Suggestions for Topic Titles and Script: Both of which will help my posted topics reach 50K, rather than my low hundreds. Thank you.

GammaGlobulin

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Maybe it might be a problem.

However, I often feel hesitant to comment on the threads of others, not knowing if I might be welcome.

It's just a matter of my trying to be respectful to others, and trying not to intrude where I might be unwanted.

So, actually, this is the reason I do not comment much on others' threads, no matter how great they are.

The only way for you to get your likes up is by commenting, even the sad and confused things are included in total, anyway best to not worry about how many you have and how to get more, it doesn't matter the end of the day

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The only way for you to get your likes up is by commenting, even the sad and confused things are included in total, anyway best to not worry about how many you have and how to get more, it doesn't matter the end of the day

You have reminded me of my favorite film.

Not the end of the day.

But, The Remains of the Day.

Films don't get much better than this.

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Can we agree to slightly modify your suggested TOPIC in order to make it more user-friendly?

What about:

"How, During Covid-induced Loneliness, I Overcame Resultant Challenges, Solely by the Grace of TV. And, How I Avoided Disfiguring myself with tattoos and body piercings, resulting from Monkey see, Monkey do, social media"

Covid induced lonliness?  Utter tosh, man up - I didn't see my wife for 7 months, I've seen her twice in almost 2 years.  Whilst I remain in the UK, I live alone in a remote location and rarely see a soul - I don't suffer from any challenges or resort to writing posts bordering on lunacy.  It is what it is - ride it out and get on with life, it won't last for ever.

Have you ever asked yourself why you get the reactions you do?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Covid induced lonliness?  Utter tosh, man up - I didn't see my wife for 7 months, I've seen her twice in almost 2 years.  Whilst I remain in the UK, I live alone in a remote location and rarely see a soul - I don't suffer from any challenges or resort to writing posts bordering on lunacy.  It is what it is - ride it out and get on with life, it won't last for ever.

The esprit of arrogance with a hint of fanciful play?

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

totally agree .... life goes on,  wherever you are, what ever the issues, just manage them and get on with it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

The esprit of arrogance with a hint of fanciful play?

OK, I didn't want to bring this up but I get a little tired of hearing people whinge about how Covid has affected them.  I have cancer - something that will affect 50% of us at some point in our lives.  Having a potentially terminal illness has a way of making you cut through the cr ap and get on with the realities of life.  I'm on top of it and the only thing or person that controls my life is me. Yes, its been hard not seeing my wife every 8 weeks like I used to but whinging won't change anything and nor will posting crazy topics.

There are people in this world far worse off than any of us, what right have we to moan about having a few restrictions placed on us?

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

How I Avoided Disfiguring myself with tattoos and body piercings, resulting from Monkey see, Monkey do, social media"

Careful - your bias is showing.

I got my first tattoo many many years before the term 'social media' was coined. Way Way before computers and cell fones.

Maybe try - "Let Others Live Their Life, as They Let You Live Yours"

The only monkey see monkey doo I see is from posters on here denouncing people who are not just the same as they are.

Most caused by living their "white picket fence" lifestyle and have never stepped out of their comfort zone.

In a word - "Citizens"

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 3:16 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Can we agree to slightly modify your suggested TOPIC in order to make it more user-friendly?

What about:

"How, During Covid-induced Loneliness, I Overcame Resultant Challenges, Solely by the Grace of TV. And, How I Avoided Disfiguring myself with tattoos and body piercings, resulting from Monkey see, Monkey do, social media"

Enticement vs response containing credible revelation .  Question tacked to a question. Avoidance via diversion of  even initial topic created by self.

Troll?

Or seeking help?.

On 11/18/2021 at 1:03 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

I often feel hesitant to comment on the threads of others, not knowing if I might be welcome.

It's just a matter of my trying to be respectful to others, and trying not to intrude where I might be unwanted.

Why?  It's a public forum, for God's sake, there's no other reason for it to exist!

Stick with the classics such as I love Thailand, I hate Thailand, Price of beer and wine, Ladyboy topics, my wife is hi-so, cost of living in Thailand. Here's one that hasn't been done in awhile....... Why  do so many old foreigners have young kids in Thailand?

Let me suggest a topic that some might find useful: a glossary of abbreviations and acronyms. LoS, non-O, OP, and so forth, all may save time for the writers but create stumbling blocks for the uninitiated reader and contribute to an unnecessarily cliquish atmosphere of insiders and outsiders. Maybe this isn't well suited to the hierarchical forum structure - but a contributor intent on attracting a lot of views would probably be well rewarded for setting it up.