ll stay the night anyway as they’ll have their PCR test by mid-afternoon and be gone, and if not, then they still have a guest paying for night in rooms which may otherwise be empty given the lack of tourist. 

well, man, I really appreciate your posts and find them useful...

But honestly I'm not sure you're one hundred percent correct.

I mean, another poster had the exact same issue and yet 2 applications were accepted and one was rejected.

It seems to me like it's the usual thai way... no clear criteria, no common sense, just a bunch of idiots doing whatever they like without any rhyme or reason.

Anyways, for the time being the hotel I booked is not responding to my emails (asked them to help me fix it, either by giving me a letter with the right dates or having me check in the next day but yeah, so far no response...very nice considering it's already pretty expensive)

so I tried just re-registering with  the exact same data I had last time (and a comment about the late arrival)

It looks like it's pretty random anyways... so, who knows, I might get lucky. And if not I will be rejected in 2-3 days and I should have time for one more attempt (flight booked for the 21st).

Still, if the hotel won't do anything to help me I could re-book for another day (and wast2-300 dollars) or give up on going to Thailand.

One thing is for sure, if my fiance wasn't there I would never, ever go back to this country of total morons. And if for whatever reason I can't make it there this month, despite all the work I put into it and the money I spent, just because of their stupidity, I will have to start seriously considering looking for a new fiancee. I now hate thai bureaucracy with a passion and I'm not sure I could live there after all. Among other things, I gave my notice at my current apartment (a fantastic deal that is almost unheard of in expensive Vancouver) and if I can't move now I will be forced to pay more in rent in the future and waste a lot of money.

11 minutes ago, Niteowl45 said:

dude, the guy just said: "You booked the wrong day", which imo doesn't help since no, I did not book the wrong day.

It's not just a matter of common sense.... this is supposed to be a quarantine, so we are supposed to go to the hotel once we land, not after 12-15 hours of loitering about in airports.

My booking was correct, it's not my fault thai authorities are too stupid to understand what a late arrival is.

I concur that you booked the right day. When you arrive at 00:05, you have to book a hotel for the previous day. I’ve done this throughout my entire life, and I used to do a lot of business trips from the US to Asia. And this is exactly what I booked for my family. In fact my wife and daughter have their QR codes with the arrival date showing as the day after their booking date. Only my son was rejected - not because of the arrival date not matching with the booking date, but because there wasn’t proof of a purchase of the RT-PCR test which was purchased separately from the hotel booking.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, donx said:

I concur that you booked the right day. When you arrive at 00:05, you have to book a hotel for the previous day. I’ve done this throughout my entire life, and I used to do a lot of business trips from the US to Asia. And this is exactly what I booked for my family. In fact my wife and daughter have their QR codes with the arrival date showing as the day after their booking date. Only my son was rejected - not because of the arrival date not matching with the booking date, but because there wasn’t proof of a purchase of the RT-PCR test which was purchased separately from the hotel booking.

Well, man, I'm glad the mismatched dates were not an issue for you.

In my case, however, those dates were considered a reason for rejecting my registration twice....

Like I said, glad it worked out for you but it's still very weird that some applications with mismatched dates are being accepted and others aren't. Once again, Thailand looks like a total mess.

Anyways, my hotel sent me another booking confirmation with dates that match my flight now. Kinda ridiculous I even had to ask but okay, whatever.

So I reapplied, but this time with dates that match and a new confirmation letter from the hotel.

If for whatever reason I still don't get my QR that's it for me and Thailand. I've spent enough money and time on their <deleted>. I guess my fiancee will have to find another husband if that's the case.